Charles Novia slams Chika Ike's Manager ,calls her an Industry lap-dog | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Friday 14 November 2014

Charles Novia slams Chika Ike's Manager ,calls her an Industry lap-dog

Just incase you haven't been following this story, during Chika Ike's recent Dubai trip, Charles Novia criticized her for showing off ....Her manager  Serah Donald then took to social media to blast him, calling him a failure and a jealous under achiever ..Well, Charles Novia has given a wicked response on his blog titled A SALVO FOR SERAH

I have mulled a bit about how to put out a riposte to a character called Serah Donald who went on an uncouth rage against my person on social media recently.My first reaction was to ignore her as I saw through the statement that she really had nothing to say but perhaps wanted to gain some little fame through an open insult directed at me. And so I did.

But in retrospect (and knowing that most things put out on social media are usually twisted the other way to suit such whims, as it were) I decided not to really let it rest but to perhaps give a riposte on some of her rabid tirades.
I use the word ‘rabid’ because the impression I have of this Serah, which still persists, is that she is somewhat of an industry lap-dog and one whom I have met formally only twice in my life and fleetingly too because I did not want some of her fleas around me..
I was introduced to her in 2007 in Los Angeles while I was attending a film industry convention on Nollywood where I was one of the Speakers on the positive trajectory of an evolving Nollywood. I vaguely remember some less-than-Plain-Jane looking lady staring at me in a manner which unsettled me a bit. To her, it could her been a fawning look but to me, from my perspective, it looked like a deviant character from a horror movie giving me the looks! It was my good friend, Stephanie Okereke ( now Linus) who was graduating from the New York Film Academy that period, who formally introduced her to me before I understood why she was awestruck.
‘It is a great honour to meet you, Sir’, Serah said and went on to gush about how she was a big fan of my movies and actually reeled out some of my hit titles she had watched. I believe I was told then that was a student of the New York Film School at Stephanie’s flat in Los Angeles where this Serah was perhaps squatting or was somewhat of a personal maid or something I can’t be bothered to remember .
I completely forgot about this young lady and never saw her again till sometime in 2013 in an event organised by the Tourism Ministry at the Civic Centre in Lagos. I pride myself in having a retentive memory for faces and when Serah and her Principal, Chika Ike, walked up to my table to greet me, I instantly remembered her face, though now overtly padded with some hideous make-up. We exchanged pleasantries and she took my number.
I took the pains to reconstruct how I know this young lady so as to put to rest any other misinterpretation by the usual busybodies. And also to dismiss her silly insinuation in her statement that I was the one who met her in California! On reading her guttersnipe against my person, the first thought which crossed my mind was that perhaps her Principal, Chika Ike, might actually be in cahoots with her in putting out that statement because if, as Serah claims, she is Chika’s ‘Manager’, (who in this clime and industry are usually glorified messengers) it might be the case of the tail wagging the dog.
This Serah Donald crossed a line of decorum by calling me names. That is not new within the circle of her ilk who are sometimes critiqued by me in professional articles but what is irksome is her blatant disregard for seniority within the industry. Whilst her lack of manners is actually a vindication of one’s perception that she actually might be obtuse by inclination, it also is proof of lack of home training. And such reduces the value of a Lady’s Bride Price in this part of the world, for any unlucky Gentleman in her regard.
What does one really say to an errant cretin, notorious from feelers for being an industry groupie who finally found anchorage on the muddy shores of one whom she claims to manage? If posting pictures of an average actress who mistakes facial recognition for ‘stardom’ in the belief that the public must be forced to reckon with the ‘arrival’ of her Principal in the social circuits, is what makes her a Manager or perhaps a Publicist, it goes to show the shallow mentality behind such reasoning.
I have always been amused by some usual suspects who abound in the movie industry and portray a life more hyped than a life less lived. That amusement has now given way for a personal investigation and a soon-to-be-announced public analysis. Within the industry, it is well-known how much an actor or actress earns. The public displays of sudden wealth by some of such personalities, is very misleading to many among the gullible public. We know the sexual dalliances which many of such engage in with the hoi poloi in our land which more often than not brings much disrespute to my sector. What such characters do with their private lives is entirely their business but when the lines become blurred between private indiscretions and selling dummies to the public, then it behoves on the level-headed and moral brigade to ask questions.
We have to ask questions because almost every young girl who aspires to be an actress in Nigeria today believes that a little fame is all that is needed to get some rich ‘mugu’ to shower her with material wealth. And so, an industry which is supposed to be the bastion of family values has suddenly nosedived into a cesspool because of the antics of such ‘Publicists’ like Serah.
And when you ask questions publicly, you are labelled a hater? Gosh!


