Meet the Man who Killed for Love.. | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Saturday 15 November 2014

Meet the Man who Killed for Love..

At the age of 22, Wasiu Kadiru thought he had it all, especially when he won the love of a woman of his dream, Barakat, whom he de­scribed as the most beautiful gift of God in his life. Little did he know that the passion he had for her would destroy his life in the nearest future.

Trouble started barely a year into their marriage, when he discovered that he was about to lose his wife, Barakat to his best friend, Tunji Bello with whom she had been entan­gled in a secret romance.
Moved by rage caused by a possible loss of his wife to his friend, Wasiu allegedly slaughtered another man simply identified as Segun on the last Eid-el-kabir day (October 4) who he claimed conspired with Tunji to snatch his wife, Barakat.Wasiu in police custody, told Saturday Sun that it was the love that he had for Barakat that made him dead­ly jealous. 
“I could not live with the fact that my friend snatched my wife from me. To make matters worse, he would always remind me of my loss. I can’t believe that I am now known and tagged a murderer. In fact, my eyes opened as soon as I stabbed that man,”
 Going down memory lane, Wasiu narrated that he met his wife, Barakat in Ikorodu while he was on a visit to the town.
“She is black and very beautiful. She was actually selling recharge cards by the roadside. Pretending I wanted to buy a card, I chatted her up and we became friends. I visited her severally till she agreed to be my friend after six months of wait. The delay in convincing her, made me to fall so much more in love with her. She later got pregnant and I quickly visited her home and paid her bride price.
“All was well till I relocated her to Epe. To make ends meet, I would travel down to Lagos Island to hustle and return by weekend with goodies for my family. I intro­duced Tunji to my wife and he assured that he would take care of her while I was away. I never knew that he had plans.”
 According to Wasiu, he found it hard to believe when he started hearing rumours that his friend had taken over his wife who just gave birth
. “I did not believe it but when I confronted her, she confirmed that Tunji was toasting her but denied that they had an affair. Since she was a nursing mother, I thought it was not possible. Days before the Ileya fes­tival (Muslim celebration), I gave my wife N1500 to make her hair and another N1500 to take our child to Ikorodu for treatment. He had rashes and my mother-in-law requested that the baby should be brought to her.
“I was shocked when I called her mother and she told me that Barakat was yet to get to Ikorodu. When she finally picked my call, she claimed that she had gone to see a friend. It was then that I realised that Tunji was not also in town. I don’t need a soothsayer to tell me where she was. When she finally returned a day to Ileya, she said that she was with Tunji. I was heartbroken but my rage took over my soul when Tunji saw me the next day and dared me. He said that he would not only have sex with my wife but will marry her as his second wife. I was mad and tried to control myself from killing him.”
 Determined to toe the path of peace, Wa­siu claimed that he reported the matter to the elders of the village but Tunji refused to stay away from his wife.
“It was just a waste of time and energy because the matter became worse”, he added.
 On the day of the incident, Wasiu spe­cifically asked God to help him erase the thoughts of Barakat from his mind but he never knew the reverse would be the case.

“I was devastated and my emotions badly hurt. While we were preparing the ram that would be eaten, Tunji came on a bike with one heavily built man. They kept driving past me making jest of me. I had to draw the attention of Baba Ade (his uncle) to their behaviour. He advised me to drag one of them to him, so that he would ask the person what the issues were. I heeded his warning and tried to drag Segun to see Baba Ade. He gave me a sicken­ing blow on the head, it was so painful that I picked up the knife that they used to slaugh­ter the ram and stabbed him. My initial plan was to give him a mark that he would not forget but I mistakenly stabbed him on the neck and he bled profusely. I knew he would die and the community might set me on fire, so I ran into the bush and escaped to Lagos Island”,
 When reminded that he might be hanged or sentenced to life imprisonment for mur­der, Wasiu burst into tears and said:
“Tunji has succeeded in taking over my wife, whom I love so much. I am ready to die for the love of my wife. It is unfortunate that I can no longer be there to fight him. I am finished”.
 When Saturday Sun visited Eredo community, in Epe Local Government Area where the incident happened, Tunji was seen hanging out with some of his friends during which he was arrested by SARS op­eratives who had been trailing him. He told Saturday Sun that it was not his fault that Barakat chose to start a relationship with him

