When the Patient cries " RAPE " By Dr Chukwudum CJ.(Must Read) | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Monday 4 August 2014

When the Patient cries " RAPE " By Dr Chukwudum CJ.(Must Read)

I just received this article  and It is very enlightening and a must read for all of us...*Warning *Strong Language*

PERCEPTION
Just recently I was going through a blog & an item caught my attention. It read: Doctor caught by a hidden Camera molesting a female patient. I clicked on the #comments, & abuses from d anus of lucifer himself were being rained on d doctor, some were even suggesting he should be stripped of his MBBS ASAP! 

So I decided to see for myself expecting to see nothing less than d doctor with pants down practically screwing the patient [ ok that was me exaggerating ]. I clicked on the link & and watched the video .



Lo & behold dude didn't do anything wrong but carried out 
a standard abdominal exam with superficial & deep 
palpation, only asking d lady to draw her panties down to d hair line when he wanted to palpate for pelvic masses [ FYI which is BTW standard practice ]
Q: Do I blame the patient or the people condemning him on social media....??? Nah; I only blamed IGNORANCE .

□FACT
Certain aspects of the physical examination to an UNTRAINED eye may actually look as if aimed for sexual gratification , hence leading to wrong accusations of molestation.
Examples:
~ Breast examination for lumps requires thorough palpation of all the quadrants of the breast including the axilla[ armpit ], and sometimes even squeezing of the breast is necessary in order to ascertain presence or absence of expressible galactorrhoea in suspected cases of pituitary dysfunction.

This may be misinterpreted as "fondling" & "caressing" of d breasts

~ Vaginal examination for whatever reason, requires actual inserting of the examiner's [doctor] finger into the vagina.
This again may be misinterpreted as "fingering"

~ Common abdominal exam[ tummy ] may need that the patient pulls down the panties a lil' bit to the hairline & sometimes to the midthigh as the case maybe.

~ On the other hand, while examining the genitals of a man...doctors actually need to palpate the scrotum, the penis itself & sometimes insert a finger into the anus [o yea, I mean d ass hole]...and that dosent necessarily mean the doctor is a gay perv!

RECOGNISING actual cases of Molestation
Well there is no laid down rules to this effect. ..& am not an expert, however I can give certain clues.
1. Examination requires a chaperone which is a person usually of the same sex as the patient, to be present & ensure things dosent go south. A nurse, a female doctor or patient's relative can serve this purpose
2. No part of the medical exam requires oral stimulation. So when he goes down on u with his tongue...#coughs , call for help!
3. Vaginal examination does not necessarily need "in-and-out" movement of the fingers....even if the situation warrants it call for help once you perceive the movement to be rythmic. #grins
4. To the best of my knowledge, we have no business with the clitoris except if the primary pathology involves it eg genital warts.
5. Caressing the nipple is not part of breast examination! Well...this is daisy cos the doctor may actually need to examine the nipple, but once u perceive REPEATED GENTLE stroking.... call for help!

6. An errection on the doctor's part does not necessarily translate as molestation. Hell dude got blood fuelled with hormones running his veins & not water! But if it persists longer & then he is doing any of the above....yell for help #lol .

DISCLAIMER
The aim of this article is not to present doctors as saints or to claim that there are no cases of molestation. ...nah, cos its a well known fact that some do take advantage of their patients sexually.
However the aim of this write up is this:
1. To educate the public so as to minimise the incidence of wrong accusations of molestation
&
2. To sensitise the public on the alarmSignals of impending molestation.

Dr Cj Chukwudum

17 comments:

  1. Nice one doctor. Now I know that stupid doctor was a perv.He was squeezing my figure 8 bum saying he is doing malaria exam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some Yoruba Dr Abi? Female too. Your secret is safe.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this but I can never subject myself to physical exam from a male doctor. I tried it once with a gynaecologist and it was hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was aw those nurses were rushing caressing and shaving my private part just becuz I told dem I had an injury on my knee dat developed a ball around my pelvic griddle. The oda nurse culdnt help and started goin pants down begging me for just ten strokes dat my balls will get stronger and chase the fake ball away. I dnt knw wat to do cuz as experts I got confused and decided to do their wish after dat my the fake ball got stronger and I was ready for more. The rest were history

    ReplyDelete
  4. From this article, there is no difference between fondling and exam

    ReplyDelete
  5. the meanin of ebola in igbo language is ejemba.take note guys*oke*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol ok, will watch out for the signs because I don't trust these doctors

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice piece ....tanks Emeh for d post. #publicEnlightment

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see, now I believe dia's a secret between my yoruba ex galfrd and Dr sid. She will always want to visit him just 4 common dizzy or slight headache dat paracetamol can cure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Sid is a trained dentist not a GP!!!

      Delete
    2. Do we v untrained dentist ?

      Delete
    3. Olodo...... is he the only Dr sid in Nigeria? My uncle's frd name is sayid and he's a doc

      Delete
  9. Please note that it is UNETHICAL for a male doctor to examine a female patient without a chaperone ie a female nurse present in the consulting room. This is to protect both the doctor and the patient.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hehehehehe Doc CJ, i see you.. nice one please enlighten the general populace o.. repping NAUTH.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hehehehehe Doc CJ, i see you.. nice one please enlighten the general populace o.. repping NAUTH.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321