All religions are true:You don't have to believe in God to go to heaven-Pope Francis declares | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Sunday 29 December 2013

All religions are true:You don't have to believe in God to go to heaven-Pope Francis declares

He was named Time Magazine's Person of the Year and this is not unrelated with his very open persona and approach to issues. In a letter written by Pope Francis to the founder of La Repubblica newspaper, Eugenio Scalfari  he stated  that non-believers would be forgiven by God if they followed their consciences.The contents has no doubt shocked many including many Catholics who think he is becoming too liberal..For those who missed it, read and decide below(I must say,,it makes a lot of sense)
“All religions are true, because they are true in the hearts of all those who believe in them. What other kind of truth is there? In the past, the church has been harsh on those it deemed morally wrong or sinful. Today, we no longer judge. Like a loving father, we never condemn our children. Our church is big enough for heterosexuals and homosexuals, for the pro-life and the pro-choice! For conservatives and liberals, even communists are welcome and have joined us. We all love and worship the same God......


 “God is changing and evolving as we are, For God lives in us and in our hearts. When we spread love and kindness in the world, we touch our own divinity and recognize it. The Bible is a beautiful holy book, but like all great and ancient works, some passages are outdated. Some even call for intolerance or judgement. The time has come to see these verses as later interpolations, contrary to the message of love and truth, which otherwise radiates through scripture. In accordance with our new understanding, we will begin to ordain women as cardinals, bishops and priests. In the future, it is my hope that we will have a woman pope one day. Let no door be closed to women that is open to men!”
 “because Muslims, Hindus and African Animists are also made in the very likeness and image of God, to hate them is to hate God! To reject them to is to reject God and the Gospel of Christ. Whether we worship at a church, a synagogue, a mosque or a mandir, it does not matter. Whether we call God, Jesus, Adonai, Allah or Krishna, we all worship the same God of love. This truth is self-evident to all who have love and humility in their hearts!”

24 comments:

  1. I dont wanna judge but this is a clear wrong doctrine. How would u got to God's house if u didnt even think he
    exist? Am a roman catholic but this is so wrong. Tge last time was supporting gays. #Demn why tge world blind n deaf sane time. God must surely prevail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAI!!!
      This was a satire. It started in an American based blog.
      PEOPLE, THIS ISN'T REAL.
      A Satirist wrote this.
      Pope never said it.

      By the way if he said I(w he didn't) don't you think it'll be in the top News channel, his website, twitter ?

      Don't believe everything you read folks.

      Satire!!!

      Delete
    2. i suspect that this pope is an illuminati member. Whenever he speaks, he supports one negative thing or the other. I will follow what the bible says biko. Besides the pope is a human not God

      Delete
  2. He is right. What of those who are in the caves and have never heard of Jesus or the Church? When they die would God still condemn them to hell for what they didn't know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not saying jack concerning this particular issue or article, what I know is I live life the right way and whatever I do I'm always considerate... my conscience plays a lot in my daily life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a proud catholic. I always had issues with some of our doctrines and even many Christian beliefs. I'm totally happy about this statement because one thing that has always plagued me is the division and hatred that religious segregation has caused in this world. I've always thought that is is wrong to 'box' God - for man to say what God would do and what God would accept. The major thing all religions in the world preach is love. And God is love. I have never thought that by being one religion or sect one has more right to heaven than the other. It is about love, kindness and empathy. That is the best way to show the Godliness in human beings. I love my pope. And I love a leader who does all he can to see that love, unity and peace exists above all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i do not expect any thing less 4rm him, then i wonder y we cal ourselves if d bible does nt av d final say in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God change?? The Bible outdated?? The Bible says we should study to show ourselves approved, before you accept anything, pls read it for yourself. Pope should read his Bible well and stop trying to be on the good side of everyone. As Christians, we will be prosecuted, Christ promised us that. Everybody will not like us

    ReplyDelete
  7. "The Bible is a beautiful holy book, but like all great and ancient works, some passages are outdated"... Matthew 24:35 NIV "Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away".
    “God is changing and evolving as we are"... Numbers 23:19 GNT "God is not like people, who lie;He is not a human who changes his mind.Whatever he promises, he does;He speaks, and it is done".
    “All religions are true"... John 14:6 GNT "Jesus answered him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one goes to the Father except by me".

    ReplyDelete
  8. U go to church or musque everyday yet u cant feed d less priviledge,u beef ur neighbor,kill,steal,abort,adultry

    ReplyDelete
  9. these are signs of the coming of Anti Christ doctrine ...shine your eyes ....soon they may ask you to collect number 666 before you can buy any thing in the market ...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Point of correction God is NOT changing or evolving, He is the same yesterday, today and forever......He changeth NOT
    Since I was born and that I'm older I have NEVER seen my Saviour changing.

    Lies of the devil and I am Catholic. Gods standards are God's standards, they will never be changed, modified or deleled to suit us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is what Okotie was saying. Even though is approach was wrong

    ReplyDelete
  12. John 3:16. Nothing more, nothing less. God is love but he is clear about his rules. Do not be decieved.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Don't be sad ma'am. The Pope never uttered these words.

      Delete
  14. LOVE leads ...all I ve to say is that we should love one another irrespective of our religion ,belief...turnoff the hate . Love has no limit . God is LOVe.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Before you believe what you know is not true, please check the origin. Illiteracy is a disease! For the avoidance of doubt, the second and last Vatican Council Meeting formally opened under the pontificate of Pope John XXIII on 11 October 1962 and closed under Pope Paul VI on the Feast of the Immaculate Conception in 1965.

    http://diversitychronicle.wordpress.com/disclaimer/

    DISCLAIMER
    The original content on this blog is largely satirical.

    “I ceased in the year 1764 to believe that one can convince one’s opponents with arguments printed in books. It is not to do that, therefore, that I have taken up my pen, but merely so as to annoy them, and to bestow strength and courage on those on our own side, and to make it known to the others that they have not convinced us.” – Georg Christoph Lichtenberg.

    It is in the spirit of the above quote that I write. Who am I you may ask? My name is Erik Thorson. I created this blog for my own personal amusement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to have included the line, "Illiteracy is a disease" in my post. It was not intended for Emeh nor her readers. I wrote this earlier on my wall when I saw lots of people posting excerpts of the Pope's purported speech in jubilation. My wife reads this blog religiously and when she told me she saw it here I just hurriedly copied and pasted it here. I think this blog is next to Linda Ikeji - The originality of the posts stands it out from other copycats.

      Delete
  16. Emeh give yourself brain and update this post with the info your kind reader have supplied you with regards to the origin of the post. And stop being lazy and irresponsible by posting such without investigating and verifying its authenticity. Mindless copying and pasting will be the death of Nigerian blogs. I'm a fan of your blog, a catholic, and someone who recognizes that there are people who will cling unto words of spiritual leaders without much thought and this is utterly misleading. You should be careful with what you post and think of the implications. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *kind readers. Forgive my typo.

      Delete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321