Bloggers Diary- My true story of love, lust and... an unusual marriage | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Sunday 7 July 2013

Bloggers Diary- My true story of love, lust and... an unusual marriage


"Emeh you are a married woman. Thank God I no do anything with you oh! My close male friend said as he reeled of laughter..
Am I really married? Could a spur of the moment action I took 9years ago be legally binding?
It all started like this...

Sometime in 2004, at 19...my beloved late dad and I were at loggerheads. Reason? I was inlove with someone. ( I choose not to mention his name)This someone was my everything. He had nurtured me from the early age of 17, when we just met and it metamorphosed into love.
I didn't have any problem when he indicated he was going to get married to me. I couldn't see myself living without him.
He was a certified Jos big boy and my dad would frown whenever he parked one of his exotic rides outside our compound. My dad had watched the relationship grow and nurtured a plan to separate us atleast to stop me from getting married so early.
"Emeh, do you know the plans I have for You"? You are not meant to marry a businessman but a minister or President of a country(Amen), a learned man who has pedigree".
I would laugh out loud. I didn't care about that, My business oriented boyfriend was it.

Our relationship was too good to be true, he spoilt me silly and then " HE BEAT ME Silly".
At first, it was a light shove, then a slap, later it metamorphosed to a punch and then breaking chairs on my back( Yes! my spinal cord is still intact).
After every bout of beating, He would drive me around town to the best restaurant in Jos, he would buy me expensive gifts, cry and promise never to lay his hands on me ever again.
I would forgive him ( I wasn't going to leave anyway) and we would continue our blissful and faithful relationship.
Something was peculiar about our relationship. I dressed the way he wanted me to dress, walked the way he wanted and talked the way he wanted. I had no friends and he would fight whenever I spent too much time with my family. However, I mistook it for love. Needless to say, he never cheated on me. I know many rolled their eyes at this thought but I tried all the tricks in the book to catch him. He came out clean. I tested him with my friends, strangers, placing strange earrings by the bed and a whole lot. He just didn't fall for it.
Our relationship was cheat proof or so I thought.


It happened on a beautiful evening sometime in 2004, a new Internet cafe had just opened and it was situated close to the University of Jos. I decided to stop by and open an email address which I had no idea about.
I walked in to the cafe filled with students and those who would later become yahoo gurus, then I saw him. He was staring at me as I requested for a 2hr ticket. He gave it to me and directed me to an unoccupied system. I sat and told him what I wanted to do. He helped me open my email address which had my boyfriend as my surname.
Then i was Introduced to yahoo messenger and before I knew it, I was in a chat room chatting with unknown people and I loved it.
However, one chat buddy stood out. He was downright sexual with me, no man had flirted with me like that. My boyfriend wasn't exactly into whirlwind romance. He was a perfect gentleman. So I found myself falling for this stranger.. After reluctantly logging off, I was about to leave when Ed turned to me and asked if I enjoyed chatting, i told him i did. He also asked if I met anyone interesting, I told him about a guy I met who's name was strawberry /Chocolates. He smiled
The next day, I couldn't wait to come online. I rushed over to Ed's cafe and i felt the same surge of emotions as I said Hi to him. Leaning over my shoulder, he unlocked my system, giving me lots of free browsing time. As soon as I logged on, ED disappeared and i started chatting with strawberry man. Little did I know, strawberry man was ED. I figured out when, my strawberry man always seemed to stop chatting whenever ED came to inspect the users, and as soon as he went back to his office, strawberry man resumed chatting.
After that revelation, i kicked things off with ED. It was only natural, he took me to any realm ( literally) and for the first time, I saw my dreams, my future with my boyfriend, a man I loved deeply going down the drain. I couldn't stand him. He irritated me and I pitied him.
Meanwhile, I didn't tell ED about him because I presumed I was going to break up with my boyfriend soon.
Ed was the definition of young wild and free. He was Intelligent, an IT guru and was a fantastic programmer. I felt that was where I belonged. As expected, people were jealous of our relationship, girls especially, oh how girls loved him. I was proud he was mine.

Then, my beloved dad noticed a change and it scared him. I was now reckless, i didn't care, I went out at odd times, I sneaked out at nights. And he knew he had had enough. He had to clip my immature wings. He had to separate me and who he knew as my boyfriend. What he didn't know Was" There was someone else in my Life" Someone who was responsible for my new attitude and that person wasn't the boyfriend he knew. Infact, i had told my boyfriend off and though he didn't let go, in my mind, I had let go.

