Dencia Opens Up On Her Depression-I thought my mother was my sister | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Thursday 4 June 2015

Dencia Opens Up On Her Depression-I thought my mother was my sister

Whitenicious boss and pop singer,Dencia comes off as very confident lady who knows what she wants and goes for it,however, the star has revealed she was once very depressed .. In a chat with encomium,she explained why she took along break from music and confessed her depression took a hold of her ..Excerpts below

I had personal issues I was dealing with. I went through depression, it was really serious and hard on me. The issues I had then were things I don’t talk about because, it is more like family issues. I was brought up by my grand parent. I thought my grandmother was my mother and my mother was my sister. I never realised their identity until I grew up. It got to a point I wanted to talk about it but no one was willing to talk to me about it. I got so frustrated and fell into depression. I am glad that I was able to get out of it and get back together again.
There was a point you were so angered and pissed off, what actually happened then?

There was something that pissed me off then. I was so upset I broke my phone and almost broke the door of my house. Some blogs posted pictures of my house. I never sent those pictures. The pictures are from when the former tenant was in the house (Rock, he is an actor). When I saw the pictures on the internet, I was extremely upset because it brought back the memories of what happened sometimes back. I felt I was no longer safe anymore. If my house was all over the internet, then I was not safe. In 2011, before I moved to Los Angeles, my home was robbed. They practically moved my house. I lost everything. I had to start all over again. I believe they should respect people’s privacy. Anything can happen. There is still racism in Los Angeles.

What inspired your new song African Energy, was it because of the Chibok girls?
I am very vocal about things going on in Africa. I talked about a lot of issues. I believe, we don’t have positive messages sent out musically by a lot of artist. I thought this is the kind of music our continent needs now because it reflects all the positive images. Images of peace in Rwanda, that there is no war again. I have picture of Folorunsho Alakija, the richest woman in Africa. I am trying to show the power and amazing things Africa has.
When the Chibok girls issue started, I sent out messages to a lot of celebrities to arise and talk about it. That was when everybody started talking about it and it gained exposure in the internationally. I think I relate more with the Chibok girls because I went to a boarding school. It could be me or anybody. Those were the things that inspired the song.
Do you intend doing collaboration with any artistes?
To be honest with you, collaboration is extremely difficult. Other artistes will feel they are better than you. I am a very simple person, I don’t over rate people go from nothing to something. If you don’t believe in me when I started, you wouldn’t believeor under rate people. I believe we should have respect for one another. We live in a world where in me when I am at the climax. So, no, I wouldn’t.
Have you ever had a bad experience with any artist as regards that?
I have had bad experiences with some artistes. I have done collaborations and the videos never came out. I don’t know why. I shouldn’t be wasting my money. Most people don’t respect my craft but I am here to fulfill my career. I am working hard to do that. With or without them, I will be fine.

Why is Dencia not in a relationship?
If a lady has to work 24-7, I don’t think she will have time for that. When the time comes, I will definitely go into a relationship. I will take time off to invest in it as I do take time off for other projects.
How do you feel about all the controversies trailing Whitenicious?
I don’t care. I am making money.
Did Dencia make money through illegal means?
I will never do anything illegal to get rich. I have seen a lot of people go down. I think if I was doing anything illegal, it should have been made public. Everything I have been doing has been public. I made a lot of money from Whitenicious, I mean a lot of money.

14 comments:

  1. I quite agree with the racism part.. Everyone has got a story or ordeal in life, thank God it's history now.. Next Emeh...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said..
    .
    This babe strong shah.... Bigger yu i pray..
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dencia cum letz collaborate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No matter how busy you are and you don't consider relationship as complicated you will definetly make out time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where there's a will, there's a way... May the Good Limord continue to bless you.. IT IS WELL

    ReplyDelete
  6. very focused successful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheap anger, u 4 break betta things nt jst a phone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better things like?? Your big head?? Hehehe

      Delete
  8. Lol....someone is definitely on Dencia's payroll... IT IS WELL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Am starting to lik her,d sky is her limit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because Emeh is shoving her down our throat. I like her too but it's enough

      Delete
  10. I don't care. I am making money. I love that

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321