Blogger's Diary-My unforgettable airport encounter with a Blog reader | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Saturday 30 August 2014

Blogger's Diary-My unforgettable airport encounter with a Blog reader

It was one of those days when I was feeling generally down for absolutely no reason.Bad face day,bad hair day ,bad mood day.Around 2 pm, I received a call from a long time acquaintance to come to Abuja to attend an event and just see the town once more.Usually, I would say no.First of all,I have a phobia for planes.The recent air disasters have only aggravated my fears.After asking for a minute to think about it,I got on the phone and asked....
"Is it safe? Hope no Boko Haram?(dumb question i know)
I was assured of my safety.I had two choices.Leave yesterday being Friday, or leave today being Saturday.I decided to leave yesterday ,as long as it wasn't a night flight.Flying in the day was bad enough, at night was a no no.
  My flight was booked for 4pm and considering the traffic in Lagos, I set out of the house by 2pm.I must have gotten to the airport around 3pm. Heading for the ticket counter, I stood in line and waited for my turn.I noticed the pretty female staff looking at me intently and still managing to attend to customers efficiently.

"I must look funny,I thought to myself, or maybe she just likes me"
Getting to my turn, I walked up to her, telling her I would like to confirm my ticket.
You are miss petite right? 
I looked up..Yes I am,i said with a slight blush 
Wow,nice to meet you Miss Petite
While I was basking in my 1 second of fame she called on her male colleague
 See miss petite.This is Miss Petite .*he rested his gaze on me *
" She is Miss Petite? Are you miss Petite? He said,scanning me from head to toe"
 *Damn I should have worn heels,or more makeup.I masked my thoughts with a sheepish smile*
 I was uncomfortable.Yes, I'm used to being recognized by readers but..turning around,a gentleman had just arrived and stood behind me.
He looked more like someone who lives abroad(in a good way)I scanned him because as a blogger, I take in my surroundings and people around me .Well maybe because he had an aura..wink

Anyway,the male staff kept sizing me up and then he said Miss Petite, nice to meet you.
 I was about to collect my ticket when another guy checking in luggage said
 "Miss Petite, you no suppose dey fly economy oh.Next time, fly first class"
Chai , see embarrassment.I smiled ,said my goodbyes and proceeded to the waiting lounge.

As I sat, the last guy's statement kept ringing in my ears
 Fly First class,Fly First class,Fly First class..
I tried to blog but the network just didn't connect,so I was just watching people when I looked up and briefly spotted that gentleman who stood behind me earlier.We locked eyes for a second and he walked away.
 Finally, my flight was called and I boarded. Looking for my seat which was 8a,I spotted him 2 seats away, trying to place his bag .Placing my bag above and finally finding my seat,he walked up to the same seat.

I took my seat by the window and was surprised to find out his number was 8b.I had barely settled in when he said
  "Do I know you somewhere"? 
 'Yea right' I thought.After witnessing what happened at the counter, this is next.
 "No you don't
Seriously,I think I know you." he insisted while  peering into my face
 I looked at him straight in the eye
 "I don't think you know me because I don't know you.
"Oh you are trying to make me think hard.I know I know you.
Well, It must be because you witnessed my encounter with the lady earlier"
Looking confused, he retorted "Oh really, nooo I didn't even notice you or listen to the conversation to be honest(ouch).But I know I know you.Anyway,since you don't want to tell me, will figure it out "
Whatever .I thought silently.Same men trying to hit up a girl on a flight.So typical
He was concentrated on his phone, as if searching for something.Then he exclaimed
 "Yes,I knew I know you.You are Miss Petite Nigeria
 I smiled slightly.Not because he recognized me, but because it was obvious he heard the airline staff say it .How smart
 "Emeh right?"
I stopped in my tracks and looked at him fully for the first time.I smiled.He knew me for real because those attendants didn't mention my name.He started laughing
 So you just wanted me to figure it out.My name is Hakeem.You don't need to tell me your name because I already know you
He extended his hand for a handshake and I offered mine,ignoring the ebola warning signs in my head.
I'm so inlove with your blog.I admire you,especially your diaries.You are a good writer(Head swells)I fell inlove with your blog when I read your diary about Bovi's Man on Fire show.(Here) I have been hooked ever since.And the one about your encounter with the senator,"(Here)
 I was genuinely thrilled.This was a genuine reader and follower of my blog.Refreshing*
 " .*We laughed* I haven't been to Abuja since then."(This was in response to his question about still being in contact with the senator)
I didn't even notice when the flight took off*the scariest part*we kept chatting like we had known each other for years.He asked me what I was going to do in Abuja,I told him basically to attend an event considering the fact that I rarely go out .He said he was going to Abuja for a meeting that same evening.
  "Where are your parents? He inquired
  "Oh ,my dad is late".I replied
"Oh I recall, sorry .Your tribute to him was so lovely(Here).Nice of you .He must be so proud.
Asking about my family, I told him we were 5,I was the first...
Wow.You are a strong lady.Really strong.I admire you for that.
At that point in time,I grew emotionally weak. Talking about my family,my siblings breaks me down emotionally .He could literally see tears well up in my eyes
  Oh no you trying to cry..You are very emotional.I am too.I'm drawn to that.
He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze and I looked out of the window, into space,my fears gone while I reminisced about my dad and all the things he wouldn't live to see.For a brief second, I thought I saw his face in the clouds,telling me to be strong,and telling me he would always be there. I smiled, and tuned my attention back to Hakeem who was fiddling with his phones
   What, your phone is on? Won't it crash the plane?
I said ,fear enveloping me once again. He smiled and shrugged off that thought.My eyes resting on his second cute gadget which was placed on the middle seat separating us.Since I use a lot of gadgets, my inquisitive nature got the better part of me .
"Is this a phone?I haven't seen it before"
Oh yes it is.but it's actually difficult to make calls with, but very good for music,you could use it like an ipod "
 "Oh, that's cool" I said gazing at it .He picked it up and said
 "You can have it" .
"Oh what..noo.You don't have to".
 "No,seriously, you can have it.As a matter of fact, I'm giving it to you as a gift."
He said, taking out his sim card,copied some numbers and handed it to me despite my protests.

