Blogger's Diary(Part'.2)-My First Man and the experience which changed my world | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Sunday 5 October 2014

Blogger's Diary(Part'.2)-My First Man and the experience which changed my world

Thanks for all your amazing comments on the first part on this story.(HERE)Yes it's real and not a fiction of my imagination.This is a real man who sill lives in Jos..Yes, I've been through a lot in my short life and i'm grateful to God for his amazing grace ..And for the not believing in marriage part..I see people in love ,I see marriages I admire but my own experiences have shaped my beliefs.I'm not out to discourage anyone..Love you all..I just wrote this part now ,so pardon any errors..will correct after service

Emehh..Emeh..I felt the pang of pain.My head was throbbing as I gathered the last strength left in me to open my eye. I could feel the swelling on my left eye.Voices...I heard a woman's voice. A wisp of fresh air caressed and soothed my aching face

As I struggled to open my eye, I could see E, clasping me tightly with a woman crouched over me, fanning me.
Oh God..she is awake. My smallie is awake. E said with so much excitement and love. 
Taking in my surroundings, I noticed we were in a compound made of mud,a wrapper was draped over me.Water trickled down my face

"The gentle-faced woman smiled and told me in Hausa.
Ki na da Lafia.Ya Che wei okada ya buga ki,ama na San wei kariya ne.Haka me miji su na yi.Ya na son ki.Kin Ji.
(You are fine. He said you were hit by a bike when he ran here for water but I know he did this to you.That's how men are but he loves you. You hear)
I burst into tears.I was in so much pain that tears made it worse. Then he started crying too ,telling me he was sorry. He said I had been acting really strange. That the other day, someone called my phone and when he picked,the  guy dropped. He said his mind told him I want to let him and he doesn't know what came over him.I was so scared of him and told him I had go get home. He clasped me tightly begging me not to go. He said he had to take me to his doctor and reminded me my dad would be inquisitive when he sees my face. He also said he has to get me new clothes. 

So,I let him.After exchanging pleasantries with the kind woman, he gave her some money for which she wouldn't stop appreciating till we drove off. He went into a boutique,emerging a minute later with a dress, told me to put it on(the glasses were tinted).he opened the car door and told me to come down so we shop together. I told him I couldn't because of my face. 
"YOU are beautiful to me. That's what matters ". He held my hand and we entered the boutique. The look of shock on the face of the  attendants couldn't be ignored.
"Why are you staring at my wife like that" He snapped at the girl who quickly turned away .
I couldn't explain my feelings.I felt oblivious to all the happenings around me. He didn't even ask what I wanted. He made the selections and paid and we left for a quiet restaurant. He bought my favorite meal and drink but I was too weak to eat so he gave me an energy drink.

Then, we proceeded to see his doctor and he told him the truth. His doctor was appalled. Warned him seriously and gave me an injection,drugs and ointment. Told him to take me home to sleep for at least 5 hours. 

I tried to sleep but was so scared he would kill me in my sleep as he just sat over me, watching .I eventually gave in and by the time I woke up, it was 8pm. I remembered I hadn't called my friend and my dad could have called her. So I panicked.He told me that had been taken care of. He had taken my phone to call her to cover for me. With the promise of some goodies, she gladly obliged. I got home with him and he turned to me and said 
"Let's take an oath. That we would never leave each other.That I would never ever lay my hands on you 
I cringed. I'd heard about blood oaths and the dangers. There was no way I would do that. Though I loved him.

Yes I loved this man. I didn't see myself with anyone else.Who else would love me like him? We went to church together, we laughed together. We were best friends, he was my teacher. I was totally dependent on him.He was my only friend.I didn't have any one else. He never cheated on me. Ever. So why shouldn't I forgive him for getting jealous He must love me so much,that's why he beat me. 

