Why my first marriage crashed-Iyabo Ojo | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Monday 15 September 2014

Why my first marriage crashed-Iyabo Ojo

The actress and mother of 2 opened up to Nigerian Tribune on why her first marriage at the age of 21 crashed .Though now happily married to another man, she said...
I rushed into that marriage and I rushed out. Then, I was not even deeply involved in acting like now. One thing I have learnt is that the older you get, the more calmer you become and the more you reason deeply before you take action. My first marriage was very fast. I dated him for about six months and we got married. It was two different people under one roof; we didn’t really understand ourselves. I didn’t understand my ex’s way of life and I was not even ready to accept his way of life.
I came from a family where when you go to work in the morning, you come back in the evening to stay with your family. He came from a world where he could go for one week and when he’s back, he’s back. So..(continue)
that didn’t really work and that was the genesis of our problem. So, I said to myself that this was not what I wanted; I wanted more out of life and so I moved on.
I have found out that you cannot find the perfect thing in one man but there is one thing I have found in this relationship that I am into right now, and that is peace of mind. When you are experiencing peace of mind in your home, you will see that everything will fall in line. You don’t allow your stardom to get in the way of your happiness. People usually tell me that I don’t behave like a celebrity and I tell them may be I don’t see myself as one.

16 comments:

  1. Ok better for you. But who are we going to ask now? Wait until the man voices out why it didn't work, only then I will believe you.. Goodluck though !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these yoruba actresses don't stay in their husband's houses. I have been happily married for 5 years .ehy can't they be like me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She said it all. And I think her advice for we who have not learned is highly educative and inspirative beyond tribal and ethnicity borders. Thanks Iyabo and more grease to your happy humble life.

      Delete
  3. Story 4 d gods... #Blue_Rain#

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats why it's good to date well before jumping into marriage

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9c one, I'm gonna kip crushing on Emeh for 5 yrs, dis will make me knw her beta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. It is not always like that..I dated my husband for 3yrs and in those three 3yrs,I never caught him with a girl n we were almost living together.a month after our wedding he startd sleeping outside and I was heavily pregnant,I prayed,I cried,I called his father,called everybody I know to talk to him still know change.am almost due for my 2nd baby still he leaves me to go party all night..I have thought of killing bt the thought of his ghost following me is the only thing keeping me back..now I am running for my PG..with the hope of looking for work after my baby is born,then I can have something to take care of my kids without him.so u see its not all about looking before u leap..some men are camellion

      Delete
    2. Pls for d sake of ur kids biko dnt think of anything negative, d Lord wil continue to see tru n all u desire shall come to pass.

      Delete
  7. BLOG ANALYSER: Thank God for your new life.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marrying at 21 is rubbish

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God for your life. Me I'm still trapped in a loveless marriage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same with me..

      Delete
    2. ooh i really do sympathise with both of u anonymous12:25 and 15:33 for being bold to speak out and very soon God in his infinite mercy will give the both of u real love either with same man or any other person God has arranged for u and same goes to any other u good and beautiful women in bad lovless marriages! however we can be friends to share our thoughts tgther add me on bbm 7a2a2dbb.
      (9ijaborn yankeebased)

      Delete
  10. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    We don hear.....
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
  11. Early or late, if your not compatible your not.

    No shaking

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321