Why I turned down $7000 World Cup bonus-Courtney Dike | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Wednesday 12 November 2014

Why I turned down $7000 World Cup bonus-Courtney Dike

Nigeria U20 Falconet, Courtney Dike, has finally explained why she rejected the $7000 bonus given her by the government.An acceptance of the bonus would have meant losing her almost $35,000 annual football scholarship at the Oklahoma State University under NCAA rules.

In her statement via the office of the media officer of the Nigeria Football Federation,the 19 year old said.
“I would like to respond to what I have been reading on the internet about rejecting bonuses.I am delighted to play for Nigeria whenever called upon. I knew before leaving for the U-20 World Cup that I would not accept any bonuses.
Acceptance of prize money is against NCAA regulations (the division 1 collegiate governing body) here in the US, so that is the main reason for rejecting it.Knowing this beforehand, I still chose to represent the country because I believed the experience would be more valuable than the money, and I was right,” 

22 comments:

  1. Choı! Asa Nwa! Orı Akum! My sugar banana! Olowo Orımı.. See fine footballer chaı!! This öne no be like that other Gurl wey be like bush baby. what's her name sef? Whatever jorr! IT İŞ WELL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. More like not trying to eat your cake and keep it still.

      Delete
  3. Wow her smile tho.....So priceless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the NFF will make good use of her bonus or prize money

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thats wisdom
    more gist: www.ayodejibolaji.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wisdom at work! Fine girl too.......

    ReplyDelete
  7. Got real mind I tell ya.
    www.akintoms.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This business of giving free gifts and am nit anyway ariund Nungeria at the moment is not good ooo @Emeh what about your fans ho are in Kenya like me? I want gift ooo I have missed out alot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahem sorry for the typos I used my phone on this coment

      Delete
  9. She looks so beautiful unlike all those other female turned male footballers with abs. She took a wise decision

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm. I'm impressed. And we have no such policy in Nigeria...

    *Nonny*

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's jst too fine, smooth & clean 4 a futballer #BBM shock smiley# kisses, darl'

    ReplyDelete
  12. hmmmmmm, cool

    ReplyDelete
  13. Next time, pls collect and give me

    ReplyDelete
  14. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    Thats my future wife ryt there though....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  15. The very first Nigeria pretty footballer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Pretty female footballer keep utilzing ur talent

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awwn... this pretty girl, I saw her play the other time..

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321