I smiled at him.
I've forgiven you. Please don't do it again. He made to hug me but I flinched. I thought he wanted to hit me. Then I realized he didn't. 
I went home and thankfully my dad wasn't back. So I feigned malaria for two days to rest. All these while, E came home under the guise of visiting my dad. He would bring me flowers and greeting cards(oh the good old days lol)By this time, he could come with or without him. Just my junior sister knew what was going on. And my secret was safe with her as long as I didn't make her angry. 

We grew stronger but his obsession and controlling nature didn't stop.It was 3 months later when it happened .In his boutique .He accused me of smiling too much with a certain young customer .When the guy left, he called me cheap ..said all I do is open my teeth with men.I snapped back and he broke the wooden hanger on my back.And this time, I fought back real hard.Breaking glasses,throwing shoes.The whole boutique was in a mess.And when we were tired and left with bruises,we settled ,went out, shopped and laughed.

I had accepted the beatings as part of love .He beat me because he loved me .He had never laid hands on any woman before ,but me.I WAS SPECIAL.

I had finished my diploma studies and was waiting for direct entry. It was 2004. He had traveled then and his brother wasn't making things easy for me.He left me in control of his businesses, He gave me access to his accounts.I was more of a wife.His FAMILY weren't happy.
One faithful day, his senior sister, a no nonsense woman came to the office.
" So you are the small rat , making my brother forget his family?Let me warn you.Leave him alone.He will never ever marry you manipulating twat.She seized the keys from me.
I decided to go to his house to rest when his brother said "E is not around, can't you rest at your own house"
 I was broken and left in annoyance .So I felt empty and would pass pass by a cyber cafe,which was the latest craze in town. There I met a young guy called Ed. Ed struck an immediate friendship with first day. Before I knew it, I found myself at the cafe everyday. I was enthralled by the Internet world. Wow! So there is something else to learn other than cars, clothes, ice cream? I was obsessed with the Internet and Ed fuelled my obsession by giving me unlimited browsing time. Then my dad started to notice something wasn't right. I noticed him getting cold towards E,i was acting cold towards E too.

Then I got admission to study public administration. I was overjoyed. My dad was disappointed but he had no choice. 

So one day, my dad called me 
Emeh, I saw you married to a man who stopped your education, made you have kids and turned you into a shop owner. I won't let you make that mistake. I won't let you marry at a young age. You have to see life. You have to be enlightened. You are not meant for a riff-raff.
 Dad, I don't understand why you are saying all this? I countered
Oh you think I'm  a fool? My beloved daughter. I'm your father. You think I haven't known what is going on between you and E? Are you not my blood, I sleep and see it all. But I didn't want to interfere because I know what happens when a young girl falls in love for the first time. You could get irrational, commit suicide or do something drastic if I tried to stop you.(he was right.I ran away from home and slept by a stream for 3 days when he warned me not to talk to my first agape love) But you are grown now. It's time I let you know you can not marry E"
I cried and cried. I couldn't see life without him. But a month without him took it's toll on the relationship.Even though he threatened hell when he heard what his family did to me, it wasn't the same.When E returned, I was different. I had changed. I was in love with someone else.I was inlove with Ed.

So,E tried so hard to find out why. He felt it was the school. So for the first time, he came home with things and my dad humbly rejected them. He would come to greet my dad and my dad would tell us to say he was asleep. 
So I told E we had to split and he cried and I cried..But I was now grown.I wanted to end up with a doctor,maybe a minister or president like my dad said I should.I wasn't going to be staying in a boutique, learning to be a business woman, or watching him sell cars. I wanted someone I could discuss about school.E was not that man.

While a heartbroken E tried to make me stay, he believed it was because of his family and their rift intensified.

My Outings intensified and my dad felt I was still seeing E. He didn't know there was someone else and he devised a plan.

