Getting married again has been difficult-Steph-Nora Okere | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Saturday 2 May 2015

Getting married again has been difficult-Steph-Nora Okere

Veteran Nollywood actress,Steph Nora Okere has opened up on her failed marriage and why it's not been easy to get married again. In excerpts from a new interview with Vanguard,she said...

Your marriage to Lanre Falana did not last. Why?
I was never married but I was involved in a marriage process which got truncated along the line. Marriage begins with paying the woman’s dowry, traditional and white wedding. All these did not take place. My family didn’t support marrying a man who kept one woman in one place and plans keeping another one in another place. I attend Catholic church and the marriage process in Catholic, begins with the intended couples tendering a marriage certificate issued by a court to the church. This was the main reason we were in court in the first place.
Was it cultural differences that led to the break up?

Not at all. It was based on personal conduct and irreconcilable differences . We were not living together. We had the court marriage in July and he went abroad September. Only for him to come back like a year and half later.
You said in an interview that you had no regret about your ‘’truncated marriage process.’’
That is because I am not a party to pretense. That marriage would have made me a sad woman. I have learnt not to judge a book by its cover.
Any plans of marrying again?
It has not been easy. You hardly can differentiate between a man who truly wants you as a woman because he feels for you , or one who wants to be seen with a known actress. Some men can go as far as taking a bet over you because you are a known actress. But when a good man comes around, I will settle with him. However, my Bible has not told me I can not make heaven as a single woman.
Do you feel lonely as a single woman?
How? Because I am not married? Why should I feel lonely? I have my family. I have brothers, sisters, friends and neighbours.

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Is this not Jim iyke sister? Just passing. God will grant your heart desires.

      Delete
    2. Maryam she's not Jim's sister o. But they once dated. I heard she's fetish sef. I'm surprised she's talking about making heaven. It is well

      Delete
    3. Keisha dear people change, not good judging someone frm der past.

      Delete
    4. Its well don't worry u will meet a good guy that will marry u

      Delete
  2. MR EDDY said this heat wan kill person o.


    Shit happens my dear.. Try harder...
    ^
    ^
    ^™THAT EDO BOY.COM~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry dear, it will happen at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "However my bible has not told me I cannot make heaven being a single woman".. May God grant your heart desires..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea men do take bets on women..its really crazy and uncalled for because you end up toying with her emotions, hear, efforts and time. God will grant you your heart desires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. U have family,friends,brothers and sisters but u are lacking the best among all,which is children,woman think wise n time,age is not by ur side

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good interview and reasonable answers. May God bless u and grant ur heart desires......I was however very distracted by the picture.smthg isn't right abt it.maybe it's the dress
    Nadine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dnt wori d right guy will come around, maybe u guyz wer not meant for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is well with you Steph

    ReplyDelete
  10. May your own man locate you! It's well

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321