Indie Arie blasts the Grammys for robbing black artistes in an open letter | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Indie Arie blasts the Grammys for robbing black artistes in an open letter

Grammy winner and Soul singer Indie Arie has openly condemned the Grammy Awards committed for cheating the black artistes who were nominated.Also expressed her disappointment that they didn't even mention late Nelson Mandela
Many agree, this year it was "some type of way"
Her letter below
@Kendricklamar WAS robbed, BUT he was not the only one who was robbed. Personally, I was pleased he was able to perform and they KILLED! IT! One of the FEW moving moments of the night for ME.
Though it’s called “Music industries biggest night” the #Grammys are NOT about the music, it’s a popularity contest. The voting process allows people, to vote on name recognition alone - the music industry politics is a whole NUTHER conversation.  Too much to go into here.

The American Music Awards is a show that awards sales and popularity - the #Grammys are SAID to be about the music.

If the hip hop community voted on hip hop -  r&b COMMUNITY the same -  same for each category - we’d see winners that reflect the MUSIC ITSELF. We all know that’s just not the way it goes.
NOW the BIGGER losers, are ALL of black music. Where was the black music community represented in last nights #Grammy show? Performers and Winners (or not) … Where were the black artists?
And this isn’t the first time the #Grammy’s has had a show all but excluding young black America and black artists in general, although we set the worlds musical trends. Why NOT televise the lifetime achievement awards of the Isley Brothers? SURELY they deserved to be on televised stage LAST NIGHT! While other artists were on stage TWICE?
The truth is in a perfect world diversity would matter, and respect would be rampant, but the TRUTH is, The #Grammys is a television show, and in THAT world ratings reign supreme.  So, in general, bigger names take the stage, and sadly the biggest names often times ARE BIGGER drawn along racial lines from the release of an album. i.e. marketing dollars, and just general support.  It’s unfortunate.
I don’t even get surprised any more, but, it still hits my sense of fairness, because I KNOW many of the artists who are overlooked. I LIVE in that world. We keep showing up and subjecting ourselves to the game, hoping MAYBE we’ll win. I was so HAPPY to see @Kendricklamar take that stage - because it is a FORM of winning, at LEAST, he was SEEN.

P.S. No mention of Nelson Mandela at ALL? … and THIS is why we NEED the Image Awards AND the BET awards.

28 comments:

  1. I wanted to raise the alarm but even though i shout nobody go hear me..... Hw best song go be LORDE song, were is started from the bottom frm drake follow go...... Seriously those organisers need heavy slap.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Started from the bottom for what?

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. I agree oh. That macklemore guy taking best rap album, best rap song and all. While Kendricks with his 7 nominations didn't win even one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As in eh,d Macklemore dude's own na him pain me pass_and d mdf even had d guts to send some sarcastic ish to Kendrick abt being sorry for robbing him. If he was truly sorry,he shoulda rejected d award on d stage nah. Mtchew!!

      Delete
  3. Yeah! Indie is right ,evrything she said (wrote) makes brain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agreed totaly God help black people

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol Kanye said it and we thought he was being crazy. He said it's an award for the whites. Even the performers are mostly white. They didn't even give Kanye an award

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder wot nickname pweety will call her,is it "In In" or "I I" or even "A A" lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep my girl Ind Ind spoke well. Ken Ken (Kendrick) called me crying with Dra Dra (Drake) It was a sad day for me. We all cried together.
    Whooop I'm organizing a party for my chuwawah, took her to the spa for a diamond facial. You are all invited. Dress code :all white. Whooop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nne have u taken those ur drugs today?

      Delete
  8. Black people sing trash so why should they win? I'm happy I'm mixed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ur still black since ur not a white person no gulp urself cos noone will see u and think ur mixed

      Delete
  9. Okey!!!! I somewhat agree but wz az mandela got to do wt d grammy? Huh! Does she even no d mandela story at all? I doubt coz if she does she wudnt cheapen him wt d grammy? Mandela is not even suppoz to be in dsame sentence wt d grammy..... Afta mkn a point driven letter u spat on it by mentionin mandela! If u don't NO indie, MANDELA is gr8ta dan d grammy u can grumble on kendrick, west, bla bla sh*** buh plzz don't cheapen d man caled madiba..... Go back to ur history books if u don't know jack... If u ask 2pac, MJ shud b d nly grammy winners eva.(R.IP)..NO white is worth one sef... Indie nice one but read more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your name should be jump and pass..mr historical analyst(for ur mind)...you are d one who is suppose to go and read history book nd nt her....?you dint calm down to Digest her point vIew of/towards mendela,in her write up...all she ws try tosay in essence was..not evn an award of tribute was awarded to mandela wich is very bad...cos u don't how lengendric mandela was...!!!..
      Dint you see the spEech ronaldo made towards mandela when he collected the 2014 ballon 'D high which in attendance were great men all over d world with high delegated personalties nt to speak of 1 yeye award called Grammy....understand the content of ones write up or article b4 u speak defamatory ur words about the person

      Delete
    2. Well said Desmond. You get small sense for your coconut brain

      Delete
    3. Lol! *At coconut brain @ desmond! No be small cocnut brain wey u get,its *view * and not *vlew* Thank me later,I'll saoon inflate ur salary cos na soso bomb u dey type(throw).lol

      Delete
    4. *soon* and *coconut*. I dey sleep in my airconditioned office as I dey type.lol

      Delete
    5. This anon 16:04 na small mad person

      Delete
    6. Anonymous 29 January 2014 16:04: You too don throwey Hiroshima bomb. Hahahahahaha! It's *coconut* and *soon* and not *cocnut* and *saoon*. For the fact you corrected your stupidity 3 minutes later doesn't mean your taboon/gbagun did not happen. The correcter is now the corrected. LMFAO! For you, typo error isn't an excuse OK. Thank me later.

      PS, You wish the slow rotating fan in your office will suddenly transform to an air conditioner right? Keep wishing. By the way, it's air conditioned and not *airconditioned* It is not one word. I thought you were an English writing expert.... you should know better. Thank me after you have held your hands on your head saying fuck! I fucked up. lol.

      I rest!

      Delete
    7. Chioma it is tabon and gbagaun... not the rubbish you typed...oversabi! Thank me later!!!! hahahaaa

      Delete
    8. For an irritating person like you, Oversabi is actually your first name. My dear, " / is a symbol used to separate ......" Therefore, either of the 2 words can be used to describe your earlier mistake. It is either you choose tabon or gbagaun (as you spelt it). Actually, using *and* is saying(typing) the same thing (with same meaning) twice. I am sure oyibo wey get English call am tautology.
      Also, since neither Taboon and gbagun ( As I spell it) are English words I can spell both words however I like. Yoruba isn't my 1st, 2nd or 3rd language. Sorry you hear!
      I just hope you are learning from me so that when next you go about blogs correcting people's grammar and typo errors you'd do that with a sense of knowing I am waiting for you.

      Don't thank me. Just accept these free education I have given you and accept you too de throwey bomb as grammatical errors. Oya run to your mummy.

      Delete
  10. blacks in america are second citizen..proud to be Naija..first citizen tinz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. abegi!! first citizen of poverty and corruption!!!!

      Delete
  11. Bet awards is racist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is called Black Entertainment Awards for a good reason. Strictly for Blacks. Now if they sideline one Black for another doesn't make it racist. It's a Black thing, You won't understand.

      The BET Awards were established in 2001 by the Black Entertainment Television network to celebrate AFRICAN AMERICAN and OTHER MINORITIES in music, acting, sports, and other fields of entertainment over the past year. ( Always ask and Thank Google before you come and spit shit up in here).

      Delete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321