It was a month after i started 200 level in 2004 when my dad broke the news to me.
"Emeh, you are going to Cameroon to study Law.Public Administration is not for you"

I was flabbergasted and burst into tears.
Dad..I'm not going .I can't stay there.I love Nigeria.I love Jos.
You have to .He said raising his voice.Or you cease to be my daughter.
I told him there was no guarantee I would be admitted there.He then produced my admission letter .You are already admitted.Pack your bags,matriculation is in 2 days so you leave tomorrow.

I was heartbroken and filled with hate.How could he separate me from my new boyfriend ED.

So I ran to tell ED.Ed didn't sound too disappointed .While I was exiting Ed's cafe. E came.

So this is the guy?What are you doing with my wife?E growled .
Ed didn't say a word, just gave a smirk ..I told E there and then it was over.E burst into tears and told me to tell Ed he was my husband.He reminded me of the fact that ED would never love me like he does .ED told me to make a choice.

Looking back at all we went through...I couldn't hurt E further .He didn't know I was leaving either .So I choose to go with E ,while Ed just gave a whatever hand sign,storming back to the cafe.

E left with me .He begged me to stay with him,he promised to work through his family issue.I agreed,telling him we would see the next day.Knowing his temper, I was scared of telling him I was leaving for Cameroon.

The next day , I left.Angry at my dad, angry at the world.Ed came o see me off and I told my dad he was a school friend.My dad didn't care, as long as I was going to study law.

On getting to Cameroon, I was always corresponding with ED,It didn't take 2 weeks of my being there to notice he was distant and cold.

So, a heartbroken E found my number, called me and we rekindled our relationship.In a week, he sent me money to come over to Nigeria.
That was how it continued.I would visit over the weekend several twice a month and we kept going at it.
I was preparing for a test .I was actually late to the lecture hall.E called me to ask when I would be coming.I told him the next week.He told me he was on his way out of the country for some business and i wished him a safe trip, telling him I had a test.

I got into the class for my Family Law test.It was my favorite course.I had just settled down and commenced when my phone rang.The call was so persistent .I begged the lecturer to let me pick it up.I just had a funny feeling
 Then i heard it
Emeh where are you?Rush down here .Your room is over flowing with water and its spilling into the other rooms in the building..I was confused.It was a normal occurrence for students to leave their taps on when there isn't water only for their room to be flooded when they get back..But I shut my tap.I pondered.

Please I'm in the middle of a test now.I can't come .

Emeh, your room is upstairs,the water is spilling down stairs.Will you pay for the damages?

I hung up and rushed to my lecturer,begging him .He said that wasn't allowed because I had seen the questions.My phone kept ringing.Giving me an impossible 10 minutes to return,i dashed out of the campus...

On getting to my apartment building, I ran in and everywhere was as dry as the desert
 No, this can't be happening.Who is playing a prank on me.?

I opend my door and no sign of water..So i called the number and the person didn't pick up..I was on teh verge of tears.Shutting the door, I made to leave my apartment bulding when I came face to face with E.

SURPRISEEEEE Your husband is here..

I was speechless.I was void of feelings.
Won't you give me a hug?He said .
I gave him a cold hug and said
E,i had a test.I was in the middle of a test.You didn't have to play this prank

What test?Is a test more important than your husband?Is school more important.This one you are studying would mean nothing.You are going to be a business woman .My wife.I have come to show everyone you are married.Lets go to your room let me see if you have any boy's pictures..
I was numb as I led him up the stairs,opened the door and he went straight to searching for clues ..
I watched him as tears welled up in my eyes.He was my lover,my friend,my confidant .I could never imagine life without this man who was my 2nd dad..But he had come between the only thing which mattered to my first love.The only thing which mattered to my Dad.That was education....

The tears streamed down my face and I wept because I was finally shutting E out of my life for good.

He turned around and said
Why are you crying Smallie.Come here,don't cry.I know you are surprised and overwhelmed with joy that I left my businesses,that I came to see you. That is because I love you.You will forever be mine "
But he was wrong,that smallie was dead.She had moved on.I wiped my tears and he saw it ...No words needed...No need to fight it...

