How Boko Haram Raped ,Beat & Traumatised Us-Female Survivors tell their stories | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Tuesday 28 October 2014

How Boko Haram Raped ,Beat & Traumatised Us-Female Survivors tell their stories

A New report by Human Rights Watch reveals the damage done to girls and women abducted by Boko Haram .

Its report, Those Terrible Weeks in Their Camp: Boko Haram Violence Against Women and Girls in North-east Nigeria, is based on interviews with 30 women and girls abducted between April 2013 and April 2014, plus 16 people who witnessed kidnappings.

The women and girls were held in eight different camps for periods ranging from two days to three months, after being taken from their homes, while working on farms, fetching water or at school.
A 15-year-old girl who was held in a Boko Haram camp for four weeks in 2013 said....
“After we were declared married I was ordered to live in his cave but I always managed to avoid him. He soon began to threaten me with a knife to have sex with him, and when I still refused he brought out his gun, warning that he would kill me if I shouted. Then he began to rape me every night. He was a huge man in his mid-30s and I had never had sex before. It was very painful and I cried bitterly because I was bleeding afterwards.”
 One woman said:

“I was dragged to the camp leader who told me the reason I was brought to the camp was because we Christians worship three gods. When I objected to his claim, he tied a rope around my neck and beat me with a plastic cable until I almost passed out. An insurgent who I recognised from my village convinced me to accept Islam lest I should be killed. So I agreed.”
 A 19-year-old said:
“I was told to approach a group of five men we saw in a nearby village and lure them to where the insurgents were hiding.” She told the young men that she needed help. “When they followed me for a short distance, the insurgents swooped on them. Once we got back to the camp, they tied the legs and the hands of the captives and slit the throats of four of them as they shouted ‘Allahu Akbar’. Then I was handed a knife to kill the last man. I was shaking with horror and couldn’t do it. The camp leader’s wife took the knife and killed him.”
 One 15-year-old girl said:
“I could not stop crying even when the insurgents threatened to kill me if I did not keep quiet. I kept on thinking, is it not better to die now than to face whatever terrible things they could do to me when we get to their camp? Even after I escaped from them and live far away from my village, I am still afraid. I think of death many times. My father tries. He encourages me to forget everything, but it is not easy for me. I have terrible dreams at night.
Many of those interviewed by HRW showed signs of stress and anguish, according to the report, although only the Chibok girls had been offered limited counselling.

15 comments:

  1. Shouting "Allahu Akbar" while they maim people?? Indeed Islam is a religion of peace. *smh*..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of making dem narrate d incident over n over again, der by making dem relive d nite mare in other to get headlines. Pls those human right agencies wt d help of government n d funds donated on der behalf, shuld set up rehabilitation camps, wer these girls wil b counciled n given all d necessary help to get back to life. Enuf of dis interviews, time to get into action we r talking abot human lives here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny enoff d government is battlin wit election here n dere yl people r bein raped, tortured n even slaughtered lyk goats. If d girls could escape 4rm d camp it means dat d goverment can penetrate boko harram so easily. They jst sit dere wit dia pot bele's campaignin here n dere yl pple r sufferin n bein persecuted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just sick if this country. That's why I'm in Brussels

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is no story we have heared and seen worse cases...........and yet nothing is being done......they now use the Crisis as an avenue to steal and loot money from our nation.....just this last previous month the nigeria government was accused of two different charges based on money laundry by it closest and friendly neighbour SA...which they claim it was money meant for securing arms and amunition for its milliatry personel......just recently our Dear president as ordered to secure a loan of 1billoin dollars(which I think has being released)giving the same reason......saying the money will be used to euipe its millitary sector inother to combat the crime Againt insurgency,as long as the crisis last more money will be pumped into the sector and it will keep on recycling it self just as the way they steal our money everyday........we all need to wake up and face our reality...this Government is doing us no good but evil

    ReplyDelete
  6. very sad


    Darlwyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Instead of the government to tackle insecurity and bring BH to an end once and for all, they busy with political campaigns Going frm state to state while their kids school abroad. May God save this nation

    ReplyDelete
  8. People are suffering oh

    ReplyDelete
  9. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    Useless pigs....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damned people, even killing their own Muslim fellas

    ReplyDelete
  11. hmmmm it is well....These boko peeps are soooo wicked chai...FRUITILICIOUS

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321