 I was overwhelmed by his kindness.Only then did two men suddenly turn around to look at us with shocked expressions. At that point, I realized they had been listening to our conversation all along ,probably wondering how it ended up with him giving a phone to a girl he just met.

I was looking at my new gift while he stood up, got to his bag and removed the charger and handed to me.I was thrilled not just because of the item in question, but because of the gesture.

 He settled back and we were intercepted by the voice of the pilot who said we were 10 minutes away from landing .
I thanked God for taking me to that point safely and for making me forget my fears while we chatted.
He told me about resigning to fate when it comes to plane crashes since he travels by air constantly.He also shared some scary flight experiences and said the dangerous part of flying is the take off and landing "
As he said that, the plane landed on the runway and I held my breathe like oh my God
 He laughed
" We have passed the scary part,why are you scared" We are on the runway already,the landing is when the plane is descending " he kept laughing 
 We disembarked from the plane and just then did I notice we had to pass through  an ebola scan.
He went first, and honestly, though I don't go out much,my heart was beating fast as they scanned him .Putting the device to my ear,I was certified Ebola free and walked up to join him.
Congrats ,he said of my ebola free status.
 I smiled and thanked him for making my flight stress and fear -free

 We shook hands and while he proceeded to claim his bag,I went off toward the exit while thinking,"Flying wasn't such a bad idea.Thank you Lord for Miss Petite Nigeria blog, Thank you for life....And hell yeah, thank you for my chance encounter with an amazing blog reader

64 comments:

  1. Nice write up girl! For ur mind o! Lol. Free gadget jus like dat. May God bless the guy n replenish his pocket. ( stil waiting 4 ur mum's diary ooo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hekeem am waiting for my own gift

      Delete
    2. Lmao we are waiting Hakeem. Not just Emeh o

      Delete
    3. And u guys didn't exchange phone numbers? Story.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Nice one emeh! Be strong n kip keeping on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emeh your writeups always make me laugh Emeh.Please blog reader, I am travelling to Abuja from Lagos on Tuesday,Dana 2:30pm,come and fly and make sure you bring a new phone to dash me too lmaii

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Post picture 1st , so I go know whether to bring Techno or Iphone

      Delete
    2. @anonymous bwahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa\\\

      Delete
  4. Oya Emeh u av collected ur own cum and give us our own oooooo. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eh eh, Emeh toh badt. Lovely and funny write up. I will do thanksgiving for that phone on your behalf

    ReplyDelete
  6. the guy will start disturbing you soon,Niggaz don't give things for free..hahahaha,seems Dencia loves your Blog too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm Emeh d Emeh, na you oo... I knw say this story no end for here oo, u didn't tell us abt d contact no exchange *winks*.... Baba God abeg dy send this kin ppl my way oo. Back to you Emeh, too true, u don dy develop love nwantinti for d guy shee?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm Emeh d Emeh, na you oo... I knw say this story no end for here oo, u didn't tell us abt d contact no exchange *winks*.... Baba God abeg dy send this kin ppl my way oo. Back to you Emeh, too true, u don dy develop love nwantinti for d guy shee?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emeh Just like that. Lord send me my helper. I want a man to dash me house lmafo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant story Emeh. You blow my mind each time and if I saw you, would probably do same

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always look forward to reading your real life stories.
    How long will it take to publish that book ?
    C'mon girl you know you can be the next mills if you really want to,make it happen.I DO REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU AND WISH I'M A MAN.DAMN IT !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Emeh you write from a real place. That's why I not angry when you don't do diary's often. I've come to understand you write only real shit, excuse my language. You are truly the best writer I know as far as Nigerian females are concerned. I say this because you don't have an editor, and you write like it's a joke and don't take yourself too seriously.I've had so many experiences and wish I could tell them beautifully like you do. Keep it up,you are a star and deserve every gift or kind gesture

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hmmmn he likes you because men don't just dash things lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Emeh you love "free tinz" ... And from your write up I gather d ticket was free too, and d 'invitor' is also a man. Watch urself oh. Hehehe. Meanwhile you promised to blog about your mom someday. We waiting....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hakeem I have a crush on u o, you chatted her nicely and sweet get in touch lol Emeh u b star o...#DivaDelicious

    ReplyDelete
  16. Emeh you were the one with sponge hair, white dress with oil stain and torn slippers. I saw you from the VIp lounge where I sat.talentless girl

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ashawo :p. Just kidding o

    Plus the so called 'ebola gadget' is just an infrared thermometer biko.

