Athlete who spent year training for triathlon missed it because he overslept(Photo) | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Monday 6 October 2014

Athlete who spent year training for triathlon missed it because he overslept(Photo)

An athlete who spent a year training for a gruelling triathlon missed it - because he overslept.
Jody George spent months taking donations and keeping friends up to speed on his preparation for the Challenge Weymouth Triathlon.Mr George set his alarm for 3am, giving him plenty of time to drive to Weymouth Bay, Dorset, for the start.The heartbroken athlete said..
'I set the alarm on my phone for 3am. It went off but I hit snooze, as I normally do.
'The only trouble was I hadn't switched on the snooze facility for the new time. I went back to sleep, and the next thing was the alarm going off at five to six.'I held the phone in my hands and looked at the time for a while in disbelief. I knew instantly that was it. '
I was in total shock. I just went downstairs and made a cup of tea and said to my fiancee PJ, "that's that, I'm not racing today".'She was the one shouting and swearing, I was in shock for days.'It took me a good two or three days to recover emotionally to be able to even talk about it.
'I'm still quite upset with myself. I had to apologise to everyone who had supported me, who had sponsored me and donated.'
I'd prepared for a year, I'd posted it all on Facebook, giving updates on the training, and everyone was following it and encouraging me.
'In fact, the last post the day before said that I felt quite relaxed about the race the next day - I was obviously a little bit too relaxed.'
UK Mirror  

19 comments:

  1. That is how some ppl will sleep on this blog and 4get they've got exams...eg: Vizzy, @edDreamz, Truth, Emeka etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh its quite a pity, such scenario is enough to make someone miserable and sad. Don't give up on that dream, someday you will make ur fans happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    The gal frnd wicked die i swear.... Why she no wake am nw.....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a very bad experience. I trust Holy Spirit more than any alarm.
    DLOVE

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is kind of funny sha, but i feel his pain.u can still make it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol, enya I pity him sha but this is funny oo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty funny. There's always another triathlon, it's not that serious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If naıja u dey now ehen ı for say öne öf uncle dey dö you.. Lmao! IT İŞ WELL

    ReplyDelete
  10. BLOG ANALYSER: Hilarious! It happens, hiting the snooze and the rest. Eeeeyah, it is well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Baby fire fire#ukwa#

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is unbelievable. After training for a year...Chaiii

    #Zimama#

    ReplyDelete
  13. Too much of everything is bad.... Consequence of over-confidence **RhymeTime**

    ReplyDelete
  14. That was how i lost a lucrative job interview.The interview started by 9am.So i have woken by 7am.I just say lemme relax small.Before i knew it i slept off and i was dreaming of a girl i have been eyeing a long time that i was banging her.Before i knew it i woke up by 9.30am.my boxer don wet finish.When i reach interview them say i late.I got there around after 10.Now na alarm 24/7.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Na 4 ur village dem do u,see me later 4 cleansen*oke*

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321