Blogger's Diary - AN ODE TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE(The realest thing I ever wrote) | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Saturday 2 June 2012

Blogger's Diary - AN ODE TO THE LOVE OF MY LIFE(The realest thing I ever wrote)

Its 10am,2nd june, 2012 and I'm lying on my bed,tears streaming down a face filled with features which reminds me of you.In less than two hours, it would be one year since I got that call which shattered my world. A world you were part of,a world you built,a world incomplete without you.

You were my first love,the first man who loved me unconditionally, who loved me subtly,and who cared for me passionately. I danced with you, I cried with you, you felt the pain of my first heartbreak and the arrogance that came with my juvenile years. I'm glad I was a source of joy to you,during your last years on earth, but i still wish i did more. Maybe if you had given me a sign that you were going to leave soon,i would have done better. Maybe , just maybe i would have prayed harder.


Master of words,great literary icon,churning out great master pieces, impacting knowledge on others for decades. 
You did this relentlessly,products of your tutoring scattered around the world, seated in high places. I recall burning the midnight oil while you broke down the very complicated poem "Ode to a grecian Urn",as I prepared for my SSCE Literature exams..(Of course I passed with a distinction)..Though stern at times, it has helped shaped me into the woman i am now.

I know you are in heaven but i cant help but wonder what your doing,are you resting?Are you wide awake?Are you still aware of the turmoil taking place on earth? Or are you oblivious to all these including my pain?Do you know your 5 kids are still hanging on? Do you know your irreplaceable to them? Do you know all the promises made by  most (friends and foes alike)during your burial haven't been kept? Do you know politics hasn't changed, and its raining season now?

Though I see you in my dreams,though I feel your presence in my sleep,I pray your resting in a place where your oblivious to the happenings of this cruel world. I pray you don't see my tears when I yearn for you. I pray all you see are my smiles,  the joy and laughter on the faces of my friends when i tell them your funny jokes.

I felt you on the 11th of February when the car I was driving lost control on the 3rd mainland bridge, I heard you beg God to give me one more chance because there was still so much I had to do. I knew you were there because you had visited the night before in my dreams and saved me as I fell from a valley. So what a hypocrite I am,when I say "I hope your blind to the world",because daddy, if you leave me alone,I wouldn't survive it. 
  So as I lay here writing this letter to you,i hope it reaches you in time . I'm sending it via your favorite angel Gabriel .I want to say we (your kids)love you, we thank you for being the best dad in the world,we  thank you for all the sacrifices and as i once told you, all your sacrifices and pain wont be in vain, i'm only human but i know i'll make you proud.If I could do this again, i'll choose you to be my only beloved father.

So, Adieu daddy, until we meet again,you'll remain forever green in my thoughts and prayers.

HAPPY ONE YEAR REMEMBRANCE DADDY
Your beloved daughter
Emeh Achanga

23 comments:

  1. wow!What a touching piece..im speechless

    ReplyDelete
  2. May he RIP Emeh,he is sure proud of the intelligent and beautiful lady you are..This is touching

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just touching... May he continue to RIP
    -Linked from Linda's

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg ..this is a beautiful writeup..u must have loved him soooo..May he RIP

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely touching. I commend your writing. Time heals believe me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww so heart wrenching and beautiful .may he RIP

    ReplyDelete
  7. May he continue to rest in peace and may God give you the grace to continue to bear his absence. Pele.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A touching tribute to your Dad. I'm sure he's resting in peace. HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am so touched and I'm sure ur dad is lukin dwn on u now and smilin.. He ll b so proud of u and hw u've turned out

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww thanks a million @ all ..I'm so touched.Thanks Myne Whitman,and Madam Sting

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!tearss ..just take heart..

    ReplyDelete
  12. may he RIP..touched

    ReplyDelete
  13. aww.tears... tears tears

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Huge hugs for you Emeh. It is well with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really nice and touching tribute. May he rest in peace..Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very touching tribute
    *Hugs to you*
    Am sure he's so proud of you and your siblings.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww thanks to all of you..I really appreciate your kind words of comfort..

    ReplyDelete
  19. u just got me crying...nice 1 dear and am sorry about your papa again. just make him proud. i know u got it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm Moryorhista13 June 2012 at 19:51

    Emeh am touched ur dad will be so proud God bless u and him cos he has raised a very strong and sucessful daughter

    ReplyDelete
  21. awww my dear Moyo..thanks a million..u rock

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321