May I use this medium to call on the Tax Authorities in Nigeria to immediately begin investigations into the income of the actors who make public their material acquisitions. It is time we remove the veil of hypocrisy these people have on their faces by going after their tax filings. If the Tax Man goes after these self-styled instagram celebrities, many would think twice before assaulting our sensibilities with such questionable lifestyles.
And when people like Serah asks questions about my own material pedigree with the assumption that I am broke and envious of the success of those who are critiqued, I actually feel pity for such. To Serah and her ilk, it’s all about money. That is the level of thought propounded by lobotomised reprobates. Those who are comfortable through an honest day’s work do not flaunt their lives and wealth on social media. It is the groupies, the morally decadent, those who engage in serial prostitution whilst hiding under a toga of false celebrity adulation, who must let the world know that their hypocritical sexcapades with the high and mighty actually yield dividends. Instead of living their lives with some measure of discretion based on their sex romps, they try to hoodwink the public with paid articles on blogs and newspapers that their entertainment careers actually made them such money. Ridiculous!
I turn 43 in a few days (and I don’t tinker with my age, please!)and my career speaks for itself. With over 40 movies produced, a star making contribution to Nollywood, an intellectual legacy to my industry and country and membership and fellowship of prestigious film festivals, associations and entertainment organisations all over the world, I do not lack. I have earned my right to be the voice of an industry I love.
The most stupid conclusion one can draw from this Serah’s rant is the ironical reality that the money she purportedly enjoys from her Principal in the form of the laughable exotic holidays is not even earned by Serah herself. Her antecedents as an industry lap dog who chases after the juiciest bone is known to those who bother to scrutinise her lifestyle and life. Such are the adventures of Hangers-on and lap dogs. For fear of losing their crumbs at the feast table, they must bark in stupidity rather than bay at the dimming moon of their unfortunate lives .
I am not taking pleasure in upbraiding Serah. Whatever smirks and snivels I have on my face is actually a reaction of pity for her. I am told she has produced a couple of rag-tag films as well as an uncompleted Project film for the NYFA. A life not complete is a life in limbo. And so, I understand that she must feed on the success of others to move on in life. It’s all well and good.

There is a final destination for the uncouth. And boat rides or yacht photo ops do get there too!

64 comments:

  1. Charles, Thunder Rape your pıkın mama! Na who you want make hım read this crıncrın crancum Novel.. You are sick exchangıng words wif a lady! IT İŞ WELL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read d rubbish. E pain me sha.

      Delete
    2. U said you didn't read the articule n yet you are ranting n being rude like Sera,u simply lack decorum n home training..must you omment?

      Delete
    3. Charles sister.. Why are you insulting svc? Shewa ok??

      Delete
    4. tank God say na half i read am reach,rubbish english,no communication

      Delete
    5. @martha, you very stupid for that reply.. Wıf that your round face like sawachop...(Guanabana).. IT İŞ WELL

      Delete
    6. That charles is a stupidman for exchanging words with a woman. I can see hes lots of time

      Delete
  2. Wen I saw it was abt Charles Novia I knew the epistle will be times 5 of 9jabornyankeebased's post. So I decided to skip and comment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao. You cracked my rib with that comment.

      *Nonny*

      Delete
    2. Krkrkrkrr..foolish boy

      Delete
  3. Mrs charles owl eyes novia said serah is resorted to cheap name calling while u came down to that same level to call her cretin,ugly and a prostitute.he went as far as involving chika ike who hasn't replied his madness.mrs charles owl eyes novia,ur beef is with serah,why do u feel the need to constantly include chika who seem not to notice you?look at the ugly thing that's calling another ugly.go and resuscitate ur dead career,I get am before no be property.u were once a producer,now u are a mere cheap gossip,barking angry dog.silly woman.why don't u go to the market square and start fighting pepper sellers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know u but I hate u honestly!woman wrapper!mtchewww..u that like insulting people,I would really like to see what u look like.Ode!

      Delete
  4. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    Mr Novia no longer makes sense on his write-up again, all he does this days is look for trouble nothing else.....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone read and summarise for me.Charles really were u expecting me to read this??Smh.Two mad toothless Bulldogs.

    No shaking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay no shaking .
      The man dey talk say craze craze don begin to come small ,small from him village .
      He also say he no get work again so he wan take style like Belinda come gather name .
      He come add say him be nwa -ada for him town so he dey practice the thing he go talk
      for land sharing .
      He say if una sabi any hospital way dey treat madness ,that's ALA OPUPU way still still lay down for incubator make una biko contact ha ka o tryaa luck ha for that side .

      Mr please grow up ,inugo

      Delete
    2. Pls the last comment was for the Charles .

      Delete
    3. @Anon u killed me with laugh.Infact I have being shedding tears from laughing.Which kind summary be dis?where u for read all these?Characters full this blog sha.Kaiiii

      No shaking

      Delete
    4. Ha ha hahahah ah ahaaaaaaa, your aim is to kill person with this your summary@ Anonymous 16:36.. OMG! hahahaha, cant stop lufin!

      I have nothing to say to you! u just want to kill me that's all!

      Delete
    5. Hahahahaaa..laffin my boobies out..

      Delete
  6. Charles novia is an attention seeker, stupid man, industry lap Pussy cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Mr Charles should take a chill pill. These people work hard for their money, it's nobody's business how they spend it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only never do wells, see the fault in other people's success.

      Delete
    2. So u av done well by writing this? MAMA, PARK WELL.