So, it came as a shocker when one month after meeting ED, i gained admission to study Public Administration in UNIJOS and my dad said " You are going to Cameroon"
I was like really? For holiday Right"? He said " to school. I've decided you should study in Cameroon. Besides I wanted you to read Law, they didn't give you Law and now I've gotten admission for you to study Law inthe University of Buea".

I froze. He couldn't do this to me. Separate me from Ed. I wasn't going to survive it. "I'm not going dad. I'm staying here in Jos"
"Then you stay on your own. Because I would denounce you as my child"..
I went over to break the sad news to ED, and we cried( did he? Can't recall) .Anyway we cried and it was on a chilly raining evening. ED proposed to me " will you marry me Emeh Achanga"? I said "Yes I Will ED" we thought of going to a pastor to seal our union but there was no time and a lot involved so,we decided to get hitched online. A marriage site.

With that covenant, i was Cameroon bound and yes, it took 3 months for us to breakup. He was just to busy to call me and was always busy when I called.
So I forgot about my online husband. I forgot about the tears, the lust, the love. It was an experience which changed my perception about life, choices and love. I craved for the gentle and calm emotions which I felt for my ex boyfriend, a man I dumped for ED. Needless to say, he forgave me, acknowledging the fact that I needed to spread my wings and experience other things... and we continued our relationship


That said and done... 2 weeks ago, ED who is now doing well for himself, emailed me.. He said he just found a happy anniversary message from the site we got hitched on and the interesting part is " What we did was Legal" I laughed it off but quickly went online and read it could be legal " so I've been married for 9yrs "? Wow my marriage lasted.
So, i contacted a lawyer for advise and after laughing for 30 secs he asked if the marriage was consummated (seriously?)
But I've been advised to get a divorce (haha haha) thinking about it makes me laugh. I never dreamt of being married let alone divorced, meanwhile, my errm,,husband,lives in Kenya so no show..

Anyway, I wrote this to show how sometimes we take decisions without thinking of the future consequences. But all these experiences make us better in future.

Will I do what I did given what I know now? I can't. That's life. That's the diary of a married and soon to be divorced blogger..lolz

100 comments:

  1. nice write upcould"nt believe i read it all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very beautiful n inspiring story.. Love the fact that it came from you Emeh as a personal experience n it made much sense.

      Delete
    2. wow! This piece make me keel. My eyes almost turn beady. Ur use of words is well polished and articulated.
      Love is divine but when it comes to relationship one has to be very careful, take your time before you jump into it. May God guide us. Happy Sunday.

      DR FIBROID

      Delete
    3. Dr fibroid which one be bendy, keel. No confuse us oh. Btw, i get fibroid for ass, u fit treat am?

      Delete
    4. Annon 13.39. I caant stop laughing so hard. Ur comment is so funny. Bendy keel. Fibroid for ass! Is it too much sugar or so much dick? Anyway dis clown dat call himself Dr fibroid ll cure it by pick d fibroid wit his teeth.

      Delete
  2. Hehehehehe wat a funny story.So u were dis kind "love me tender"teenagers back then?loooolz.How old are u sef miss Emeh abi na Mrs Emeh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should be 28/29 yrs. She was 19 in 2004......

      Delete
  3. i dont reli understand so u not dating ed anymore and u went back to ur former bf?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wetin concern u. U wan marry am not First remove that windscreen for your eye make we see if you reach
      Miss P, you be donness, plural of don

      Delete
    2. Hahahahahahahahahhhahahaha he don change the picture. It bad @ Ojo. Managable

      Delete
    3. u don too insult me.......make i change am

      Delete
    4. make u decide weda i fit 4 miss p

      Delete
    5. No we cool my niccur. U be fine dude. When I finish do runs I fit come settle down with you. Just dey pray say I stop runs this 2013 because men na dogs

      Delete
    6. no worries,women worst......no probs,i go wait

      Delete
    7. Hahahahaha Lmao @ men na dogs @pweety

      Delete
    8. Ojo and pweety no normal I swear,as 4 u mrs emeh ed happy aniversary,pls if d guy is ok jus try nd check him out 1st b4 u divorce him o,he myt b urs u kno.

      Delete
  4. Oh Emeh, this is one of the most beautiful and genuine things I've ever read. I feel like crying. Now jokes you be married woman oh that means you don commit adultery hehehehee abi u never do for 9yrs?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mrs P!!! i just love the humor in the story...
    i love this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol four things killed me
    - your spinal cord still intact
    - wondering if ED cried
    -the lawyer laughing
    - and your incredible story telling skill. So simple and so interesting

    So how far with the divorce hahaha. U be divorcee oh, bride price go reduce be that lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Mumu how u go understand when u don't read books. Ur own na to insult people

      Delete
    2. @Eddie trust me we wud hav bin surprised if u understood....

