"I was doing Good Music but Frustration led me to do 'Akpako' Music -Terry G | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Wednesday 5 November 2014

"I was doing Good Music but Frustration led me to do 'Akpako' Music -Terry G

Terry G's success story is one that leaves many in awe. As some say, he makes music out of 'nonsense'. In an interview with Leadershipng, the talented instrumentalist and producer admits,he was forced to sing akpako music due to frustration...
On his success story
My brother if I tell you say I know how, na lie I dey lie (laughs). I have been studying the industry and I have learnt to give the people what they want. I started with Rhythm and Blues and went to shoot my video in South Africa. The buzz I got from the song was not satisfactory, so I became frustrated and maybe that frustration led me to do the street music I’m doing now- the Apako song.
On most Nigerian Song having lewd lyrics

You see, today’s music is evil. We call it commercial music. This is the music that brings the millions. People are still doing good music here but there is no buzz. It is the commercial music which some people term ‘bad’ music that is getting us the millions. It is all about the business of music and the glam that accompanies it. I said before that I was doing good music before, but the buzz was not there. So, I researched what the need is and experimented with songs like Make I Nack You Apako and others. It is not easy doing music; recording a song is a piece of creativity and you just do it from your heart and await the feedback from listeners.

25 comments:

  1. So if they want crap you give them crap all because of money! You do well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, since music did not augur well with you, face your pure water business at least to maintain your daily wants. It's not an easy road my brother !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    On pont man. He just said the truth and nothing but the truth.....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wen hunger nak u akopako, u go discover ur talent

      Delete
  4. No more inspiration in their so called music

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terry G....ok oh Keep going higher. After all this days naija don't even care to listen to the words of the song,what most listener are after is the sound track and how they can dance to d song...if not most musicians songs ehnnnnnn nah wah..its ur girl gentlesandy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My guy actually admitted akpako was crap and all his other crappy noises her called songs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lmao funny guy. He looks like devil grandson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahahahaha! His face like Medusa.. IT İŞ WELL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @SVC hmmmmmm u funny oh,,Terry G dey feel like MR world see d hair style..mouth sealed..its ur girl gentlesandy.

      Delete
    2. SVC, Congratulations on the arrival of your wife. If you like no collect her pin. Dey dia dey do anya ura. No make pant wear you oo.. Hehehe. It's ur guy gentle sandy.!!!

      Delete
    3. @Steveosky, Can't stop laughıng "It's ur guy gentle Sandy" Lmao... IT İŞ WELL

      Delete
  9. @Stevosky the newest daddy in MPN family...sheh nah u be the REV Father wey wan joinSVC and me together abi?..@SVC and EMEH were the only ones that welcme me in dis blog..hahahahahahaha nah wah oh

    ReplyDelete
  10. @steveosky newest daddy in. MPN family...sheh nah u be REv father wey wan join us together? Abi .@SVC and EMEH were the only ones that welcme me in dis blog..hahahahahahaha nah wah oh..its ur girl (gentlesandy).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Pele dear. Accept my appology,this plainly shows I'm doing a poor job of being emeh's PA.*deep sigh* On this note I say an enormous welcome to you gentlesandy,this is a land where humor flows like milk and honey,grab a cup let's make a toast hehe. Welcome dear!

      Delete
    2. Emeh's PA...yeah tnx for the kind gesture,were is the milk and honey?.its ur girl (gentleSANDY).

      Delete
  11. He's just been sincere. I call it brave!

    ReplyDelete
  12. He's just been sincere. I call it brave!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They will say they go into music because of their passion for it,not money.Why dont they sing music that affect the society rather than commercials?Another thing is that they will become so arrogant after their musical career don blow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He said the truth. Nigerians don't appreciate good music

    ReplyDelete
  15. Is dat Raskimono talking cuz all I hear him say all the time is Braaaaaa...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes, music is not all bout lyrices., beats counts too..

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321