Why I named my twins Hollywood & Nollywood-Actor Femi Ogedengbe fires back at critics... | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Monday 9 June 2014

Why I named my twins Hollywood & Nollywood-Actor Femi Ogedengbe fires back at critics...

Nollywood actor/movie producer ,Femi Ogedengbe who welcomed a set of twins on May 27th has fired back after the backlash he received for naming his son and daughter Hollywood and Nollywood..He told BON
“Hahahahahahah Nigeria my country! The level of hypocrisy in Nigeria is just too high…..Or how do I explain the attack I and my wife have received on different blogs for adding Nollywood & HOLLYWOOD among the names we gave our bundles of Joy : King Praise Micheal Victor Tochukwu Jesuogbo Iyinoluwa Hollywood & Queen Grace Michelle Victoria Peculia Chimamaka Jesukomeh Opeoluwa Nollywood .
I guess all those who condemned us have been so blinded by Hatred that they couldn’t see all other names but the HOLLYWOOD and Nollywood…Anyway thanks for noticing me my wife and our children, but What is really bad in those two names ?
Yes , there is always two sides to a coin and everything in life is to me like an abstract art work of a genius .


It always come with different interpretations depending on how every one percieve it from there stand point …..
Most people who criticise the names gave their reason , they said ;the two industries (HOLLYWOOD & NOLLYWOOD) are synonymous with immorality .
And I wonder if they are truly alright at all because if they are normal they will know that despite some of the negative reports from Nollywood,It is safe for Nigerians to declare Nollywood day because this is an industry that has consistently put our name in the world map and when you are fortunate to travel out of Nigeria.
Then you will realise we Nigerians are the only people that are not proud of NOLLYWOOD.If we choose to look inward then queations like ; where and What would have been of Names like,
Tonto Dike, Mercy Johson, Jim Iyke Kevin Ikeduba , Odun Adekola , in a country where unemployment is at it highest level.
I for one will still be in the back street of Mushin hussling or dead like 35 of my childhood friends who all died between 1990 – 1995 around wuraola in pako Eleja Area because they all decided to take the short-cut (armed robbery). But thanks to Nollywood, I am now Femi Ogedengbe! It is a pity that people will seat in the comfort of there homes,hide behind the freedom that such platform as Facebook and all other social network provide to judge the logic behind the actions of people they don’t know. 
Here in Nigerian there is a town called Umuagwo & Umueke (descendants of snakes) and you don’t think that is weird enough but some of you whose family names are something around the neighbourhood of Esubiyi,Sango these and Ogun that Join in condeming a name that has its origin in such a vibrant industry as Nollywood that has engage more Nigerian youth in one way or the other and have helped in no small measure in putting smile on our collective faces unlike the Nigeria corrupt politicians who we shamelessly sing their praise .. 
In as much as I appreciate everyone who congratulated me and my wife Nkechi Diane,the matter wey dey face Nigeria pass Femi Ogedengbe name pikinses Nollywood & Nollywood.
Abi Na bro’s Boko “insecurity” Haram we want talk about abi na corruorion we wan yan…In my little way I have addressed the issue of corrupt politician in my 1994 movie (Tear of the GHETTO)
What have you all done to show your displeasure ?
Nothing but you wan carry placards to protest my children names …..uncles and aunts make una park well oh …Long live Nigeria”

26 comments:

  1. a.k.a EDWIN CHINEDU AZUBUKO said...
    .
    Yu could make the name like thirty for each.... Well congrat though...
    .
    .
    ***CURRENTLY IN JUPITER***

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Na him sabi.na them anything you want.na you be their papa now and mama never complain also













      Get All Network Free Browsing Tips & Tricks,Blackbery Tutorials,Android Tutorials,Music Downloads,Video Downloads And More Here

      Delete
  2. Lmao See how long the names are. Pity your kids

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nollywood and hollywood are not names of human being.It is names of things.are your kids things?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Which kind of long names are those? Yoruba never seize to amaze me mtcheww

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olodo. Seize Kong seizure ni

      Delete
    2. Seize kur Size ni...Truth Bitch....it is 'Cease'
      Don't thank Me, Thank God

      Delete
  5. I just feel sorry for the kids cos wen they grow up pple are so going to make fun of their names.
    sensualintimacydesires.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. My broda dnt mind dem o, after all its nt easy 2 hv a child. Na u knw wetin u wan call dem, if u lyk u call dem monkey n chimpazee, na d extreme of ur joy..... Kudo 2 ur blessed home

    ReplyDelete
  7. My broda dnt mind dem o, e easy 2 get pikin? If u lyk name dem monkey n chimpazee, na ur joy b dat. Kudo 2 ur blessed home. D lord is ur muscle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neva my business and it will neva be if u like name them cat and dog ur biz

    *REALCUTEMICKY*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nigerians and their mentality, the man is just trying to adapt like the whites in giving names to their kids to d position dey were born into. Barrack Obama's father was born in the Barracks now cee, even George Bush was born while their parents went huntin dah was aw he got the name bush, I aslo heard my hausa frnd hu gave birth during the bombings in Borno named the child Boko Mallam, God knws if my wife gives birth in a first class jet, I'll name ma baby First class and so on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lmao...vizzy u yaff kih me with laughter mehnn...lwkmd. I love that name "first class". Loooolz

      Delete
    2. Hahahaha

      Delete
    3. Hahahaha. You just made my day.

      Delete
  10. I so so so love his reply #Onpoint

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahahahahahaha... got me cracking!!! just like jet lee was born in a jet, and Bruno mars was born in mars... @ vizzy... she'll give birth inside keke napep...

    ReplyDelete
  12. He should have name omo mushin 1 and 2. Ode.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't mind them jare Mr. Femi

    ReplyDelete
  14. There's still Ahab & Jezebel, Judas & Delilah or Sodom & Gomorrah. I wonder how Judas' parents would feel now, after all the name actually means praise. All the names were created from good intentions but the people gave them bad meanings and negative history. Hollywood & Nollywood is also ok, it was created for entertainment, though it promotes defiance for God, negative role models, nudity....it's the origin of the name that matters, eh, not what it stands for today, abi, baba Holly & Nolly (#ofallthelocalnamesonearth#)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I quietly laughed the first time I got news of their names but o boy u just pushed me to talk by trying to defend these local names. I also have twins, but it doesn't mean I will name the Jos and Jalingo

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321