How I overcame depression-Halima Abubakar | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Saturday 8 November 2014

How I overcame depression-Halima Abubakar

A while back, Halima Abubakar took to social media to beg people to stop hating on her with comments on blogs because it makes her depressed...The actress who is now at a happy place in her life told the Tribune her depression started in 2013 after a heartbreak,,She also opened up on how she overcame it
"Especially in 2013. That year was rough for me. I went through series of emotional challenges. At some point, I had to speak out that I was quite depressed. I was a bit down and didn’t want any more of people’s judgments. Even that didn’t help. People took advantage of that too. I had to learn to win the war through self-healing without any more help from people. One of the nuggets that helped me survive that stage was a conciliatory understanding that, that which had caused my pain once made me happy. It once filled me with joy and love."
She continued..

"I am more understanding and mature now. I wasn’t mature in the beginning. I allowed everything that hit me pull me down. But now, I can take the heat, any heat. To be fair to the media, they have been good to me. They have to sell. Bloggers have to make money too. And I do not blame all of them for the stories they have published about me. I only have to say that they should not break somebody for profit. The media should double-check stories before publishing."

19 comments:

  1. Sound so good... IT İŞ WELL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same tin TMZ did wen I broke up wit Nicky they wanted to bring me down with their fake stories. Buh tank God I'm ova it now, cyber bullies can make one to commit suicide cuz it will be like the world is against u.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Atinuke hw far na? Short time na hw mch?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Late comer. WelcomeToMaturedMinds.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Who get Atinuke number o? As she dey shame 2 reply me here hw mch she dey collect 4 short time...make I call her nw. Abeg who get her contact?

    ReplyDelete
  6. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    "conciliatory understanding" this babe dey really blow grammer o... Well i wish her all the best....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emeh she is appealing to you and your colleagues in the game not to break people down for their own advantage

    ReplyDelete
  8. I promise not to insult you for a week

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God u overcame it. Depression often leads to suicide

    ReplyDelete

  10. Thank God you overcame your depression

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good one. Am glad for you
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Haters alwaz gonna hate, juz ignore negative comments n live ur life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Always keep your goal in mind while you work towards it. Never let anybody discourage you and never ever give up. You are sure to succeed. Good luck Halima..!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. People will always have something to say, you can never please them......just do your thing, stay strong and focused! Thank God you are back on track strong girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Emotional challenges not me.Absolutely nothing moves me talk more depression.U learnt the hard way

    No shaking

    ReplyDelete
  16. strong babe nice chick.loving you now.sory abt ur depression. may Jesus heal u and make u rejoice IJN

    ReplyDelete
  17. my queen halima

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321