    Very nice write up though

    ReplyDelete
  18. Emeh are you sure the conversation was this innocent? Lmafo you don't fool me with your innocent face.You write beautifully. Can't stop emphasising the fact that you need to write a novel

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww at the write up and lmao at the comments. Emeh you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww at the write up and Rotf lmao at the comments.Miss p you are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I need a new phone. I have to confess this my cheap Nokia is giving me a hard time. I have never used plane but bus. Help me Meet my own hakeem. I know I have admirers on this blog Cryingggg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just show us ur face den we can help u out... IT Ä°Åž WELL

      Delete
  22. Emeh my fav blogger. Keep climbing higher..You will continue to find favour

    ReplyDelete
  23. Emeh, the stıngy gurl.. You like osho free! Common to dash us recharge card na prıson break.. You better sell the gadget and dsıtrıbute card to we you blog readers.. Mr. Hakeem, the good samarıtan, hope u are not dısturbıng my pretty, Rabbıt teeth Emeh ön fone? Sugar, ön neutral ground ı love ur Write up becos u kılled it.. May you be blessed among the bless.. IT İŞ WELL

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol,thaank God for bringing emeh back to us safely,so emeh how is abuja?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice one Emeh, I tap into your blessing too!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you Emeh for writing this.... No be every guy wey meet chic for somewhere wan do bad thing... Girls really need to start appreciating that fact.
    I kinda understand why the guy gave you that gadget... This is the Emeh he's admired for a long time, and seeing her face to face, he just wanted to do something nice.. With no strings attached(I hope).. But it is possible for guys to want nothing in return from doing something nice for a girl

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looool,father Lord snd my hakeem 2 me bikonu *prayer point* bcos of hakeem I fit go abj 2moro oooh#packing# #enroutABJ##hakeem##newfone#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rotf lmao!!!!! Naija girls I dey hail oo.You Go fear prayer point. On Muslim name.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha prayer point on Muslim name

      Delete
    3. Lol see hashtags.Naija girls I bow

      Delete
  28. Very interesting Emeh!!! But, was d guy blind.., only i pod stuff, no invitation for Emehlitious...ahh me i dey in love oo Emeh

    ReplyDelete
  29. Now I know you're a good writer.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Baba God plz a Hakeem provider...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Baba God plz a Hakeem provider...

    ReplyDelete
  32. too much story.. don't u know how to summarise? o ga o

    ReplyDelete
  33. Yep!dre r stl nice guys out there.Lord I need nice friends in my life

    ReplyDelete
  34. @Anon 15:11 awwwww is that you Hakeem?
    @Emeh I could literally see the sparks flying between the both of you...sighs...there should be a sequel to this.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Emeh abeg if you're not interested,hook me up biko. Me need me some hakeem *love struck* btw thank God for bringing you back to us :*

    ReplyDelete
  36. And #Hakeem started trending on Miss Petite Naija blog.Great Job Hakeem,may God reward you.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hakeem bless me too with Gold iPhone. I will manage

    ReplyDelete
  38. Naija girls, I bow for una. Hustlers. Now na Hakeem bless me. Even mumu Truth

    ReplyDelete
  39. Beautifully written plus the comments are just hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  40. Nice write up..... Felt like i was watching a movie. For all y'all wishing a hakeem ll just give you a brand new gadget just like that remember you are not emeh neither are you miss petite......... It rained seriously in enugu, weather 's cold i had to get high on mac dowells....... Right now i need about 2 or 3 rounds of ***........ **RhymeTime**

    ReplyDelete
  41. So I went out today asking every guy is saw with phones, what phone is this? Hoping one will dash me. All of them said "Why are you asking or are you a bush girl? Sad Where is my Hakeem?I don't have money for flight, will look for my Hakeem in a bus

    ReplyDelete
  42. nice as always Emeh...ur diaries give me life!!! Hakeem pls locate me o...lol

    ReplyDelete
  43. Really nice writeup Emeh. I always look forward to your Diaries. Good one Hakeem, God bless u for reaching out.

    ReplyDelete
  44. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Brilliantly written wow, ur indeed gifted. D story jus went off smoothly to d end, pls der shuld b part 2 o.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Lol really cool story. Emeh you can write sha

    ReplyDelete
  47. Awwwww! Lovely write up,Emeh!!! U are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  48. BLOG ANALYSER: wow! Miss Petite Nigeria is huge, intersting, educative and fun. Surely, more blessings are on the way.I wish I was the one that met u. Emeh oooh! That pic attached in that pic shows love in the eyes of the lady, is she representing your feelings? Lolss.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Emeh is such a talent and gentle woman,fire on gurl

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321