I became blind after drinking ogogoro- Ode-Irele suvivor | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Friday 1 May 2015

I became blind after drinking ogogoro- Ode-Irele suvivor

One of the survivors of the Ode-Irele methanol poisoning, Mr. Olorunwa Jero, yesterday, recounted his ordeal in the throes of death.Jero, a father of six, who is a vulcaniser, narrated:
“By the time I was brought here, I had gone blind. I could not identify my wife, I could not identify anything. I did not even know when I arrived here.“But I thank God and the management and staff of University College Hospital, UCH, for bailing me out. I can see all of you here clearly. I can even identify the clothes each one of you is putting on.”
The victims were said to have taken the methanol while consuming a local gin.
Confirming that the toxin was detected in the blood and urine of the victims, Professor Temitope Alonge, Chief Medical Director, UCH, said the five victims were transferred to the teaching hospital on April 18 adding that they had regained their lost sight as a result of taking the chemical.

Alonge, who said this while speaking with newsmen in Ibadan, warned people to be wary of taking local gin so as to avoid similar unpleasant experience.

Vanguard

17 comments:

  1. Hmm scaryshit mehn! Oga thank God for you oo, better drop that ogogoro for now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now abi forever, ogaa anywhere u see ogogoro, better run four forty! But I think there's more to dis!

      Delete
    2. So it is truly methanol dt cause their blindness,and dey ar carryin rumours dt it's one of their gods dt is angry wt dem,Tank God fr ur life ooo,say no to ogogoro.

      Delete
    3. Thank God for u. But come ooo did they just write Vulcanizer and 6 children. Hmm issorait

      Delete
    4. Thank God for u. But come ooo did they just write Vulcanizer and 6 children. Hmm issorait

      Delete
  2. Thank your star... God restore your sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm strange but thank God for early remedy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dnt drink ogogiro again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oga vulcanizer, thank GOD 4 yo life sha buh it's an experience tho! Nxt time u won't tak evn a scintilla of it

    ReplyDelete
  6. God saved you !! -Pst.Chekeleke

    ReplyDelete
  7. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    Na God save yu man, so naso yu for remain blind forever bdat.....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank Jehovah for your life .. IT IS WELL

    ReplyDelete
  9. Drink jack Daniels u refused

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321