The next morning,E walked away and he never looked back....I didn't see him till my father's burial in 2011..

Once in a while, he creeps into my thoughts.And I imagine what life would be like with him.His love came at a price ..a price of physical pain,social alienation..and nor matter how hard I try to forget ,my time with him is reflected in my love for solitude,my inability to open up to or keep friends....
And each time a man lifts a hand towards me,I flinch,I duck,I defend.I think he's going to HIT me..That was the kind of love I was used to...

90 comments:

  1. So interesting and pathetic! Emeh,ur writings are also alwayz on point. I pray God gives u d bone of ur bones! Happy Sunday. PORTABLE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Deepsigh* words failed. Na only once I chop slap b4 and I borrowed people's leg to join mine. I rannnnn!!!!!!!!!!!! Ure a very good writer.

      Delete
    2. This story get as it be. There's not enough space here for all the questions I have. Bottom line is, Emeh, am not drinking this your gatorade.

      Delete
    3. Emeh u were heartbroken that the guy u couldn't imagine life without left u. It's obvious u still have strong feelings for him, and the thought of being with anybody but him burdens u.
      Reach out to him and have a closure. He might still be in love with u. You never know.

      Delete
    4. Emeh u were heartbroken that the guy u couldn't imagine life without left u. It's obvious u still have strong feelings for him, and the thought of being with anybody but him burdens u.
      Reach out to him and have a closure. He might still be in love with u. You never know.

      Delete
    5. I follow up on your bloggers diary regularly. I think ED is the one you had a secret online wedding with or so if i remember vividly from your previous posts.

      Delete
    6. I tired for this emah... u r confusing u self... common..ok tht was a horrible experience but pls it isn't worth u depriving urself of falling in love again... the truth is u need deliverance.. btw u and i, do u make love in ur dreams? Emeh life is beautiful...

      Delete
    7. Btw miss p was my course mate then in UJ... same set, same course.. thou we were much, abt 2000 students.. then my was smoky hot... hope u stil rmb Mr Alubo, tht law of tout short igbo lecturer Wetin be him name self? lol.. anyway nice meeting u again...

      Delete
    8. Enough of these 'Emeh ur a good writer' stuff. WTF she's a blogger for crying out loud. Isn't she supposed to be a good writer?

      Delete
    9. Emeh,u forgot to add how ur ex got E well beaten and even broke his nose when he saw E beating the life outta u..lol

      Delete
    10. You also forgot to add how E would lie to u that he can't drop u off at home,then only to follow u behind when u take a taxi,just to be sure u went straight home. Obsessed hunk.

      Delete
  2. Emeh dear,I can't read everything,stopped half way,hmm nice write up tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you'd finish it if it was a love message from some guy...lazy retard!

      Delete
    2. And who asked you for your opinion, am not sure u read the update cos if you did you wudnt reply comments that are not directed at you, instead you would have contributions attention seeker.

      Delete
    3. Atinuke,I love u 4 this reply. Some people derive pleasure in making others feel bad.

      OMO OBA

      Delete
    4. Bloody retards! And you this yeye atinuke,how did you know the write up is nice when you stopped half way?get you lazy behind away from here joor!
      @omo oba aka boot-licking schmuck...I'm sure the yeye atinuke will oblige your broke ass one day,so carry on!

      Delete
    5. Just fix ur miserable life and stop being bitter with people who never contributed to making ur life useless as it is now.

