Read President Jonathan's statement on the 2015 Presidential Election Results | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Tuesday 31 March 2015

Read President Jonathan's statement on the 2015 Presidential Election Results

Fellow Nigerians,

I thank you all for turning out en-masse for the March 28 General Elections.

I promised the country free and fair elections. I have kept my word. I have also expanded the space for Nigerians to participate in the democratic process. That is one legacy I will like to see endure.
Although some people have expressed mixed feelings about the results announced by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), I urge those who may feel aggrieved to follow due process based on our constitution
and our electoral laws, in seeking redress.

As I have always affirmed, nobody’s ambition is worth the blood of any Nigerian.
The unity, stability and progress of our dear country is more important than anything else.

I congratulate all Nigerians for successfully going through the process of the March 28th General Elections with the commendable enthusiasm and commitment that was demonstrated nationwide.

I also commend the Security Services for their role in ensuring that the elections were mostly peaceful and violence-free.

To my colleagues in the PDP, I thank you for your support. Today, the PDP should be celebrating rather than mourning. We have established a legacy of democratic freedom, transparency, economic growth and free and fair elections.

For the past 16 years, we have steered the country away from ethnic and regional politics. We created a Pan-Nigerian political party and brought home to our people the realities of economic development and social transformation.

Through patriotism and diligence, we have built the biggest and most patriotic party in Nigerian history. We must stand together as a party and look to the future with renewed optimism.

I thank all Nigerians once again for the great opportunity I was given to lead this country and assure you that I will continue to do my best at the helm of national affairs until the end of my tenure.

I have conveyed my personal best wishes to General Muhammadu Buhari


May God Almighty continue to bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I thank you all.

Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, GCFR
President,
Federal Republic of Nigeria
March 31, 2015


51 comments:

  1. Thank you too Gej!! We love you... Safe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan has rewritten history, show true sportmanship. We salute you.

      Delete
    2. After reading GEJ's official statement, I swear I wish I supported him, but it too late, he should av released it b4 d election...too late

      Delete
    3. Jonathan ever said something, we won't appreciate him till he leaves. I see that playing. You have done well Mr president. God bless u

      Delete
  2. Oshe GEJ healthy acceptable defeat speech.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. B4 u all start crying crocodile tears, make una remember Immigration scam and how he pardoned Sulaiman....

      Remember our missing 20billion Dollars o....Fake tears

      Delete
  3. Aww now Emeh dis a good reason to shed a tear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. So touchy.

      Delete
    2. Chai I can't blive Port Harcourt to Bayelsa road will now be an abandoned project, pls dey should beg Ameachi to complete it for him, biko...GEJ go and beg Ameachi to complete DAT road o.... D last time I used DAT road I know watin my yanch see o, had to put ice for 3hrs bcos of gallop...

      Delete
  4. Sir GEJ is such a humble,calm and gentle man I felt like crying. sir GEJ am gonna miss u,I believe ur going GOD knows best am glad u took it with good fate...I love u sir its well let peace reign in Nigeria Amen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Am just crying God bless Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  6. The real mvp. He has won all our hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What does mvp mean? People have been using it

      Delete
    2. Most valuable player.Thank me later

      Delete
  7. Jona my hero.The world will celebrate you someday. You did the best you could.Let's see what magic Buhari performs.Goodluck sir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pls dnt let us expect too much frm buhari,bcos he wil gt d shock of his lif wen he assume duty,security is goin to be his first assignment,bt let us giv him 2yrs to startin turning things ard significantly,it's time will favour everyone.

      Delete
  8. Jonathan is just a hero, this speech brought tears in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. God bless your Kind heart sir all the best BUHARI WON THE VOTES AND YOU WON OUR HEART lets see the changes onenigeria

    ReplyDelete
  10. God bless your Kind heart sir all the best BUHARI WON THE VOTES AND YOU WON OUR HEART lets see the changes onenigeria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. No matter what we all as nigerians should remember that our country is greater than any individual.

      Delete
  11. crying already!!! wel i can't questions God cos he have reasons of everything is well my ppl#still jona on my mind#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its well don't cry nah.GOD knows best,he see's Beyond natural,but Supernatural, I Thank GOD for peace in Naija

      Delete
  12. Now am touched. *cryinguncontrollably* waaaaaaaa....waaaaaaaaaaaa.....waaaaaa! It's well Jona, you did your best sir. But my main concern is how Mama Peace is taking all these. There's still hope for Election of First Lady post I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Wow! Wow!

    He tried in conceding defeat.

    May Posterity be kind to him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So touching all the same may God continue to guide nd direct ur ways. Really gonna miss u sir.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks forever u wil be our friend,ex president

    ReplyDelete
  16. We wish him well in his future endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're a good man surrounded by fools. Thank you so much. God bless Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ finest, u said it all. I wish he had done what he did within the last 6wks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All those underage voters in the north really help buhari.If ma apc ehn,their supporters for Don start to kill people for streets.See as everywhere just dey peaceful now.Desperate party with desperate and killer supporters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunny....election is over nd buhari won

      Let the anger o.
      We are one...regardless of the potilical parties or tribe

      Delete
  20. God bless Nigeria! We still believe in you as a statesman-Pst.Chekeleke

    ReplyDelete
  21. @sunny otun u sound like an imbecile,u bter change ur orientation,d way u tink sometimes suprise me,whether u lik it or not..buhari hav won,u betr join d winning train.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sir gudluck u have really done well for nigeria May God bless and keep, we also blv that Buhari will do a more better job than you did, May God bless NIGERIA.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Exactly what a good leader should do. Not threatening to make another man's regime ungovernable. I salute you mr. President

    ReplyDelete
  24. The north would have been burning right now if it was buhari that was defeated.Buhari's brothers(the hausa-fulanis)would have killed more than 10000 innocent nigerians by now.and Buhari would have kept quiet as he did in 2011.Nigerians just rewarded wickedness by electing Buhari

    ReplyDelete
  25. Only a few can act this way looking at what Buhari did in 2011. Yes, we rewarded wickedness with fair play. I hope Buhari and his supporters learn. They win, they scare people. They lose, they kill people. Smh! May God of justice fight. Because I don't care if Buhari dies tomorrow. His wickedness has not been forgotten. He who lives by the sword dies by same thus says the bible. You know Buhari's true color after he looses an election and when he is in power not the pretense of campaign

    ReplyDelete
  26. Is it true he was ones a dictator?.Damn!...... Africans we should be watchful of our colonial masters involvement into our politics, they want a yes sar on the healm take gives away our resources and hard earned taxes

    ReplyDelete
  27. There is no how u will please people no matter how hard u try, Jonathan has tried and he has shown that he is mature and learned. Lets watch and see how Buhari will change this Nation when the likes of Tinubu, Amechi, Rochas, El Rufai etc are working with him.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321