      Delete
    3. Anon 16:53 Stop stalking people's comment. That's my opinion, what's ur own?

      Delete
    4. Stupid faceless whatever, are you human or programme. Why are you so pained, yuck get a life

      Delete
  8. true talk my brother

    ReplyDelete
  9. SUPU....the man can blow english for africa...kaii..cant believe i just read this long essay..lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tea smell ur armpit while u are hating.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this write up.U the man Charles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. if a man can batter words with a lady this much, then i have nothing to say oshi !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I sincerely cudnt read this. But if u feel u are respected Charles, then u shudnt be barking all the time

    ReplyDelete
  14. Charles Novia make u forget that thing jor..stop insulting others and. Face ur life.so if u were to be our LORD JESUS christ. U not won't allow people to Rest oh....see face ur life direction jorrrrr wetin conern u leave judgment for bab GOD,u think how to becme grater can't u see d lives of most white men.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Only in Nigeria, celebrities spend more than what they earn, nd still dont get probed
    Mr. charles am with you on that
    but mehhhnn!.....if the Serah read dis grammer finish,,,,,she go jux kpai ahswear

    ReplyDelete
  16. Word!,Charles.I so love this guy.Totally blunt. 'Lobotomized reprobate' indeed!
    Love or hate him,he says it as is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Word!,Charles.I so love this guy.Totally blunt. 'Lobotomized reprobate' indeed!
    Love or hate him,he says it as is.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This guy can speak grammar for Africa. Like 80% of that essay, insult. The other 20%, grammar. I didn't read Serah's reply to him but whatever she wrote must have pained him very much. I really don't think he should be exchanging words with a woman, very immature to me. Well, it's his time, his hands, his laptop and his personality.

    *Nonny*

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Charles Novia, always love his write-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  20. U dnt exchange words wt chics on social media mehn, but I totally agree wt him. These actresses need to stop making der private life public, to avoid all dis unpleasant name calling.

    ReplyDelete
  21. 9jabornyankeebased's mentor! I stopped half way, Yawning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wheeew.......I think the reply he got was excruciatingly painful...for him to have descended and stoop so low to have replied her....!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I kinda love charles write-up. He knocked d nail on d head gbam.for d first time i agree with him on this issue and his english is damn good mehn.kudos but u shouldnt poke ur nose into other people's business in as much as u re right.if chika ike n her lap dog as u referred d gurl to be are bitches n even prostitute to earn their holidays and lifestyle bros na them sabi as much as dis ur epistle is really nice i dont think serah or her principal is gonna change .so why write that long bros charles

    ReplyDelete
  24. Charles and his controversial articles. I actually thought I was the only one wondering how these celebrities get to spend much more than they make. It's their lives but they should stop forcing us to swallow it and not expect to be criticized.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I agree with him totally,he is so blunt and straightforward,he says it as it is,some people will definitely hate him,those who don't like being told the truth,well articulated and well written,I guess. The lap dog sera should take a cue on script writing cos she was just ranting when she wrote her insults..well done charles,guess I will start reading your blog, you writ so well.love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lısten, moron, if you're going to try and ınsult me, at least be grammatıcally correct. I am too busy mentally correctıng your errors to be offended. You fuckıng donkey! IT İŞ WELL

      Delete
    2. LMAO @ SVC, what is all this about , ahahahahahahahaha! i will not die in this blog haaaaaa characters!

      Delete
  26. With over forty movies, Mr Novia deserves some respects, he has put smiles on our faces and should be accorded honour

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. on ur face o,is it doz naija movies dat one can see nd touch spirit?wher d only form of accident is to drive inside d bush nd nxt scene is hospital?abeggy

      Delete
  27. Charles Novia should be ashamed of himself.Which of his movie is a hit?He produced rubbish films that are meaningless.He should go and relax.

    ReplyDelete
  28. See somebodies father fighting with a girl on social media, your children will really be ashamed of you,

    ReplyDelete
  29. Story for the gods am aint reading dis shit release d audio copy rubbish all this novel just to insult a hardworking girl take several seats jor.

    ReplyDelete
  30. na wa o,which kain write up be this?....mshewwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  31. Please Nigerians. He is a critic that's what critics do. Here they call it hating .Ride on Mr Charles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. u see u?does a critic insult?say wot u know ok

      Delete
  32. Lazy Nigerian youths,you couldn't even take 10 mins to read the article and most of you are already quick to say the stupid thrash you have on your warp minds .....Ignorant lazy youths

    ReplyDelete
  33. Never commented on this blog. It's amazing to read people's reaction to an enlightening epistle like this. I dare say people generally don't like to read. The only time people bother to read is when it's bad stuff or like they say "juicy gossip". If only people can be objective in their reasoning and be true to themselves, they'd probably see this man made a lot of sense in this article

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You took the words out me!

      Delete
    2. Blog analyser: 1 million likes

      Delete
  34. Please who still write with such bombastic Grammer abi terms..thats so not done anymore that's so 1960s Grammer.!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What is enlightening about this? Calling a lady names like ugly and using words that are not supposed to be used by a responsible man? Charles is a shameless man.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321