      Omo Oba

      Delete
  3. Ohhhh i ddnt want it to end...sad much :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa whoa whoa...nice story

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Emeh, what was his reaction when you guys saw in 2011?i know you couldn't have cared cos you'd still be distraught at your dad's passing(May God rest his soul)so I'm not gonna ask your reaction when you saw him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. emeh,you didnt say what you did that made him punch you several times and you didnt say what made him left you and never came back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is one side of a story how I wish I can see him and ask him some questions

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emeh Darling, besides being a good writer, your expression when you write makes it look more intense and so so real. I have one advise 4 you, though we have not met in person and do not know much about you. Do not ever think there is no man out there who can love you and understand you unconditionally, let your mindset not be circled or seem as a figment of your imagination. You shall get what you deserve, you almost pass for a virtuous woman. Yes I can linken you to such. Am sure the best is yet to come for you. Keep being YOU like I wrote the last time to you. Someday we shall all celebrate you.. Much love...!! Hugs !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad ending. ...still love u ..hehe

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh and thank God u have started going to church again..yippie

    ReplyDelete
  11. So mobile fones were working during ur diploma days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mobile phones came fully in 2001.

      Delete
  12. Insecurıty is what kılled the love you have for the guy.. Emeh, there is still a guy out there that will love u uncondıtıonally and make u happy always. Aş for your Precious dad, may his humble soul contınue to rest in peace. Nice Write up! IT İŞ WELL

    ReplyDelete
  13. *sniffs* wipes tears away* *blows catarrh* I'm gonna watch out for part 3(when emeh finally finds her mr right,And I can bet my right arm she would)

    ReplyDelete
  14. How in God's name can u like family law Ewww anyway maybe Cameroon lecturers dint give u problems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes,family law was also my best course nd i skuled in naija,its d easiest course even no mata hw stubborn d lecturer is,even readin d Acts alone u wil pass

      Delete
  15. Some men can b very controlling, it's wel Emeh. Pls dnt give up on luv, d right one wil come Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely write up dear, when are you going to write about your mom?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Emeh dis guy is good! My ex and first beat live outta my spirit . Even till now I feel like the most senseless gal on earth for bin the sort of relationship thinking it was love . Till today je still disturbs my life .me too ain't thinking of marriage . All i do is admire their gowns n all not the couples . Abeg I'm even getting angry now

    ReplyDelete
  18. I enjoyed every bit of it ... Emeh u are a good writer ... pls dont stop believing in love .

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love sucks when its with the wrong person

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awwwww crying again.This is so beautifully written. As a genius write myself,i can say thumbs up. Don't love any Nigerian man.Go for German like me

    ReplyDelete
  21. Two funny names E and ED.......you can write,I can write,everyone can write...but when those with the gifted intellectual ability writes or handles the a pen...you surely gona sight an irrational difference......the sky isn't just gona be your limit you are surely gona reach out for the moon,sun and stars.....love you

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hmmmmmm, He hits me every where N anytime But life ll make No sense without K

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice. Well structured and written. It shouldn't be only blogging, full time writing and falling in love with the Right man *not Mr. Perfect* is not a bad idea *winks*. Give love a second chance! Kudos.
    May the Gentle soul of Pa Achanga rest in peace Amen

    #Zimama#

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful story... Real beautiful
    But I can't help but wonder that, with all your - now exposure, you'd still give this as an excuse/reason not to get married..... I know there are terrible people out there. But, there are good people too, and I feel like if you can boldly let the whole world to know some of your deepest darkest secrets and memories, you can also, with that same boldness, believe in love again... Think about it
    I pray you find a man who'd be fortunate enough to appreciate the specimen God has carved you to be... You just have to allow your experiences(good or bad) make you better and not bitter... Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  25. emeh no be today dem done dey give u gifts,i even tot hakeem was the first.u beta marry me nw and give ur dad a proud smile in d grave bcos am runnin 4 presidency 4 cpc party*oke*

    ReplyDelete
  26. Deep sign!!! I enjoyed ur story girl, thumps up. Der is want tin i believe cha, dat u can find true love any were. Pls dear Emeh, do not give up on love. It is a beautiful tin wen u r wit d RIGHT PERSON. E was not d right1 even ED was not. Emeh, pls open ur heart on love.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Emeh, you in deed have a beautiful heart. pls, allow your heart to be healed from the past. The Lord will give you the strength you need. Beating or inflicting pain on a woman in the name of love is animalistic and cowardly!
    DLOVE

