Red Meat now linked to cancer | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Wednesday 31 December 2014

Red Meat now linked to cancer

Red meat may be linked with cancer because it contains a chemical that is unnatural to the human body, scientists say.

Previous studies have linked red-meat consumption to a number of cancers, especially colorectal, breast, prostate, ovarian and lung cancers.

Now, U.S. researchers believe the culprit is a sugar molecule called Neu5Gc, found in beef, pork and lamb.

When eaten, the body sees it as a foreign substance - and the immune system attacks it.This leads to inflammation in the body, which over time is known to promote the formation of tumours.
Dr Varki said : 'Of course, moderate amounts of red meat can be a source of good nutrition for young people.
'We hope that our work will eventually lead the way to practical solutions for this catch-22.'
In fact, selective breeding could allow farmers to reduce the amount of NEu5Gc in meat, and it may be possible to develop an antidote to counteract the cancer risk.
How Red Meat Causes Cancer
The sugar molecule Neu5Gc is found in red meat such as pork, beef and lamb.It is not found naturally in humans, but it is in most other mammals.
Because of this, it is unnatural to the human body.
When humans eat meat, the molecule pervades tissues.
The immune system attacks it, causing inflammation.
Over time inflammation has been shown to cause tumours to form.
Previous studies have linked red-meat consumption to a number of cancers, especially colorectal, breast, prostate, ovarian and lung cancers.
Culled from.Dailymail Uk 

24 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have known dis eva since.I mostly take fish,also red meat doesn't digest for 2days.Too much of evrytin is just bad

      Delete
  2. BLOG ANALYSER: so many diseases attached to red meat. God pls help me to aviod it entirely come 2015

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything causes cancer now, Aneway I reject it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh but I love beef especially wen is fried

    ReplyDelete
  5. I choptıze not.... IT İŞ WELL

    ReplyDelete
  6. tnk GOd am a fan of pomo ooooo pomo rpcks any day any tym.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So it is ponmo u will always b cookin,or if u ar in a party if dey serv u meat,u wil return it nd say is ponmo I want,may God help us jare...I reject any form of sicknes dt d devil may wnt to use to manipulate us ijn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I reject it all IJN...amen!
    In as much as I love kpomo, I can't be eating it all the time nah. God na ur hand we dey!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I won't stop eating red meat 4 anything. .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MR EDDY said.
      Not even for my sake?
      ^
      ^
      ^™THAT EDO BOY.COM~wishes u merry Christmas and a happy new year.

      Delete
  10. Choi, red meat the meat of life...lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dis scientist dem hmn;smtimes red meat is healthy, smtimes not, na wah.
    1 American man is even a dedicated raw meat eater, grrrrrr *spits*; dat d meats saved his live wen he was sick.
    God save us…

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think its better to heed than to start running up n down for cure later in life.even if u wanna eat it at all make it once or twice a week

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always known that too much red meat isn't good for the human health. But red meat and cancer* Damn!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MR EDDY said.
    Thank God I don't even like meat sef.
    ^
    ^
    ^™THAT EDO BOY.COM~wishes u merry Christmas and a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Red meat I say goodbye.My chef will be making strictly seafoods for me

    No shaking

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any way I love eating fish...its well GOD keep protecting ur children

    ReplyDelete
  17. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    Their business bcos me and red meat will never depart......
    *GLO BRING 3G TO KONTAGORA*
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321