Meet the woman who sleeps sons while her husband sleeps alone | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Sunday 17 May 2015

Meet the woman who sleeps sons while her husband sleeps alone

A woman who shares the bedroom with her three sons and lets her husband sleep in a spare room has defended her decision..

Julie Darby shares a bed every night with her boys Brayden and Kai while husband Gary spends the night alone in a room down the hall.He has been alone in a single bed for five years. The arrangement has led to friends and relatives ­accusing the couple of spoiling the boys and putting their marriage at risk.
Housewife Julie, 41, told the Sunday People:
“If people think we’re spoiling our sons so be it. We know we’ve made the right choice. Kai and Brayden’s needs come first.”
She added: “We’ve heard it all. We’re ‘spoiling them, we’ll make them too attached, we’ve made a rod for our own backs’. Right from day one people were telling me I was doing everything wrong.
“But our happy, healthy sons are proof we’ve done what is right for our family.”“People don’t ­believe us but Gary really doesn’t mind. He never has. His stance is that the father’s job is to keep the wife and kids happy.
“If anything it has made us stronger. I admire how he puts his sons’ needs first.We have flexible schedules and make time for sex when the boys are at school, ­staying over at my mum’s or out with friends.We’ve been ­together for more than 20 years so we’ve had plenty of time for romance. In a couple of years we’ll back to sleeping in the same bed for a long time to come.”“I’m so used to it now I’m not sure I could sleep without them either. I will cut it off by the time they are 12-13 because boys need to be on their own once they get to that sort of age.I think it’s important to send a message to other parents that if they choose to co-sleep they shouldn’t worry what other people think about it. It needs to be done safely, ­particularly when they are little – I’ve never smoked or drank.I believe that ­allowing them the ­comfort of sharing a bed with me has contributed to their confidence. When children know they are ­unconditionally loved and supported they thrive.”
And husband Gary insists it is what makes mum and kids happy that works for him.
 “I honestly don’t mind. Julie and I still make time for sex. I don’t need to sleep in the same bed as my wife every night to have intimacy with her.If anything, our relationship has been made stronger by this.

“Allowing the boys to sleep with Julie shows how much we’re both committed to their happiness. That brings them comfort and helps them get a better sleep. Parenting is about making sacrifices.We were all in bed together at first but then they got too big. It made sense for me to move into the boys’ room. It’s their mum they want to sleep with, which is fine by me. I get a nice, peaceful rest every night and wake up to a happy family.
“My greatest joy comes from having a happy wife and happy kids.We’re trying to enjoy their childhood for as long as possible but I am looking forward to being back in the same bed as Julie in a couple of years.We have had criticism from those who think we’re spoiling them. So what if we are? They’re lovely boys and their happiness will always come first for us.”

21 comments:

  1. Your way your life so be it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oyibo and dier own method! Buh seriously I see nothing wong in it so long as they both unstand it and are comfortable.I guess they sneak arnd for sex at nite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir,madam,what ever u both decide is fine!!!!don't listen to people.that kills real fast.people don't ever mind their businesses.pls stop listening to them n do what u want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sir,madam,what ever u both decide is fine!!!!don't listen to people.that kills real fast.people don't ever mind their businesses.pls stop listening to them n do what u want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big Deal!!!! Not new 2 me, it happens a lot especially in the villages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mhen I choptize not.. IT IS WELL

    ReplyDelete
  7. No crime joor! Yes @aunty Back in d days

    ReplyDelete
  8. No crime joor! Yes @aunty Back in d days

    ReplyDelete
  9. MR EDDY said this heat wan kill person o.

    That's their own cup of tea
    ^
    ^
    ^™THAT EDO BOY.COM~

    ReplyDelete
  10. No big deal. I sleep with my 2 boys while hubby sleep in the other room so no big deal. The most important thing is love and happiness in the family. It doesn't stop us from mapping our time for our normal daily lives. So no big deal. Marriage is not easy . What works for me might to work for another person so the most important thing is to stick to what makes you and your family happy and enjoy your lives. As simple as ABC

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see nothing weird in this as long as they are both happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I see nothing weird in this as long as they are both happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nothing wrong with it! Their children, their life, their choice! Peeps should let them be biko. Cute boys
    That fat one will be soo bullied at school ehn lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me that loves hubbys cuddle pass anything?haa abeg o,my kids sleep in their rooms,it teaches them independence!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This will make sex more fun bcos of the thrill that comes with sleeping around!

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321