    ReplyDelete
  28. Emeh, you in deed have a beautiful heart. pls, allow your heart to be healed from the past. The Lord will give you the strength you need. Beating or inflicting pain on a woman in the name of love is animalistic and cowardly!
    DLOVE

    ReplyDelete
  29. Emeh my sweet smallie I feel you.
    Don't let ADOLESCENT FEVER make you turn your back on love and marriage.
    In fact Emeh,you're very very,very selfish ! WHY ? you don't want to share your beauty with another person,you don't your beautiful to be seen on other.Nne please chanoge that thought,give love a second chance,someone is dying out there for your love and will treat you like the queen that you are.
    I'm sure your dad will be so happy where he is to see you getyour own kids,because he taught that very well.

    If you ask me about E,I will say Thank God you didn't marry him.Because by now he could have killed you from beating and move on to. another smallie .
    I love you Emeh

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow!! yesterday was my first time of reading a post in this site and i followed up this topic..

    OMG,, this girl is a good writer....this story is very interesting but i want to ask you Emeh, there must be something that you did to him that made him leave and never looked back

    She is just like me that don't actually in marriage because of what i see

    http://howtokreate.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really believe in marriage and love because of my experiments

      I pray that i will see real love in this world,, even if it is not me but at least let me see true lovers

      Delete
  31. Wow, am short of words Emeh... I usually don't comment, I just had to. so touching, u ll definitely find ur Mr Right dear.

    ReplyDelete
  32. you did not say anything about how you lost your virginity abi .....BIg D

    ReplyDelete
  33. You really have been through a lot. Thank God you didn't end up with him coz he woulda made a punching bag outta you plus i don't think there woulda been a blog like MPN now. I do hope love you cannot resist finds you soon.... **RhymeTime**

    ReplyDelete
  34. emeh u re still in love wit dis yr e. ** miss lewisky**

    ReplyDelete
  35. emeh u re still in love wit dis yr e. ** miss lewisky**

    ReplyDelete
  36. Don't inflict pain on a lover...

    ReplyDelete
  37. Waoo! Emeh u really went thru alot and this is just a tip of the iceberg compared to what many girls go thru these days particularly in the hands of illiterate men who always feel so insecure that the girl they have been spending little money for in the name of school fees would soon leave them for a more educated and articulate guy! Emeh it's good u never married that E of a guy cus u would have seen the real meaning of hell! But i got an experience while i had a girlfriend bukky by name she always wanted me to beat her and i will object b'cus i never saw my father hit my mother but bukky told me one day to my surprise that if i don't beat her it means i don't love her! i did and i regretted it b'cus i hate to see a woman cry but she loved it b'cus after we disagree during the day she makes me beg to make love to her at night which she loves,this was 8-10years ago and now we're just distance friends cus we still call each other on fone! Different women have their fantasies,some really like to be beaten as a sign that u lov them particularly women 4rm the tribe where i was born and grew up-Lasgidi! I have resolved never in ma life to lay hand on any woman! Don't even think about it b'cus even an attempt to touch a woman is straight to jail over here! We are better men when we travel abroad b'cus of the strict legal system against women battering, lol.
    (9ijaborn yankeebased)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Damn!!!!u WERE Sooooooooo FOOLISHHHHH...sHuO!!!MEN!!!!!!!!mmttccchheeewww

    ReplyDelete
  39. So what are your plans with Hakeem? Are you just gonna let the obvious affections for each other fizzle away?i'm sure he'd have been pestering you for a relationship,please give him a chance o cos from your description of him he seems a nice person. I can relate to your story cos I've gone through a lot from the hands of men too and I now have a similar stance just that I could revoke it anytime I see the man of my dreams(I'm not sure that kinda man exists though..lol)
    The only difference in my experience is that no man battered me cos I wouldn't have allowed it. If any man tried it,he wouldn't live to tell the story,I'm so temperamental I scare myself sometimes...lol
    We should be friends though,we have a lot in common and we are about the
    same age,I'm a legal practitioner. If you're interested please indicate by responding to my comment then we could take it from there. God bless you Emeh Achanga

