Catholic Bishop resigns after affair with married parishioner (Photos) | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Monday 6 October 2014

Catholic Bishop resigns after affair with married parishioner (Photos)

A Romantic Catholic bishop resigned after a love affair with a married parishioner(both above).

63 year old Kieran Conry, the Bishop of Arundel and Brighton, resigned last week after the estranged husband of one of the women with whom he was said to have had a relationship threatened to sue the church.

The man had hired a private detective to follow his wife.
The disgraced priest told Sunday Times

I've never regretted being a priest. I've never felt unhappy, I've enjoyed it and tried to do whatever was asked of me.'I've always gone where I've been sent and I hope to do the same again.'When a priest makes a promise of celibacy, he promises to remain unmarried, that's all. Then the ordinary rules of morality apply.

'But I'd like to make it clear I'm not calling for a change. I did wrong. Celibacy may be a tradition rather than an article of faith but the vast majority of priests are faithful to their promise, faithful to what the church expects of them. And I have great respect and admiration for that.'
A second love affair six years ago also came to light and yesterday there were claims of a third woman in his life.  Mr Hodgkinson realised his wife was being unfaithful when she failed to turn up for choir practice at their local church.
The City executive said: 'I thought it was odd when she didn’t arrive at choir practice because normally she would never miss one. I went to her house to drop some music through her letterbox but she wasn’t at home.

‘By then it was about 10pm and I thought it was really weird. I decided it was time to test my suspicion that she was having an affair.
‘I went up to the bishop’s residence and her car was there. I checked and it was there all night. I was devastated.
‘I thought the bishop was someone who was honest and liberal. He is a man who has trained marriage counsellors – and is someone I had seriously thought of turning to for advice in relation to my own marriage.
‘Now, because he was such a powerful public figure, I could not go to anyone in the Church. I wanted to protect my family, I wanted to protect the children but I did not know what to do.’

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Shut up!these things have alwz happened.since time immemorial

      Delete
  2. Alright we have seen it all...no more weird stuffs pls... #Blue_Rain#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reminds me of my second schl catholic priest principal, well knwn by his mistresses as mr chinedu.. Conji tins

      Delete
    2. Yes .. I remember that priest in Uromi years ago... Haha

      Delete
    3. @Gary T it seems we both went 2 d same second schl @ uromi (lumen Christi Second Schl). 9ce hearin 4rm u

      Delete
  3. Spırıtual Konjı na bastard! Well no öne is perfect Except God.. IT İŞ WELL

    ReplyDelete
  4. odiegwu o no one is indeed perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good. This is why I like churches not owned by individuals. You can be fired anytime. Ng

    ReplyDelete
  6. At 63, that means hour has been doing this since 20

    ReplyDelete
  7. ife nsori. hahaha spirirtual conji and temptation at its peak. chaiiii end time things

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like people aint insulting him cos he isn't a pastor abi?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sori? @honesty, seems u dnt knw hw 2 express urself clearly 2 d public.. Isssorite, bloggin hs no certificate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emeka onitsha main market olodo.dont u have a shop to concentrate on? Leave blogs for educated ones.

      Delete
  10. It happens, at least he accepted wrong doing, unlike his counterparts who will denial it even if caught red handed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmmmm.. No comment. !! The race to heaven is surely a hard one..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Personally i think Celibacy should be a choice and not imposed on catholic priest.Its obvious that many of them really want to be priests but Celibacy is more of a burden than a requirement.Many of them want to get married and have children. If they were allowed to marry, it won't be news when they sleep with women because a lot of them will have wives. As much as he did wrong having an affair with a married woman, i dont blame him..Man no be wood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. hisssss this is not new,it has been happening for loooooong! Even as i'm talking to u now all these stupid hypocrites bishops are seriously spanking someone's else wife's in their bum bum with the women thinking it's holy touch and laughing sheepishly like a girl being toasted at the first time.this is even small most of all these hypocrite bishops always sleeps and have unending sex with nuns in the convent! SEE this confessional testimonies on YOUTUBE watch "THE EVILS OF THE CATHOLIC CHURCH"
    (9ijaborn yankeebased)

    ReplyDelete
  14. tank god he is off d priesthood. being a priest isn't by force but a calling. its nt easy being one.ask d pastors who av wife's at home but still misbehave. those of us that av fiance due to be married in no distant tym still do misbehave. its just d human nature .tank God dt it s nt a private church if nt d devil would av rejoicing dt he has brought down not only d pastor BT av scattered d members. it s well.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321