      Delete
  8. Lol.. I rily enjoyed dis Mrs. Emeh *winks*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mrs Emeh he he he he he as you small so

    ReplyDelete
  10. hence forth is Mrs P..seriously gal u hav been married for 9yrs without knowing...your writing is so funny kai..i cant stop laffing..But you taught me something ,i dont think i will forget about LOVE. Nice write up..Kip it up sweetheart!! @ Pwetty ..u really make these Blog funny and lively with your Bad mouth..love u the way you are Pwetty, kip doin your thing . *15yrs Mrs P yungest Comentator*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally, you speak and write good English. Abi u forgot to type dumbly

      Delete
  11. Wow.. Emeh Achanga.. You are just such a fantastic writer.. Anyone who appreciates literature will enjoy this fantastic piece..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loooool so funny. Meanwhile you divorce ED, send me his contact. Sounds like a catch winks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Na wa o, you a an experienced woman when it comes to marriage too. 6yrs could be enough experience.

    Shrek

    ReplyDelete
  14. And the equilibrum of this story is....? DRY piece, yawns....goes back to playing scrabble.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  15. So u fit write sweet story like dis? Den u dey delay ur talent all dis tym with hog Wash BS. Well thank God u realized on tym, if nt u 4 don dey act AFRICA MAGIC with ur future hubby. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Emeh u cracked me up but u and your husband (coughs) never do since 2004 so na annulment be that .

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emeh, oh! Mrs Emeh, nawa o......xo naw ur married o, wat if by mistake naw u nd ur present bf wud got engaged b4 u knew u were married? U 4 don enter cassala o......ur blog is nice nd u do tinz dat some bloggers dont do, which is interacting or commenting wif ur readers and giving us ur life xperiences 4rm time 2 time....swiree we love u oooo, just dey give us beta beta news, make we laff.......who has heard TIWA SAVAGE FT DR SID-SEE BENEATH UR BEAUTIFUL....its an old song tho buh its lovely nd better dan d real song.....

    ReplyDelete
  18. Damn u beautiful. For the first time, I won't mind dating a married woman. Marry Me Please . im rich with love not money. We can struggle and build an empire together. Just answer yes and it is done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I'm rich in love, poor in boobs, ass, face and money. Forget Emeh we are a perfect match. My husband

      Before I forget. I love your blog Miss P

      Delete
  19. So you are married...Mrs Petite

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww thanks for this...been a whyle. Grabs coke!will cm bk to comment on the diary..

    Mwl, about the new segment I suggested..please think about how its going to be,how many pictures required, the little interview questions, and do a post letting people know how to feature.. Dear pwetty, Joan, 15yr youngestcommentator, ...I made this suggestion just to see you guys..hope y'all will be interested.

    Mwuah! Lv u much

    ReplyDelete
  21. LooooL Emeh!...beautiful piece! Usure are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  22. So what we get drunk?
    So what we smoke Weed?
    We just havin fun
    We don't care who sees
    So what we go out?
    Thats how its supposed to be
    Livin young wild n free.

    ReplyDelete
  23. But hang on a sec. Do the laws of nigeria recognize and validate ur marriage. Think gay rights in nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awwww this is beauriful...young love can be crazy. I do t think the online marriage laws apply in Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lol....Mrs Emeh ED-Achanga...hmmm nice name..

    ReplyDelete
  26. love can realy be crazy when ur young....so should we call u mrs Emeh or miss Emeh

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lmaooooo Mrs Emeh Petite. You look so young for 28 and yes I did the math winks

    ReplyDelete
  28. Emeh are you fulani?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What i meant was do u have fulani blood cus u look fulani

      Delete
  29. Emeh is so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  30. awww,this girl is too too much.and pweety too.i did worse things as a teenager so i can relate.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Mrs Emeh, u sef don bleach like rat wey dem baf with red oil

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dumb 4 life dullard thats emeh's natural skin tone and if she were to live nigeria for a cooler climate it will get more lighter

      Delete
    2. Hahahahahahahahahhhahahaha rat wey baf with red oil. I know Emeh, she doesn't even rub cream. But she uses lots of shea butter
      Thank me for this olofofo

      Delete
  32. Wow! Speechless.. You are gifted Emeh.. You should write more often.. Huntly

    ReplyDelete
  33. Miss p ur Hell of a gr8 writer.am inspired

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow miss p ur on point,kip it flyin

    ReplyDelete
  35. Nice piece Eme....your narrative skill is #superb#...if I were 2 invest on a blog,I would on urs.Keepup
    Sweeney*

    ReplyDelete
  36. This piece of writing will help the internet viewers for creating new website or even a blog from
    start to end.