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wow! I had to stop at some point and collect my thoughts together. Its such an interesting story though sad. I was kinda hoping E will get his act together, he truly did love you,but a love like that is not healthy for anybody. I wish we were in a society where people like him could receive help, such a waste. I do believe that you will get a man that will be perfect for you Emeh. There are so many questions I would have loved to ask you. I don't know why this story touches me this much, maybe its becos am a sucker for lost causes*Godhelpme* but I hope you find closure and peace in everything you do. P.s I really do admire you Emeh and you are a terrific writer!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Emotionful, nd intellectualy written true life stuff! Some guys can be control Freaks sha..,he shouldn't hv beating u for doin notin wrong.,even @all..d ed wasn't ok too... But Emeh'm, u r a matured babe now, nd u knows dat there r still gud nd cool fellas out there, which u know., who r ready 4any of ur marks, carry u wit there bare hands to anywhere., nd LOVE you for you...God bless

    ReplyDelete
  42. I know you'l find love eventually,in most cases it's your type(people that have given up on love and companion) that gets the best spouse's,just keep an open mind.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Bin tru same thing! My own was worst sef. Till today he wants me bak but it's not possible anymore cos dat smallie is now a grown lady.

    ReplyDelete
  44. New Blog addiction.... this story got me in many ways fam!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Despite your father's insistence that you study law, why didn't you go into practice? Why didn't you honor his memory by following a career path he would have loved you to? Still, if he were alive today, I know he would have been very proud of you. You have grown into a strong woman. Allah Ya ba ki abun da ki ke nema a rayuwa. You and I have a lot in common. Same age, I am also a lawyer. I love solitude and I don't open up my soul to anyone. Oh, I am very pretty too. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Emeh girl u will still find a guy that loves u..don't close yourself off. you are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  47. EMEHHH! oh fuck it!! So that relationship ended badly...and I think you need therapy....The problem with this kind of relationship is they make you see the world and Men through a certain eye....and cage you from experiencing the sweetness of a healthy relationship.....

    I hate when women play the victim and stay the victim...I see it all the time!! Look at the comments...Every woman enjoy playing the victim....I always tell my Girlfrnds and any lady...when a guys spends on you, that money is his sweat and blood..The more he spends, the more he thinks commitment and ownership...Most women thinks it he's right to spend that money just because he's the man...and they deserve the cash because they are women....
    I pity them cos not every man can be a gentleman and handle the rejection after spending so much...especially an illiterate...
    I have seen a Man almost naked a lady in public,just because he felt he owned the lady after spending so much on her and she ditched him...
    Dont allow any Man spend on you excessively when he hasn't paid you bride price and trying to even things by giving him something back once in a while...Its hard to say No but its better that way...That way,if it didn't work out..He doesn't feel dubbed and used.
    Emeh, you were young then, I know you understand better now...Love is one of the most beautiful thing that can happen to someone...Am a victim of that kind of love..

    Love is sweetest when both pple are ready to sacrifice for each other... Not the selfish types I see this days...I didn't say love is easy but its always 100% worth it every time...Trust me

    ReplyDelete
  48. EMEH , I read all the story but what I can figure out is that u let ur fantasy and self interest to override what could be call love for u , u re being move by what u see at present life is not like that as u think. life is funny and hard as well , u get love where u don't expect .
    Please always blame urself for inability to love and urself motive , if u have had bad experience in life and it has shape ur thinking always hide to urself don't make it public so that someone will come and emulate ur wrong thought about love or even marriage
    Time will tell if u love again but please hide ur emotion to ur don't justify ur misfortune

    ReplyDelete
  49. Some of the reader don't know how to summarize story , some many woman have gone thru a lot but still they love and get married . Everybody have his/her life to live but making it justifiable is wrong. Some ladies date a guy because of what he buy or what she give them but if later the guy turn to something else they will start writing heart break story of illusion love thay had

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Learn good english,then we can start form there.

