House wife to sue Edo govt N100m for loss of pregnancy | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Thursday 31 March 2016

House wife to sue Edo govt N100m for loss of pregnancy

A housewife, Mrs. Oghosa Ejemai, who allegedly lost her seven-week-old pregnancy following an attack by officials of the Edo state government, Wednesday threatened to sue the State Government for the sum of N100 million for assault.

Mrs Ejemai who spoke in Benin when she was presented to journalists by the Publicity Secretary of the Edo State chapter of the PDP, Chris Nehikhare, at the state secretariat of the party, also claimed to have sustained injuries, as well as lost her goods during the alleged attack.

She singled out the State Commissioner for Transport, Mr. Isimeme Iriogbe as the one who supervised her alleged beating and assault along with his staff.

She explained that she was in her shop at 14, Mission Road, Benin City, at about 5:00p.m. on February 2, 2016, when some people led by the Commissioner stormed her shop and started packing her wares, adding that, in an attempt to prevent the commissioner and his team from taking her goods, she was slapped and hit.
“They tried to push me into a vehicle, hit my head and fired shots into the air. People came to my aid that day. I was taken to the Benin Central Hospital after which I reported the case at Oba Market Police Station.
“The third day, I started bleeding. So I went to the hospital. At the hospital, the doctor confirmed that I had lost my seven-week-old pregnancy.
“When they called me to come and pick my goods, I only saw about five per cent of the goods taken from my shop. They told me to take whatever was available as they don’t usually release seized goods,” she narrated.
Commenting on the plight of the woman, Edo PDP’s spokesman, Nehikhare, said members of the PDP could not fold their arms and watch Governor Oshiomhole and his agents unleash terror on the people of the state, adding that, the governor has a knack for dehumanizing citizens and residents of the state.
But in a swift reaction, the Commissioner for Transport, Mr. Iriogbe said Mrs. Ejemai was trading along the walkway and had attacked officials who came to clear the walkway of traders and their wares.
“She was trading along the walkway and she accosted the officials that were clearing the walkway. She almost tore the dress of one of the women who was removing the wares. By going to the PDP for her press conference, it means her blocking the walkway was political.
“I expect her to be at the court and we shall meet there because the court is for everybody. I acted decently and I did not beat her,” he said. ‎
PMNews

4 comments:

  1. There's no way they can kom to ur shop and seize ur goods for no reason. Madam u were trading along d walkway and yes, u were politically motivated to say all dis! Otherwise where's d proof????

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one concern her. shebi na if dem go fit pay her the money. see her mouth like 100m naira

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guy, Dem no dey sell belle 4 onitsha...

      Delete
    2. Madam I don't think this can work for u in this country

      Delete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321