    Take a look at my web site :: louis vuitton outlet online

    ReplyDelete
  37. Emeh, Dia was never a marriage btw u and d guy. Bein a student of law, I know 9ja doz not recognize online marriage. Conditions 4 a valid marriage were stated in our MATRIMONIAL CAUSES ACT , online marriage was not stated, so, d issue of consummation doz not even arise.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love this wow

    ReplyDelete
  39. miss p u r a genius

    ReplyDelete
  40. my mentor @ it again.... this is the reason why this blog is the first blog i visit when am about to start my day...love ur blog..
    www.flavour360.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  41. BEAUTIFUL PIECE

    ReplyDelete
  42. i mean she is such a mentor!!!!!!!!!! i love you Emeh,ur sense of humour is off the hook.i loveee u.coming from somebody very close to u.very very close!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Il pay you 20000 naira if u wud agree to give me emeh's contact phone number, personal email address, house address, church, the markets she frequents, the perfumes she likes, anything that wud be help.

      Delete
    2. From a guy who loves emeh

      Delete
    3. So a whole Emeh, all this info just for 20k? Make am 100k I go give you everything even size of her pant..winks

      Delete
    4. seriously.you guys are sick.....@ anon 19:01 and 20;00.so you think i will give Emeh's nos to u assholes? well i love her so much and would not for anything in the world.Roger that IDIATS!!!!!!!!

      Delete
    5. @ seize of her pants really???????????/ hnmmmmm

      Delete
  43. miss p so u don marry?? so u no dey single abi? abi u still dey single?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. which kian abaya u be?foolish one or foolish one?

      Delete
  44. I love this writeup. So natural, so Emehish...no forming. Mehn u fucking good and beautiful too. Excuse my language

    ReplyDelete
  45. So WTF are you gonna do about the marraige huh?

    ReplyDelete
  46. Emeh nice story but i cant over look the fact that this guy cud hit my emeh. If i got u correctly this guys breaks a chairs on ur back? I wondering the force he must have used. Also u said chairs, that means not once, not twice, he sounds like a serial back chair breaker. Im like how many chairs did he break. He also beats u silly and spoils u silly. Thats breaks my heart emeh that u such a beautiful face, lovely heart and creative mind had to go through such horrors. This is nothing more than domestic abuse emeh. Your guy has the traits of an abusive partner which is beat and beg then spoil beat and beg then spoil and beat and beg then spoil. I think u need to stop seeing this guy emeh honestly. He hit u? What the fuck!!
    Please emeh think carefully about ur relationship and involvement with this guy cause to me this guy is a beast. I dont care if he spoils u silly with nice gifts and loads of money. For using a chair on u emeh and beating u HE NEEDS TO GO!! Accordind to your write up u hooked up back with him. I dont like him for hitting u emeh and using a chair on u.
    And to all of you who enjoyed the write up i say u are all sick promoting domestic violence. I mean this guy broke a chair on emeh's back. Take a lot of that preety face of emeh now i want all of you to picture a guy slaming a chair on emeh's back and that chair breaking to pieces then tell me if you enjoyed the write up. Emeh writes well no doubt but she needs to LEAVE THAT GUY WHO BEAT HER. Emeh i dont care if the sex is sweet or he hold well welll. RUN RUN RUN FOR YOUR LIFE AND DONT LOOK BACK CAUSE HE WILL HIT U AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emeh has moved on like forever.and the guy is sooo yesterday. infact the last time i saw the guy-and i told Emeh-he was looking shorter,darker and uglier.i mean that guy was anoying and thank God she moved on,if not,you guys wouldnt have known any miss petite naija,coz she would have probably been the mama of his kids...coming fom someone really close very very close to miss petite. hope i have answered your question on her behalf?

      Delete
    2. Emeh love, i dont mean to be all up in ur business but i do hope u think about what i said bout leaving. Abusers many times are charmers. They beat u and know the right buttons to push to warm their way back into ur heart. U are a nice heart and u deserve someone who nice. When i mean nice pls im not talking of someone being nice and hitting u with his fist or with the nearest object. I felt sad with the write up but then again a good writer tells it as it is. Whether its sad or its happy the important thing is we can relate to the story. For me emeh, it stirred up emotions of sadness and anger. Sadness that he could hit such a beautiful and creative person. Anger at the guy for hitting you and anger at u emeh for staying in an abusive relationship. My definition of an abusive relationship is when ur lover hits u again and again and also runs u down with hurtful words. It dont matter if he comes later to beg or shower u with gifts and sex. He will do it again and the next time it could be God forbid someting bad. Pls dont get involve with abusive men emeh. Lots of love.

