Girl, 18 narrates how grandma was killed in Benin (Photo) | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Wednesday 23 March 2016

Girl, 18 narrates how grandma was killed in Benin (Photo)

Joy, an 18-year-old secondary school student in tears yesterday narrated how her grandmother, Mrs Clara Uwaifo, 65, a retired headmistress was shot dead by a neighbour whose family has been at loggerheads with her grandmother.
Weeping uncontrollably, Joy said:
 “At about 3:00p.m when my friend and I entered my street returning from school, I sighted my grandmother walking opposite my direction, she was holding a bag and walking towards our house with one Agbangbanyan son following her closely. As I ran to assist her take the bag inside, I accidentally hit my foot against a stone.”
Narrating the killing of her grandmother further with tears rolling down her cheeks, she said: 
“Then my grandmother was approaching the gate, suddenly, I saw the Agbangbanyan son who was wearing blue jeans trouser and a light milk shirt raised his shirt, brought out a short gun and shot my grandmother on the back and ran away.
According to her:
 “My grandmother fell down, I ran and raised her shouting mama stand up!, mama stand up! Help! Help! Help me!, mama looked at me, shook her head, I begged my grandmother not to die.
“One brother now rushed out from our house, joined me and my friend to carry her in Keke Nape (tricycle) to hospital where they said she was dead”.
Joy had linked the killing of her grandmother to a quarrel between the two neighbouring families to the day a member of Uwaifo family entered the compound of the Agbangbanyans’ to pick their fowl that strayed into the premises.
She alleged that members of the Agbangbanyan family started accusing her slain grandmother and her children of being responsible for the death of their daughter one Oghomwen, who died in Indian.
As the quarrel persist, joy said and threat to kill their grandmother, a petition was written through their lawyer to the commissioner of police, as nobody was invited for interrogation.
 
Inside sources, however, linked the incident to cultism as the male children of the Uwaifo alleged to belong to a rival cult group of that of the Agbangbanyan’s.
The Agbangbanyan’s family compound is currently deserted as non of the family members are ready to speak to press.
 
The Nation

4 comments:



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321