Blogger's Diary-My first brush with death | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Sunday 9 March 2014

Blogger's Diary-My first brush with death

This is real..This happened and I want to share it with you all...The pictures below...are real too

I hadn't felt such pain before. No, this wasn't pain. This feeling was indescribable. Yes I had heard about it before. I had read about it and even watched it on TV. Didn't I laugh on several occasions? The sound of screeching tyres, the way the cinematographer moved his camera and down to give an unsuccessful illusion of a car which had lost control. While these scenes managed to elicit bouts of uncontrollable laughter from me, there was nothing comic about this moment. I was in involved in accident and I was dying.

Thirty minutes earlier, I was an excited girl heading for a night out with friends. The fact that it was 10pm and we lived on the mainland while our destination was on the island did nothing to hasten us. We had a car and I took the wheel with my pals Queen and Christy
"Mehn we are going to be the hottest chicks at that party " a very vibrant and plump Queen broke our 5 minutes silence.
"Of course we are and classy too" Christy who sat behind fiddling with her makeup purse chipped in"

. I was quiet. The fact was, I was very happy to have had this opportunity to step out of the house, take my mind away from my shocking break-up with a man I called my boyfriend. Some how, his ex decided it was time to get back in the picture and I didn't have the patience to slug it out with her. My father raised me better than that. That didn't take away the fact that I was heartbroken and any opportunity to get my mind off it was welcome.
"It going to be alright " Christy who was now done with her make-up said while placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder" I smiled. She had always been there for me. My thoughts were intercepted by the sight of a flashlight
. "Police ahead, Police I yelled " So what? Queen retorted obviously appalled by my unnecessary panic .
"I'm not putting on a seat belt " Kindly help me fit it in.Hurry" I said with a sense of desperation .."and wear yours too" I added.
She did this rather swiftly and to our relief, they didn't flag us down and we found ourselves on the express , riding on third mainland bridge.

'"This is a perfect time for you to drive on this bridge .It's 10:45 PM and the road is free.Want to try it out" I told Christy who had a phobia for driving on bridges. "Naaah I'll pass up on that offer " She said with a wave of dismissal " "Play some music jare " Queen  intercepted and I slotted in a Rihanna cd and we bumped to it.

We were half way into the third mainland bridge when we saw it. A car was in our way and just as I pondered if it was in motion or parked, a man came down from the driver side and then it hit me .
"Omg this car isn't moving .I"m going to run into it " I screamed " What" my friends shouted in unison and at that split second I realized I had no option being on 90kilometres per hour, I just had to swerve and I did.......And that was the last sane moment I recall.
I was no longer in control of the car, we were spinning and I realised we were going over bridge into the Lagoon . I saw the large expanse of water and it hit me
 "I can't swim " I was going to die beneath the sea and no one would ever find out. We were in the air and I saw it. I think my friends saw it too. We were heading over the bridge, going down. I closed my eyes and tried to think, but I was blank. I was floating. Didn't they say people screamed during accidents like this? Didn't they say people shout and watch their lives flash before them? Why we're my friends quiet? Why was there no chaos? I couldn't even pray...So those accident scenes in Nollywood movies were a far cry from reality?
 How long would it take for us to plunge into the sea. It was taking forever. Then I heard it " Swoooooooooosssssh.. we had landed. The impact was deadly. I felt the air bag explode and hit my chest. I felt blood trickle down my chin. And I waited, resigned to fate. I waited for the water to suck us in.There was no point fighting. But just one last try won't hurt. I attempted to open the doors but we were jammed....
At least that part in the movies are true. The doors get jammed during an accident. We're we still floating? It was taking forever for us to sink..Then I thought I saw it. Lights. Oh there is really another world under water. Then I heard a loud sound. What could that be? Looks like my door was being forced open. I heard the bangs, the clangs, and the sound of glass shatter.Someone was pulling me out.
 This must be the angels. Death isn't that painful.This must be heaven because I feel no pain.But wait!! Did I even pray?God I didn't even pray...
Open your eyes, can you hear me. "Ki na ji na"? ( do you hear me) Wait ! Hausa in heaven too. Great. I forced myself to open my eyes.And I heard " Thank God. She's awake . Lie still.
 I saw many faces hovering over me. I faintly scanned my surroundings and I saw my friends, lying down.. They were moving but there was blood everywhere.
I heard a voice say" 
I saw them going over the water. Its a miracle my brother "" Another said " I can't explain what I saw. This car was going over the bridge but the rear tyre got hooked and flung them back into the road. "
 I smiled faintly. "Can you hear me?" A kind face hovering over me asked .. "You have been involved in an accident , do you have someone we can call"
Yes I do. He's my father..He died a year ago and is in heaven. Take my" phone and call him"He smiled and walked away" Ok I think she maybe in shock, or trauma,she isn't making any sense "...the man with the kind face said to another...
I smiled silently..Ofcourse I wasn't making any sense...I just had my first brush with death and it wasn't as scary as people make it seem
Emeh Achanga 

76 comments:

  1. hmmmm ... but thank God you are safe ooo.... and the blogger's diary is finally here ! ! !

