Dear abducted Borno girls, can you hear me? -Chris Ihidero(MUST READ) | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Tuesday 4 March 2014

Dear abducted Borno girls, can you hear me? -Chris Ihidero(MUST READ)

When I think of those innocent 20 school girls reportedly abducted by Boko Haram my heart breaks.And the worst part is imagining what they may be passing through and if they are still alive..This open letter by the Netng's Chris Ihidero will bring you to tears..All we can do is pray..Read below

Dear Girls,
I want to say good morning to you, but I can’t. I need not be told that it cannot be a good morning wherever you are. I doubt very much that you all have had any good thing happen to you in the 19 days since you were abducted.
Tales of abductions in war torn areas of our continent abound. They are heart-wrenching tales. Every fibre of my being fervently prays that this will not be your story.
Why did they take you? What do they want from you? You were children who had gone to school to learn, in hope of a better life in a part of our country that is bedevilled with all sorts of attitudes and realities that stunt a child’s growth. Is that your crime? Are they going to make you pay the ultimate price?


Since you were taken away from your studies, friends and loved ones, Mr. President has addressed the nation at least twice. Nothing was really said about your abduction but 20 seconds of silence was observed for you and the dead but we don’t even know your names…why don’t we know your names?  Why can’t they tell us who you are? Did your school not have a register?

Can you all hear me? Can you please tell us your names? Can we know more about you? Can you be more to us than just a number?  Is this why your abduction is still being treated so lightly — because we can’t put a face to this tragedy?
Are you really missing? Did they really take you or is this all a mirage?
Halima? Memuna? Ladidi? Khadijat? Laila? Asanatu? Can you please tell us your name, please?

Can you hear me?
Please don’t think that we all don’t care. Please don’t think that since you’re not related to me by blood that your tragedy isn’t my reality. Some say we are an abused people. They say that we have had our sensibilities abused for so long that tragedy no longer has any deep effect on us, that it no longer sticks…just like water off a duck’s back. But that’s not true.
I couldn’t worry about you more if your passage into this world had been between my mother’s legs. I wouldn’t wish this ordeal on the worst of my enemies.
I think about you all everyday but I have to stop myself so I do not think about what I fear they are doing to you. I am a coward. I do not wish to accept the likelihood that you will be marked for the rest of your lives by this experience…that your lives will never be the same again.
What were your dreams? What did you plan to become when you were through with your studies? What will happen to your dreams now?
I’m sorry it has taken so long to try to reach you, my sisters. Please don’t be angry. If you ever get this letter, please make a sign…make a fire, send smoke signals, scream, shout and leave broken sticks on the footpaths to wherever they are taking you.
I wish to ask you not to give up, to fight, to hold on, to find the strength to survive this nightmare, but I do not know how to. You shouldn’t need to, you shouldn’t have to; we should be trooping to find you and bring you all safely back home but I hear we are helpless where Boko Haram is concerned; I hear terrorism is all over the world and it is our turn to experience this mayhem.
I am so sorry this is all we can offer you.
When I go to bed tonight I will pray for you. I will ask all my friends reading this letter to do the same. I will pray that your spirits and souls survive whatever it is they are doing to your bodies; that you return to the arms of your loved ones and we can all heal together.
It is faint hope, I know. But right now it is all I cling on to.
I wait to hear from you.
I hope you come home soon.
Your brother,
Chris.

20 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nigeria don spoil since obasanjo was there

      Are you having problem with your Google play store not connecting on Andriod or Having problem with your BBM version 8 on Blackberry or having hanging or freezing problem on your Blackberry smartphone....No Long Story
      Get ALL SOLUTION HERE

      Delete
  2. This country is funked up. 19days and thesse girls are no where to be founds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really..... 20seconds of silence for gurls who might not be dead, am actually beginning to read meaning into wat Wole Soyinka said. Wat is GEJ doing?




    Chichi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine ur only sister, daughter or child is one of those gals.... This really painfull....
    .
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to fell what this girls are going through everyday,but how can I.Rape it is called but for a 10 year old I do not call it rape.This are normal children who have been stolen away from their Innocence to experience the most inhumane treatment.I see different men abusing them from time to time,without any protection,what if the get pregnant?oh I can only try to feel what they are going through.......with tears

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why does God let such things happen? What did those girls do to deserve such? I can imagine the terror and what they are subjected to and probably killed for fun. God please stop turning your eye away from such inhumanity

    ReplyDelete
  7. Father Lord please put the devil to shame

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a national shame that we are held to ransom everytime. It just has to be called by a diff name. Now it's Boko Haram. Vanguard even captioned it B Haram in yesterday's newspaper. It's becoming something out of an Arabian night.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God have mercy on us and deliver this children were ever they are. O God you are able and abundantly able.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now am crying. God please watch over your children. Amen

    Vivicool

    ReplyDelete
  11. When will this country improve, nothing at all is being done to get those girls back.......so sad, very sad.

    Frankaakano.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I pray thy almighty God who sees nd knows everything, come to the rescue of these girls.i sincerely hp nd pray they are still alive.GOD DEY.

    ReplyDelete
  13. May God console u My sisters wherever u are.KeKish

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Lord! We all put out hope and trust in u. pls lord see them through.

    ReplyDelete
  15. May the infinite mercies of the lord Jesus be upon those girls IJN amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Imagine if you were one of these girls, wouldnt you wish for the whole earth to be turned upside down so that you could be found?# somebody knows something, pls save these girls.....

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321