      Delete
  50. Nice one Emeh u can write sha ...but smallie u don share ur luv finish naa ....#goodluck. I Pray life treatz u fair.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Emeh, you are a good writer. You have the ability to keep your audience engaged, and even put them at the scene of the story being told. These are some important characteristics of a good writer. You should consider writing articles for major publications, both local and international, just show people your sample writings and I'm sure you will get a good response.

    With regards to E ( or is it Ekene), you really should not allow any man or individual to have such a stronghold over your life. I am sure this E guy has moved on with his life, but you are still holding on to a bad experience, and keeping yourself in bondage and from the freedom of enjoying the joys of been with a good partner.

    You made the right decision to walk away from him, any man who will lay his hands on a woman, is not worth been called a man. If you're lucky enough to be raised by a man like your dad, it's easier to know the difference between a real man and an animal.

    Emeh, please free yourself from this bondage, not all men are like E, there are good men out there. keep an open mind, hang around the right people, and most especially, ask God to choose your life partner for you.

    P.S. What happened with your family law test, were you still able to complete it, did you pass it, and how did you finally get E to leave you alone ? he doesn't seem like the type that will walk away easily.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Wow Emeh this is incredible and being bold enough to write this is more applauding. I've also not found myself excited about marriage, i fear the emotional trauma, the physical trauma, the unpredictable happenings in marriage.... some say you've not found the right man, some say its your incapability to love and be loved. But i'm still not bold enough to speak up but i find courage in you.

    Marriage is still not very favorable for women in Africa and some other parts of the world. I think marriage just like sex, love... is really over-rated.

    ReplyDelete
  53. E probably raped you that day and he couldn't bear looking you in the eye again, that's why he left and never came back.

    ReplyDelete
  54. BLOG ANALYSER: Very interesting! I wisg ED wasn't a violent lover, Just hope and believe u will find ur true love

    ReplyDelete
  55. Wow!! Emeh, just take things easy, I'm sure you'll find happiness once more. How drenched you must have been all this while, but it's a phase that will surely pass.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hmm...words fail me!. It's sad, intriguing, thought - provoking....
    However I just want to say...he might have been ur first true love experience, but he doesn't represent all men. He's Just One experience. Take the risk to open up again. Love Consciously, Deliberately ...you just might be surprised. I wish u all the love, joy n peace this world can offer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  57. E for Emeka. But I don't see what the guy did to make you say you won't ever marry

    I hope you wake up soon and not regret this when you are old jumping from one church and pastor to another looking for husband

    A word is enough...

    ReplyDelete
  58. Well written. You maintained the suspense in ur story line. Sorry for the loss of Ur beloved Dad. However, you still need to marry, planning to be a single parent will not be the best idea. Emeh dear, you need to reproduce like ur parents did n brought you forth. You can't wipe out ur own generation out of ur own volition, just like dust. Think about ur beauty, ur wisdom, intelligence n all the amazing gifts God showered you with. You can't afford to let it die without multiplying it through children. If you don't believe in marriage, you can't love n if you can't love, you ain't living yet. Note; all men are never n will never be the same. *opinion*

    ReplyDelete
  59. Emeh my writer of life! I hail thee

    ReplyDelete
  60. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I can't even begin to individually reply each comment but I've read every single one and I appreciate all. Both those who constructively criticised and those who encouraged, down to those who asked questions. My email is emepretty@gmail.com for those who asked questions I may not be able to answer here. God bless you all

    ReplyDelete
  61. This has set the tone for change in the Automobile Industry. Great carpartsnigeria for finding service technicians. And the fact that i can review them too, make this perfect....Really nice.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321