Why I Boarded the Train With 'Ordinary People' -Mercy Johnson | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Why I Boarded the Train With 'Ordinary People' -Mercy Johnson

Here is a press release explaining why Mercy Johnson boarded a train on March 2nd
My picture and that of my daughter, Purity in a Lagos train has surfaced online and quite a number of people have asked me what I was doing in a train and in Lagos for that matter; not Paris or London.I was around Iddo at Ebute Metta when my Range Rover developed a mechanical fault and I had to make a very important appointment in Ikeja regardless of the usual traffic congestion in Lagos. Luckily, a member of my management team was around, he suggested a train ride and we were in Ikeja in less than 30 minutes but that is not the crux of this statement.
Like I mentioned earlier, I have had to answer questions in private and public as to why I would board a train because trains in Nigeria are considered a means of transportation for the ordinary and not-so-rich people. A friend called and said I just devalued my brand by being on the train with ordinary people. I couldn’t help but laugh. Are we extra ordinary people because we are celebrities?

In as much as I understand the concept of branding, packaging and exclusiveness, I will never trade the experience to sit, interact and feel the pulse of so-called ordinary people.
By the way, I am part of the ordinary people. I grew up as an ordinary person among ordinary people. Why would I avoid them now? Would that be because I am now famous? Without these ordinary people, how would I have been famous in the first place? Without the so called ordinary people, where would Nigeria's growing population of so-called well packaged celebrities be today?

For the purpose of clarification, I was not on that train due to lack of money to get a well packaged cab or to get somebody to bring another car from the house but, my car developed an unforeseen fault and I needed a fast , reliable and convenient alternative immediately as there was urgent business to be attended to and I respect time a lot.
The train was available where I was; most importantly, I did not want to turn down the opportunity to be with the people who would ordinarily not have access to me so I grabbed the opportunity with both hands and here we are.
I want to thank my co-passengers, officials of the train for treating me with absolute respect and courtesy, I am indeed, very grateful...




53 comments:

  1. I love you more each day Mercy, so humble.
    www.alabekee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love me some MJ

      Delete
    2. If u humble ursef,u shall b lifed high but if u r proud,u shall b humbled. I love Mercy Joohnson,way to go girl!

      Delete
    3. Loved MJ a long time ago, I still do and I always will!

      Delete
    4. Loved MJ a long time ago, I still do and I always will!

      Delete
    5. Humble thy self and Jehovah will lift you up. Pls visit rellaidiovo.blogspot.com

      Delete
  2. Chaiii this title just made me vex, but then reading what went down i had no other choice but fall all over in love with her again and again and um still flat. Nothing but love 4 u MJO.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha Belinda you in love?
      That's a new one, i love MJ too. She's has a heart of gold

      Delete
    2. Next time u want to describe DAT Ur frnd, call Ur frnd "someone" cos she's definitely not Ur frnd...

      Delete
  3. Mercy is so down 2 earth nt like other celebrites feeling like God

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats what am talking about,humility is the key. thats y she keeps going high in her career!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. They even look alike sef...Hubby, Mummy n d Kid!

      Delete
  6. You need to distance yourself from that your friend that told you about "Ordinary people". Irrespective of your status, everyone is important and am glad you reckoned with them too..... May your humility take you to places...!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seriously need 2 distance herself ....

      Delete
  7. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    Pls forgive me MJ if i don ever insult yu bcos yu are not what i thought yu are.... God bless yu for thie write up no doubt.. And may God punish that ur frnd shah...
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely MJ.. Meanwhile, This woman beside me has farted twice. Fatal Bombs! If I push her inside the 3rd mainland bridge lagoon, will it be murder or self defence? MPN fam plz help. IT IS WELL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shut Up there! So the woman shud kill herself jst bcoz of u, y ddnt u use yo private jet or broom? Witch!

      Delete
  9. i love this woman

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was expecting to hear my Bentley or Rolls Royce broke down,Anyways everyone can't owe the amount of cars I have.Talking about ordinary people,MJ u are also ordinary so whether u entered train,Lorry or Canoe it shouldn't disturb this months election

    No shaking

    ReplyDelete
  11. I couldn't have loved her more.........unlike other celebrities who forget there root while growing

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mj u can do no wrong in my eyes,don't mind pple o jare.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BLOG ANALYSER: That is great! I tout PDP paid her ooo! Anyway, I admire her hubby coz he is always moving with her.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can die for mercy. My gratest wish is to see her and just giv her a hug. I luv her plenty. When I red dis her statement I cried I swear. She is just too humble.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!... I just love MJ so much. So humble

    ReplyDelete
  16. I so much love Mj,she is so humble,calm and focus....u just said it all my pretty MJ u knew where u came from and how u started, despite d fame and being celebrity u are still humble,honestly u got a wonderful heart keep it up mercy booblicious babe of life

    ReplyDelete
  17. She's so cool headed. Maximum respect for her... But her baby is not pretty :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Barbie doll ✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️✌️4 March 2015 at 14:32

    Mrs Toke makinwa( weda I spelt it right oh)should take note. She was dere blabbing coz of a car remote and someone bigger than her is here entering a train. I love me this girl a long time ago, just wish she acts more often.and if u check that so called frnd of hers u will see she is from a very very poor family.# bitchbye ✋✋

    ReplyDelete
  19. In developed countries,most people use train as their means of transportation, but in Nigeria people see it as a poor man thing. Pls nobody is ordinary. whether u are a celebrity or not, we shall leave this world one day and we shall be judged according to our deeds on earth. Having money or being famous does not make one more important or special than the other. We are all equal in the Eyes of God Almighty.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. GOD bless u my dearest Mercy! Pls, do me a favour... dump the ass of that your so called friend who said you have devalued your brand. Nothing lifts one higher like HUMILITY!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awwww my kind of woman, so humble yet very focused. May God continue to preserve u n ur lovely family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Election campaign to show GEJ transform NRC using refurbished locomotive trains used in the 50/60s. Nigerians deserved far better than, a country where government pays for 2015 Mc laren but gets a 1970 volks.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Press release to explain why she entered the train, and everyone here is hailing humility?
    Won't be returning to this site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL@ gud riddance 2bad rubbish! Go look 4 yo same type of birds!

      Delete
  25. Publicity stunt! - Pst.Chekeleke

    ReplyDelete
  26. As far as im concerned na campaign for Jonathan...the rest na story

    ReplyDelete
  27. Why did she say she entered that train with ordinary people?When did she become an elites?

    ReplyDelete
  28. mamamiya! mercy Nnem

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321