Paris set to remove nearly a million 'Love Locks" left by romantic couples | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Saturday 30 May 2015

Paris set to remove nearly a million 'Love Locks" left by romantic couples

Lovers who have visited Paris and had their love locked and thrown away the keys into the river, need to be worried as their padlocks are set to be removed from the Pont de Arts bridge over the River Seine.

Thousands of loved-up visitors have attached padlocks, symbolising their love,to the Pont de Arts bridge .But authorities now say the locks are weighing down the bridge..According to UK Mirror 
It comes after part of the famous bridge broke off last year, seemingly because of the weight of the padlocks.
Initially Paris authorities had floated the idea of a blanket ban on 'love locks' - with fines handed out to those caught flouting the rule.
But speaking this week the city's deputy Mayor has now ruled out the idea as heavy-handed.
Instead he urged for amorous visitors to show their affection by tying ribbons to the railings as an alternative.
But now metal grilles on the side of the Pont des Arts will be replaced by painting and then eventually clear panels to prevent people attaching
locks.
 Bruno Julliard, Paris' deputy mayor, told the BBC:
 "We want Paris to remain the capital of love and romance."Locals have also complained about the 'eyesore' locks and the behaviour of illegal vendors touting fasteners of all descriptions, amid concerns that the craze could cause irreparable damage to the city's iconic bridges.

Polo boss,Jennigwr Obayuwana and fiancee,Peter Salah locked their love there 

Kris Jenner and Kim also locked theirs 

31 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Even kourtney n The Lord get lock. See Agadagodo it's too big joh

      Delete
  2. Ha! Pls o Ebuka just locked one a few days ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MR EDDY said this heat wan kill person o.

    Remove all the padlock jare. Afteral me and my yeye fiancée have parted ways long before now so the padlock is useless to me..
    ^
    ^
    ^™THAT EDO BOY.COM~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pple dey go Paris go lock padlock....you go Urhomi for Edo state....you still get mind dey talk abt parting ways....nansense

      Delete
    2. @Obinna U and @Eddy should free me this cool afternoon.I don't want to spill my Cappucino on my Versace gown

      No shaking

      Delete
    3. Hehehehe. If u just hear the sound of my power bike at ur door step just begin run for ur dear legs because am coming to break em.

      Delete
  4. Emeh didn't see my name issorrit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Abeg una wit God be fast, abi make I gather my crew ni? Cos una dey waste tym

    ReplyDelete
  6. Padlocks for what in the first place? Love lock? Or destiny lock? Sori case.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They ar locking their love,so dt he or she won't leave dem.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have abt 11 padlocks there..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There....where??...this is Paris not Zulu

      Delete
    2. 11padlocks?, 11men? 11 consecutive times to paris? Haba aunty u r 11 much joor, we'll if u dey go again hep me buy soccer boot come

      Delete
  9. I spot mine with Hakeem at the top right *big grin*

    ReplyDelete
  10. My own love lock dey river Niger...Akin and pawpaw, u better go check ur own, cos last time u visited paris u trew urs too....lobatan o

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes I am back! Make una no vex I go burial go chop rice... Since I like burial rice if you invite me for your granny burial I will surely turn up... IT IS WELL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's ur Ashawo girlfriends grannies burial U will attend.Rice ko,burial ni

      No shaking

      Delete
  12. So wat now happens if the relationship doesn't work out hmm!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pls I'm on my way to Paris.Lemme go and padlock my love before they trash all these padlocks.I suggest they move the padlocks to another location

    No shaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls help me check mine, u ll' see it in Capital letters...DENCIA & BIODUN...bt if nt my name pls burn it. Hear frm u soon

      Delete
    2. Someone needs to give u a Hot Slap to wake U up from that bad dream

      No shaking

      Delete
  14. Lol.....Oyinbo no get sense...why would they lock love as if it tangible-PST. Chekeleke

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321