. “I met her last year and never knew that she was married to my former friend. That time, she was heavily pregnant. She com­plained bitterly that her husband was not tak­ing care of her and her unborn child. I started assisting her before I knew that Wasiu is the husband. When she gave birth, she contin­ued the friendship since I was still giving her money. I don’t know how Wasiu got to know about our affair. The truth is that if Barakat still likes him, she would not come back to me after she had been warned severally.
“I never knew that he would go as far as killing someone because of her. I thank God that I was not close by. It was my dear friend, Segun that was killed. He decided to kill him because he thought that I was making mock­ery of him.”
 When asked where Barakat was, Tunji alleged that he relocated her to Ijebu Ode where he rented a room apartment for her
. “Ijebu Ode is close by and I normally go there to work. I kept her there for her own good since her husband will be sent to jail for the rest of his life.”

Culled from Sun 

53 comments:

  1. Which kin love be that nowwwwww? Jesus died for us because God loved us so much, he did not kill someone......Ok, make i read the story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Yoruba Muslim lusts called love. Very dirty, lustful, greedy, confusing in nature and finally deadly. May deliver us from this kind of assassin Boko Haram love. Amen.

      Delete
  2. Hmmmmm@ killing doesn't prove u love some one jareeeee u just messed up things...wait make one big oil magnet come toast tat ur so called babe she go run away leave u for youndah...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel his pain sha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. This bitches aren't loyal @ all...u left a houx u No1 to a houx where u'll be No2..and not even a good houx, nor b say na one alhaji Nai she follow now o...and as for d guy, u cud av killed Ur friend, waste of killing...but I trust police to beat am shit for body

      Delete
  4. Hmmm this girl messed up oo! Chaii,
    Ok, my friend to take care of her, see how the friend took care of the wife naa......nxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. When will nigerian learn violence never pays? Are we supposed to feel sorry? D woman u killed for will find another man to love while u rot in jail, rubbish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See this foolish effeminate fag.. Go to linda ikeji blog na, Wetin u de find here? I use to tink u were victimised m bullied by ppl Bt recently I discovered dat u r a fool n a big one at that.. A shame to delta state. Silly boy that tinks linda is God cos she pays ur sch fees. Excuse for a human being

      Delete
    2. Why so much hate,wat has linda gone to do wit dis post,na wah ohh

      Delete
    3. @Anonymous, you are a very bitter person. Is MPN blog your own? What right do you have to tell someone not to comment here? What is d hate on Godwin for, by the way??? Mind yourself o. This is a happy family.

      *Nonny*

      Delete
    4. Anon 11:45, this your comment will haunt u. How dare u? Is dis blog for only u. Bully! I pray u experience bullying personally so next time u won't think of doing it

      Delete
  6. U decided to keep her there becos her husband would be sent to jail for the rest of his life. For converting ur friends wife, Mr Tunji u are a very wicked man and I hope u spend the rest of ur life in jail too

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is pathetic ...now that u going to prison will that stop her from her adulterious ways and even his so called friend i wish he had left a scar on u to remind u of ur disloyality ...some guys sha and d girl sef asewo kobokobo

    ReplyDelete
  8. In as much as I feel his pain, but then he was obsessed and not LOVE...Now another man just lost his life because of your sheer obsession over a woman.. Love is not blind, It's not associated with rage and anger..!! Well, it's your cross, but if your side of the story is true, your friend will somehow,someday pay..!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If na girlfrnd tinz...I would have blamed the guy, but wife? Which kin rubbish b DAT? Even has the gut to rub it in...You r married na..I think you can understand better..
      Person just carry pepper put for my eyes....I go kon dey smile lyk he goat on heat...My brother e hard o
      *Mr Famous*

      Delete
    2. I pıty the dude.. IT İŞ WELL

      Delete
  9. Sad stories everywhere,tomorrow will b +1 n m so happy, Emeh thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going from blog to blog announcing you birthday. Haba? Stay one place nau..I just saw the same message on LIb now. Kaii

      Delete
    2. @ Queenxrate u're such a blog prostitute! stop making noise everywhere especially here, i am the only person allowed to kick and scream, make noise anyhow i want here......NOT YOU.
      Please send us gifts so that we can celebrate your birthday well.

      Delete
    3. She is a blog what ?
      How did you know she posted same comment all over if you are not also the ashawo blog you called her .I must comment , I must bark , Please get a
      life and do something with it or shut up your leaking mouth for once . Jobless busy bodies .

