Ikeja,Lagos ranked NO1 "Selfie" city in Africa by Time | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Friday 14 March 2014

Ikeja,Lagos ranked NO1 "Selfie" city in Africa by Time

According to Time Magazine.Ikeja in Lagos Nigeria is the“selfiest” city in Africa after discovering the population there take more selfies than any other city in Africa.This ranks it 224th out of over 450 cities surveyed globally
They said Ikeja, with a population of just over 313,000, boasts of 14 “selfies” to every 100,000 people, ranking .
The 2nd-6th positions all go to South African Cities Johannesburg with seven “selfies” taken for every 100,000 people. Cape Town (331), Pretoria (379), Port Elizabeth (400) and Durban (414).
Then Nairobi Kenya comes in at 7th place.
TIME built a database of more than 400,000 Instagram photos tagged “selfie” that included geographic coordinates to investigate the geography of selfies.
Globally, Makati CityPhilippines is No 1 with 258 “selfies” being taken for every 100,000 people

14 comments:

  1. See them! That's all they can take first position for, snapping pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Eneh and so....is their any kind allocation attached to it......abeg you guys should go and sleep

    ReplyDelete
  3. Endtime faces

    ReplyDelete
  4. She my face when I woke up without make-up+snap+my face when I brushed my teeth+snap+me eating breakfast+snap+me in the bathroom (Flavour style)+snap+me in a towel ready to bath+snap+me in a bathtub exposing my special pinger+snap+me outta the bathtub+snap+me wearing my clothes+snap+me applying make-up+me outta the door+snap+me waiting for bus+snap+me jumping on Molue+snap+me settling to read blog+snap+me paying for fare with annoyance+me jumping at owa ooo+snap+me in the office+me reading this blog+me TGIF+Lagos na wah o! Posting Snapping thingz on instagram/twitter and FB. SNAP!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You get time to compose this epistle oh

      Delete
    2. Lmaoooo.. As in ehn.. See long epistle.

      Delete
    3. LMBAO you no get work o

      Delete
  5. And this is suppose to be an achievement....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to selfies them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hnmmm,#acheivment

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321