    >>> http://kingebuka.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! thank god for your life! Bloggers Dairy is back! YAY!!!!

      BTWEEN ALEX EKUBO & UTI NWACHUKWU

      Delete
    2. Thnk God, God ll continue to grant us all journey mercy n keep us till grey days. U re blessed emeh and you will live long

      Delete
    3. Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I concur

      Delete
    4. Thank God for ur life emeh..untimely death is nt our portion in Jesus name. ~ pearl

      Delete
    5. Emeh u need to go 4 a special thanksgiving.. U re blessed indeed! Congrat..

      Delete
    6. Emeh,jst thank ur God u re save

      Delete
  2. thank God you did not perish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emeh "my baby" lol! my fav stuff abt your blog is back ... You said You did not pray, One ? if you had died would it be heaven or hell??
      http://flayvour360.com

      Delete
    2. Thanks God for spearing your life.

      Prince Zebudiah

      Delete
  3. Awww, bless you, Emeh - Another amazing write up. Lol @ wait! Hausa in heaven too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nice write up.Emeh www.molokwupeter.blogspot.com

      Delete
  4. Emeh why does the car look so old?That's why you must drive brand new like me.Thank God for your life.Will pop a champagne with my boo on your behalf

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tryin too hard 2 b pwetty. B urself! Copydog

      Delete
  5. fashion police9 March 2014 at 19:51

    Welcome bck 4rm d strike Emeh,Allah ya sauke!! Wato kina jin hausa?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww. So touching. Btw it is "Ki na ji na?"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Naija Next Top Comedian9 March 2014 at 19:53

    Miss p brushed her teeth with death brush..why na? Abeg next time use toothbrush not death brush.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is this supposed to be the driest joke i;ve heard si far or what?

      Delete
    2. My thoughts exactly

      Delete
    3. Naija Next Top Comedin10 March 2014 at 00:22

      Who the duck are you anonymous anons trying to kill my vibe? Run before I finish my Goodluck Jonathan reserved jokes on you sorry ducklings!

      Delete
    4. Oh God! Really?

      Delete
  8. thank God you are safe
    www.trendyrammy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My heart was just skipping as I was reading.. Chaii. Thank God for your life. Alhamdullahi

      Delete
    2. Mumu,why was your heart skipping. Na ghost write the story?

      Delete
    3. So if ur heart skip while watching horror movie means that all the actors are dead in real life? My fear if your mind dont skip reading this means u are not reading it carefully or u are leaving under the bridge. .

      Delete
    4. Lmfao at comments

      Delete
  9. Wow! Just wow! Thank God for his mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Lord! When was this? Anyway thank God you're safe. Haaaaaaaa that's a sigh of relief. Careful next time, don't ever exceed 60kilometers per hour when it's dark, cos the greatest problem with night driving is visibility. Worse still on a bridge, Emeh dear u should thank God in a special way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. driving 60km at night is boring and dangerous, you don't if robbers are on the road. one just have to be very careful and pay full attention when driving at night

      Delete
  11. Holy Lord! When was this? Anyway thank God you're safe. Haaaaaaaa that's a sigh of relief. Careful next time, don't ever exceed 60kilometers per hour when it's dark, cos the greatest problem with night driving is visibility. Worse still on a bridge, Emeh dear u should thank God in a special way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really,Emeh this is like a movie,my dear thank God for spearing your life and happy you are alive.wheen did this happen hope you are getting over the shock.ndo Oº°˚ ˚°

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank God for keeping my Emeh safe from. Harm. I would recommend you read psalm 23 everything you wake up.nice write up too

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow wow wow. So you dey go club too abi?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Endtimes bridge

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow wow wow. So you dey go club too abi?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Meeeehn!!! Dunno wat to say sef! But some parts made me laugh tho o..lolzzz iris well mbok

