Meet 25 year old Lizzie Velasquez who was once tagged"World's Ugliest Woman" | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Friday 2 May 2014

Meet 25 year old Lizzie Velasquez who was once tagged"World's Ugliest Woman"

This will bring you to tears...25-year-old Lizzie Velasquez was born with a very rare  syndrome that is still undiagnosed(Only two other people in the whole world have it). The condition prevents her from gaining weight .
Before people knew about it, she was bullied and insulted because of her "look".A few years ago, she was named the world's ugliest woman in a video which went viral..She is now a friend to many celebrities, a motivational speaker and earns a good living because she din't let it weigh her down..

..In a recent interview with E,she opened up on getting past the hate..
"It's a process that I had to figure out, of how to handle negative comments. When I was younger, I would just sit there and read every single one and obviously, it was awful. There were times when I felt like people were physically putting their hands through the computer and really hurting me on purpose.There's days where I'm like, in my mind, ‘I wish I could tell this person something!' But it's not going to accomplish anything. It's just going to be me sinking down to their level and a never-ending battle of hiding behind a computer screen."If someone compliments me on my eye makeup, I get really excited, because I can only see out of one eye, so I'm literally putting makeup on blind."
You think you have issues with your looks then you see a lady like this and feel foolish and ungrateful...  More photos below


 She also has over 90,000 followers on instagram who tell her how beautiful she is and encourage her





24 comments:

  1. Speechless but do those commenters mean what they are saying?

    ReplyDelete
  2. R those commenters saying d Truth or its ironically being said?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about her condition but why lie to her. Oyibo's are hypocrites .I'm in Moscow now so don't curr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fool you are in ghetto part of Lagos

      Delete
  4. Wow, wowza infact Wow x2

    PS:- Don't trust intagram followers. Hanhan.. Liars oshi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. People are spiteful and mean. I wept when I first watched on Tlc. The world is wicked plc, never make fun of ppl who can't do anytin to help demselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear!!! Speechless.....
    A Spray A Day Keeps The Funk Away- How Do You Tell Someone They Smell Bad?- click my name to read more and share your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who remembers the IDE twins that act Yoruba movies?? This is the female version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwwww!Indeed her sight got mi to shed a tear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sad tale with a promising end...So many people are going through a lot, but I'm glad she's using it positively to influence. I don't think her Instagram followers are mocking her....just as the whites are great at bullying, they also know when to rally around and inspire someone. Those kind words are simply act of love to keep her sane and alive from committing suicide. I recently worked with a young actor who is a exact male replica of her....except that he is Nigerian. We all have an unlimited capacity to love. The only thing that limits us from loving others are the 'conditions' we place on loving. Its not difficult to see that if she had a bit more flesh on her, she and her smile would actually be beautiful. It takes more than just eyes to see real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sad tale with a promising end...So many people are going through a lot, but I'm glad she's using it positively to influence. I don't think her Instagram followers are mocking her....just as the whites are great at bullying, they also know when to rally around and inspire someone. Those kind words are simply act of love to keep her sane and alive from committing suicide. I recently worked with a young actor who is a exact male replica of her....except that he is Nigerian. We all have an unlimited capacity to love. The only thing that limits us from loving others are the 'conditions' we place on loving. Its not difficult to see that if she had a bit more flesh on her, she and her smile would actually be beautiful. It takes more than just eyes to see real beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. She has beautiful hair n is very confident of herself. People like dis, actually give u more reasons to thnk God n stop complaining abot unimportant things.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yea, we have a case like hers too in Nigeria, the IDE twin , they normally act Yoruba films. Some pple av the kind of disorder too, they just not coming out, don't say it's only three Pple that have it in the whole world, research my dear

    ReplyDelete
  14. For pregnant women hummm, let me not talk am. May una no look oh abeg oh.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now this is someone who needs plastic surgery, but nah, she's comfrtble in her skin. Not like dem white celebs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Dear Lord Jesus, forgive me for all those times I complain about my brown marks on my face, forgive me for every complaint iv ever uttered against myself. I reverse ol those complaints. I am grateful father for who you have made ne to be. Thank you Lord for this pretty soul that is so so soooo brave.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful hair and smile

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really beautiful.because true beauty is within. Not outside.

    ReplyDelete
  19. U dnt need to have all d plastic surgery like celebrity before u feel beautiful,beauty radiates frm within us nt our facials. She is beautiful wit a beautiful soul nd spirit.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321