Mercy Aigbe -I wasn't fighting over best dressed list but inferior treatment of Yoruba actors | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Mercy Aigbe -I wasn't fighting over best dressed list but inferior treatment of Yoruba actors

 Mercy Aigbe has set the record straight regarding her outburst at Thisday Style after she failed to make their Nollywood's Best Dressed cover..According to the actress, it had nothing to do with being best dressed ,but the fact that Yoruba actors are not regarded as part of Nollywood.She told Encomium magazine
Why will I be fighting because I was not on the list of the best dressed actresses of any paper or magazine? After all, I don’t dress because I want anybody to rate me. I only try to wear whatever suits me at every occasion. So, the point I was trying to make has nothing to do with best dressed list. “My observation for quite some time has always been that those of us in the Yoruba movie sector are always being underrated.
They have this erroneous impression that we’re not educated, so we should be treated as ‘rass’, local and second class actors. We’re not worthy of being celebrated. So, I am still asking, is it because we’re doing indigenous movies and that’s why we are being denied robust media attention being enjoyed by our counterparts in the English movie sector?
“They rarely address us as Nollywood stars, instead prefer calling us Yoruba movie stars. I think this is the right time for those who came up with the Nollywood identity to come out and tell us if Yoruba actors are not included so that we can also form our own wood. Or those categorizing us are the ones creating an impression that we’re inferior because we’re into Yoruba movies. I think there should be an end to this embarrassment. Imagine publishing a list of the best Nollywood actors and not even one Yoruba actor was there. Or are they saying we’re not worthy of being celebrated?”

8 comments:

  1. Well,she's sying d truth but don't allow it affect ur self esteem! Ride on girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has some point tho! If they should let them if they are not part of Nollywood so they can also form their own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wetin this Y woman they talk self? if u cant beat the u join them. You wont see Funke Akindele complaining abt this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mercy abeg ,it was written Nollywood best not AMVCA night best dressed . you wore the best dress not the even the best hair. there was no need for the cry out cos some people were in the industry b4 you , Omotola wasn't present for the AMVCA night but she was in the picture for Nollywood best dressed. my opinion

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I think she deviated at some point, for all I know the best dressed thing was why her fans gave their backing, though she dresses well and represents too, as for the latter, I wouldn't know..!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. when people dont read...they will never understand . social media generation! Mercy i think you allowed your fans {though i'm one } to mislead you ...simply cos you were tagged to a post of Nollywood best dressed you tot it was AMVCA night best dressed. SORRY in Justin Bieber.s voice

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe thats her own personal opinion

    ReplyDelete
  8. She's saying the truth.. either u accept it or not.. the only issh is why had to air this opinion after the Thisday issue came out.. it was contradicting.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321