    ReplyDelete
  18. Witchcraft accident ,clubbing and dairy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank God for your life Emeh, how recent was this?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is your Ex OTUNBA FEMI BENSoN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No,Her X is Gudluck Jonathan

      Delete
    2. No. Her ex is idi Amin. Queshion

      Delete
  21. You really don't know how to write!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I had to stop eating my p yam n egusi soup just to read dis story any way tank God for ur life miss p plsss continue to pray n read ur bible n don't forget to go for church thanksgiving cos its not easy am so happy for u dear

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank God for your life Emeh, I am sure your Dad fought for your case in heaven, He said no my baby Emeh should not come to her creators side now, she still has many great things to do. It is well my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Is it your ex Tu Baba?

    ReplyDelete
  25. BLOG ANALYSER: thank God that u were all safe. He is a faithful God.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You are still very much hung over on your father's death, the man was only trying to help, he didn't need sarcasm, you could have giving any of your sister's number to be called

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FOOL.do u understand English at all.she was in shock ode! She was traumatized, how can she be sarcastic when she nearly escaped death by a hair's brush.na wa ooo.! Dumb asses everywhere.

      Delete
    2. Given not 'giving'.una English sef.haba!

      Delete
    3. U are a big MORON, stupid mofo.

      Delete
  27. Is your Ex boyfriend Tony Tetuilla the failed musician?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. U must be a phoooooooooool.

      Delete
    2. And you must be Tony Tetuilla I suppose or his BFF failed Idris Abdulkarem

      Delete
    3. And u must be Konga.the buried d and fogotten musician

      Delete
    4. Lol how about Daddy Showky

      Delete
  28. Emeh thank God for your life. Pls we hv 1 life make sure u serve God wit it, cos he loves u n saved u n will continue to protect u, but u hv to give d devil no place in ur life . Am so happy u survived ! God be praise .xtal

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow this sent chills down my spin.God loves you coz the story and the pictures are really graphic

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank God ma miss Ps fine now

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lol who are the goats asking who he ex is.I know who he is,it's Dangote smh

    ReplyDelete
  32. Yes, I was d Hausa man dat asked Emeh *ki na ji na (are u hearing me). Cuz I was scared of loosing such a queen. Tank God she made it. *vizzy*

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yes, I was d Hausa man dat asked Emeh *ki na ji na (are u hearing me). Cuz I was scared of loosing such a queen. Tank God she made it. *vizzy*

    ReplyDelete
  34. Emeh I'm really happy for you. You're my mom's birthday mate and I see you as one of her kids and her covenant with God is non of her kids would die young so I key into this covenant for you, Emeh Achanga Shall not die young but live to declare the wonderful works of our Lord Jesus Christ. But pls always drive carefully most expecially at night. God be with you and you loved ones. And lest I forget, I love your style of writing dis diary. GENIUS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So happy u came out alive, u've got a lot more to do with your life...May God be praised forever

    Frankaakano.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  36. Great write up . amazing , amazing

    ReplyDelete
  37. The part where you said Nollywood movies. Made me laugh.Dont tell me you are one of those who believes the D in the Drama Nollywood acts

    ReplyDelete
  38. Miss p's ex boyfriend is Akpororo.I have a picture of them together

    ReplyDelete
  39. Nice piece Emeh, jst cnt get enough of ur diaries

    ReplyDelete
  40. Her ex boyfriend is Fashola

    ReplyDelete
  41. Thank God oooooooooooooooooooooo. May his name be praised.

    ReplyDelete
  42. nice one Emeh and thank God for life

    ReplyDelete
  43. Yayyyyyyyy Bloggers Dairy is back! What did I miss out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ma insult fowl

      Delete
    2. Hey I wasn't talking to you so stay in your lane.i don't do Anons like you.I talk to the real people who see my photo and know me.The only reason I am joining the anonymous train for now is because my browser has an problem uploading my registered name to this site.So rush rush X go play with your fellow loosers in the Anonymous club.

      Delete
  44. Wow! Dt wuz rily scary. Tnk G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ 4 u̶̲̥̅̊​я life emeh. Blogger's diary is bak at last. Dis ‎​was ƜЂa†̥ attracted ♍ƺ to u̶̲̥̅̊​я blog. U̶̲̥̅̊ write S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ well. Tnk G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ U̶̲̥̅̊ r alive. U̶̲̥̅̊ shall nt die bt live. BLESYN

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a Miracle. Thank God You Survived. You will never know the feeling until you are involved!
    The Scary Results of Nightlife

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321