(Photos)Baby Catches Herpes After Receiving Kisses From Family Member | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Friday 25 September 2015

(Photos)Baby Catches Herpes After Receiving Kisses From Family Member

Do you let strangers have mouth to mouth contact with your baby? A mum has learnt the hard way after her baby contracted herpes by kissing a family member  .Claire Henderson, a mother from Doncaster, England posted pictures of her newborn to Facebook .She captioned the pictures with a message to moms as to why it’s important to not let anyone, including friends and family kiss your baby:
“Please share this with every new mum and pregnant woman you know… COLD SORES CAN BE FATAL FOR A BABY. Before 3 months old a baby cannot fight the herpes virus. If a baby contracts this it can cause liver and brain damage and lead to death.
I know this sounds like I am scaremongering but if my friend had not told me about this my baby girl could have been very seriously ill. I noticed the signs early and got her to A&E, we have now been in hospital on a drip for 3 days and have got another 2 to go. She was VERY lucky, all her tests came back clear. The moral of the story is DO NOT let anyone kiss your newborns mouth, even if they don’t look like they have a cold sore- 85% of the population carry the virus. And if someone had a cold sore ask them to stay away until it has gone. Everyone who I have spoken to had not heard of this before and so I felt it was important to share Brooke’s story and raise awareness to stop anyone else going through what we have this week.”

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry baby,u are healed........I wish to tank Olayemi,Vizzy,Sandra,Spicycynthia,Miss Ima and chioma Agu for making me feel loved by wishing me a happy birthday,as u celebrated with me,may ur wishes and dream come true. Thanks,I love u all.....*kissesandhugs*

      Delete
  2. Poor baby! Very strong and stout baby.. IT IS WELL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is to all those that kiss (with spit and all) a baby. I hate that thing eeeeh Mothers be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    Nna this is no doubt a big lesson.. I just hope many will learn frm thi
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tank God the baby did not die.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321