      Delete
  10. This Is The Kind Of Love I Have For MPN Readers.. Ei time Ei Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. When a woman leaves you does not imply you should kill yourself or endanger the life of other. Face the consequence of your action.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mtchhhhhhheeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  13. ignorance, wickedness and obsession , not healthy at all,

    ReplyDelete
  14. D story dey make me vex#hisssssssss#

    ReplyDelete
  15. hmmmmmmmmmm na wa o i just dont know how some people understand the word'Love'

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how I wish adultery is a crime!u ll think twice before stepping out on ur spouse

    ReplyDelete
  17. @ Steveosky, talk true...you'd do the same for Kim K! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  18. @ Anonymous15 November 2014 11:41 Take it easy naaa, or u dey vex bcoz Linda is not paying your schl fees?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anon 11:41,u can't even hate properly, hating under anonymous is like calling wit a private number,u will never b known.. How is it ur business if linda pays my fees?(Which she doesn't anyway) are u jealous? My mum pays my fees for as long as I can remember,so move along,get a life! Uve said ur opinion,but it doesn't count!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Onyx d gay, u r not loyal to linda.. D only blog iknow u can't go to is sdk.. Dem go mend u for there hahAhaha effeminate onyx concentrate on ur studies instead of jumping from blog to blog giving ur daft opinions

      Delete
    2. @ Anonymous15 November 2014 13:54 SO WHY DO YOU CARE IF HE IS LOYAL TO LINDA OR NOT? IS IT YOUR BUSINESS, ARE YOU PAYING HIS DATA BUNDLES? FOLLOWING HIM AROUND LIKE A PIG THAT SPOTTED SHIT.......STOP IT, ITS NOT NICE.

      PLEASE BE QUICK UM WAITING FOR YOUR RESPONSE!

      Delete
    3. Belinda d rat head u said d truth this time , but , you r known for same crime !
      U luv posting and correcting when u r the main character of what u just criticized . Na wa 4 u o .
      pls think twice b4 posting , Anyway u r d blog busy body clown , and nobody should take u serious . u r a joke .
      @anon 14:35 , u r a disgrace and a shame .
      grow d fuck up & behave urself old fool .

      Delete
  20. Very sad story. Hw can a young man of 22 waste his life for someone that does not care abt him.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's why one have to watch the kind of Frnd one makes.....Am not happy at all, every man can relate with this guy..Even at that this guy still took his wife and rented an apartment for her to continue their affair fully....Thunder go fire that guy walahi....
    * Mr Famous

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kill for a girl? For what na?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww sad story
    But that guy isn't in love...he's obsessed with his wife, who unfortunately doesn't love him at all..its sad but u have to pay for murder! Dat ur friend nd wife go hear am too...its only a matter of time

    ReplyDelete
  24. That is why we shouldn't act out with rage cos what you destroy in your rage could be more expensive than what caused the anger in the first place. Now he is a murderer and will rot in jail for that. Smh.

    *Nonny*

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yall should get it.He didnt kill his friend for dating his wife.He simply killed him for bullying him.Most gfs are not worth fighting for.

    ReplyDelete
  26. You guys we never know what this guy wen't true,i did wen amaka broke my heart.instead of killing my best friend,i killed one lekpa chicken and ate it with one cold malt*oke*

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very sad, like I alwaz say anger don't solve anything. D wife is a demon hop she's happy nw.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Its really a pity but I don't blame the guy one bit. It could happen to anyone. I'll surely kill anyone that try to snatch my Amy George from me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. he loves her....she loves Money

    ReplyDelete
  30. Now he has sent himself out of d way & can only imagine from incarceration wat d friend is doing wit his wife. This tot alone will drive him crazy. It's a lose, lose 4 him. Just my that, if ur wife is not worth fighting 4 den wat is?

    ReplyDelete
  31. I aint gat no time for bitches,just set my eyes on riches,

    ReplyDelete
  32. Blog analyser: very sad. Terrible anger

    ReplyDelete
  33. Feel so sorry for the young man. Although his friend was a devil to him but that doesn't justify his killing someone. I dont think his gonna spend the rest of his life in jail because he could argue that he acted based on self defense after haven received a punch from the guy. Which is a reasonable argument for the judge to consider.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321