Man found innocent after spending 2 years in jail for rapw | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Sunday 31 December 2017

Man found innocent after spending 2 years in jail for rapw

Danny Kay, 26, of Derby, who spent more than two years in jail for a rape he did not commit, had his conviction quashed after a relative uncovered a series of bombshell Facebook messages - missed by police - that proved his innocence.

In the latest rape case to highlight failings in the criminal justice system, The Mail on Sunday can reveal that the jury at Danny Kay's 2013 trial was only shown doctored transcripts of crucial Facebook chats between Mr Kay and his accuser.

In an exclusive interview with the MoS, Mr Kay said archived versions of the original messages - proving he had consensual sex with his accuser - were found by his sister-in-law, Sarah Maddison .


When she showed the Facebook exchange to the officer in charge of the investigation, he said: 'How did you know how to find the messages and we didn't?'

The Appeal Court heard earlier this month that police relied on an ‘edited and misleading’ account of the Facebook conversation that was given to them by the complainant in the weeks after she claimed she was raped by Mr Kay.

Mr Kay, 26, said: ‘Even now, with the conviction quashed, I still can’t believe that it took years of pain and stress for this nightmare to end. And the terrifying thought is that if the police and justice system could fail me like this, it could happen to anyone.

1 comment:

  1. .
    ADANNA THE MYSTERIOUS ABA GIRL, SHE CAME LIKE A GHOST AND VANISH LIKE A WIND
    True Life Story

    Novelvibes.com.ng


    Enjoying my sleep in the evening around 8pm on saturday, na 10pm i dey take sleep before but since no food to chop i gat to sleep and put the groaning worm in my stomach at rest, i havent slept 30 minutes wen my phone rang, i check the caller na blessing.

    Me: baby whatsup

    blessing: i don tell you make you nor dey call me baby again, where you dey?

    me: i dey my house na where you expect make i dey before?

    blessing: your girlfriend house na.

    Me: i don tell you na only you be the girl wey i get.

    Blessing: na who be your girl, let my guy catch you, your own don finish be that, abeg i don buy that laptop come help me check am weda na better one and to configure am for me abeg.

    Me: abeg make am tommorow i dey tire and i wan sleep.

    Blessing: abeg na i nor fit watch film for inside self and i need to keep myself busy.

    Me: call your boyfriend na

    blessing: i don tell you my guy no dey leave here.

    Me: na who come dey sample u na?

    Blessing: sample what?

    Me: sorry nothing.

    Blessing: e better be nothing rotten mind, by the way i cook rice.

    Me: am on my way.

    Blessing na my coursemate for one polytechnic wey dey MCC aba, i don try chike the babe many times, but the babe dey form strong head for me, but since she want something from me then i must get something in return apart from the rice, we must balance the equation, afterall one great man say, “For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction”. There must be an opposite reaction today oh.

    ingredient nor dey dey her food but the food dey sweet well, she is dark in complexion not too tall, her behind not too big and not too small, her b----t is average also, as for me am fair, hairy and tall.

    I put on my clothes and took my phone and my earpiece why i head to her place, her house far small sha but i gat no choice, i must consume that rice oh, i check the time 8:45pm, everywhere is dark nobody dey road, e be say people quick enter house today oh, maybe na the wether cause sha,

    i was walking slowly enjoying the music booming from my earphone like tecno Boom J7 when someone flash light from behind, i removed the earpiece i heard a lady voice from my back calling my name “ozilla” i turn back i saw nobody, na who come call my name na, e be like say the hungry don dey make me hear different things, i pocket my phone and continue moving i fasten my footstep, half way to her place i heard the voice again, a slick tender voice from my back, “why are you moving fast” i look back again i saw nobody, oboy na which kind thing be this na, i run oh because this time i heard it clearly, i ran as fast as i can till i get to blessing house. i didnt hear her till i reach her house, she live in a fence house but no gate, her room was build separately beside the main building just like a store, one room.

    I knock on her door, she didnt answer, i knock again and i heard ” who is that”

    Me: idiot na me open the door.

    She open the door and i enter and i quickly closed the door.


    Get full Episodes here on this blog

    Www.Novelvibes.com.ng

    Welcome to Novelvibes get all your novels, Stories, Whatsapp stories, fictons, and many other things on Episodes at Novelvibes.com.ng read more

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321