      Delete
    3. Thanks.Yes u have put rest to my worry

      Delete
    4. Wetin be ur own with chair breaking for her back? Na ur back dem break the chair on top. If u read well, u go see say this thing happen for 2004

      Delete
    5. Why can't people just pay attention! U ddnt read this...this happened ages ago according to the write-up..let's assume say atleast 9years ago counting from the day they got married online..

      U needed only quater of the tym u spent to write your epistle of life to read what she wrote. Instead u jumped into conclusions and still threw jabz at those who enjoyed the article. Take several seats please. Mchew!

      Delete
    6. HeartEme u must be daft and a potential serial killer. It dont matter if it was light years ago. The fact that this is a real life story and in that real life story a lover broke a chair on his partner. Whats their to enjoy bitch!! If u looking for a happy ending go and get laid or go watch sound of music!!

      Delete
    7. @ anon 21;31 and you are??????????? #confused

      Delete
    8. @22:01...u r the daft one here..do u not read books/ watch movies..Titanic was sad but people still enjoyed it...not that I enjoyed the death or I enjoyed that som1 violated her..jeeez how dumb can people be!. If she hadn't moved passd all of this u think she'll com n put it here for you to advice her. Use your head pls...u can't be this foolish.

      Delete
  47. Lmao @ potential serial killer.. i understand the concerns of the guy who says Emeh should walk away from that abusive relationship. Now I know why Emeh likes Rihanna. The share the same past. Bring beaten like bags of rice by men they loved. Just like Rihanna, Emeh also went back before probably having enough.
    That stalker who is giving g out emeh's info in the name of someone very very close,God is watching u in 3d

    ReplyDelete
  48. miss p the genius

    ReplyDelete
  49. like Tonto said."miss p u are so al some" insted of saying awesome

    ReplyDelete
  50. NICE PIECE MISS EMEH..... GREAT JOSITE

    ReplyDelete
  51. Awwww Awww my people... i'm coming back to reply. Sorry system crashed yesterday coz of your lovely comments..lol

    ReplyDelete
  52. Awww. So touching.. WE are today, the decision we took yesterday. At times, we feel our parents hate us cos of their rash decisions, thank God your dad separated you from ED fast. Lol
    http;//sleek-lady.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  53. miss p i dey hail o.i like.

    ReplyDelete
  54. this is one mad piece.miss p you are a natural.no be lie.but the part where you said he broke chairs on your back is definitely a lie.even if you be undertaker of wrestling,your back for don break.

    ReplyDelete
  55. mis .p. is not liein, he did break chairs on her back.but she did not leave him cos he was takin gud care of her n her family members. the wife beater is curently married wit a son now.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Thamk you all for your lovely and hilarious comments. I'm greatly encouraged to do more. As I said earlier, I write strictly personal experiences. I don't know how to conjure things which didn't happen that's why it usually takes a while to come up with a diary because I have to dig deep into my past. When I share like this, it makes me let go of such an experience and I hope it inspires others..
    I see you Pwetty, Flavour, Alice Ojo HeartEme, Kizito, Jim Cardy, Eddie ( lol ) , Shrek ,Huntly,..and all my lovely anonymous commenter's and each and everyone of you who genuinely loves this blog and me.
    At the anon who asked if I'm Fulani, I'm not directly, but my paternal grand mum was a descendant of the Fulani tribe the same thing right)
    I also appreciate anon 21:13 who was concerned about the fact that my ex beat me up. Dear I was you her then and can't let any man lay hands on me like that. Thanks for your concern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emeh got so intrested in u,knwin dat u stayed in jos,am a jos person nd so happy such a talent culd cum out 4rm dere,where did u ve ur primary nd secondary education.

      Delete
  57. Thanks anon 13:56. I'm a certified Jos girl. Primary/sec.. i see you Girl next door, Henrie James, Dreamgurl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this is lovely just as i v met so many chykers on facebook. bt not maried to any one shaaaaaaaaaa. I love this piece..

      Delete
  58. wow good literature Emeh

    ReplyDelete
  59. U had a life and Story in Cameroon why did you not include itttt???

    ReplyDelete
  60. What an incredibly personal post, I wasn't expecting it. Thank you for sharing. ❤

    www.thatstargirl.com

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321