Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo-A marriage that may redefine compatibility(Must Read) | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Friday 9 August 2013

Peter Okoye & Lola Omotayo-A marriage that may redefine compatibility(Must Read)

Eight years after she started dating half of the twin singing sensation, P-Square, Peter Okoye, and with two kids from the affair, Lola Omotayo finally had the last laugh on Tuesday.

    Before the very eyes of those who had been wondering what would become of the relationship, she got engaged to the singer. In the typical P-Square fashion, it was not a quiet one.

    Armed with a brand new Range Rover SUV, a bunch of flowers, an engagement ring and a note which simply read, ‘Please, say yes’, Peter popped the question to his mixed-race lover, thereby shutting up the naysayers who felt the relationship was not marriage-bound.

   He then took to his Instagram account to share the news with his numerous followers. Like Siamese twins, the lovers had stuck to each other since 2005 when their paths first crossed, just as P-Square were kicking off their career.



  From the word go, it seemed they were incompatible, what with differences in factors like age, pedigree, exposure and educational background working against them?  But all through the years, any hint of pain or heartache went virtually undetectable, as publicity-shy Omotayo,who rarely steps out with Peter, always puts up a brave front. She is 40, while Peter is 34.

        Not discountenancing the fact that she might have nursed some secret pains, she once spoke about how challenging it was dating a celebrity.
“There are things you have to deal with; a lot of women, intruders, fans. You have to appreciate and respect the fans, but you also have some of them who are thinking of other things,” Omotayo once said.

     A Theatre Arts graduate from San Francisco University, United States of America, Omotayo initially had her eyes on Nollywood. But fate had a different plan.  Prior to that time, she had enrolled to study Psychology at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife, but later abandoned the idea, opting to study abroad instead.

     Upon her return to Nigeria, she ended up in the corporate sector, where she worked with ECONET (now Airtel) as an events manager. She later moved to Daily Times, advertising company, FK:G2 and her father’s company, Nosco Oil & Gas. It was during her time at FK:G2 that her paths crossed with a young Peter.

     Recounting their love story, Omotayo said she was a hard nut to crack. “Though I had met Peter a couple of times before then, at the show, one of our clients, British American Tobacco (BAT) and P-Square were doing something on Benson & Hedges then. We were on a road show together.

 “My agency handled some of the British American Tobacco brands and P-Square was doing a show for us at one of our events in Enugu. There was some chemistry. He asked for my number and I refused giving it to him. I told him if you really wanted to know me, you have to find my number. So, he took it as a task and found my number and the rest is history.”

   The relationship had its fair share of scandals that threatened to shake its very foundation. The most popular being Peter’s rumoured romance with former beauty queen, Munachi Abii, in 2008.  According to reports at the time, Abii was said to have kicked off a romance with the singer after she was featured in their hit video, Ifunnaya.

    So strong were the rumours that both women, Omotayo and Abii, were alleged to have exchanged blows when they stumbled into each other at the P-Square villa. Both parties later debunked the tales as empty gossip.

   Then, the fact that there were two children already in the picture ensured that their relationship was always subject to public scrutiny. In June, five months after the birth of the second child, Omotayo was, once again, the butt of online wags who felt her relationship with the famous singer was a sheer waste of time.

  Worse, the lovers constantly maintained that marriage was not in the picture. In a 2008 interview, Omotayo went philosophical when asked a question concerning marriage. She said, “There is so much that completes a woman and marriage is not it. I’ve never focused on that. I’m not afraid to be alone. However, I pray, I am not going to end up alone for the rest of my life; I want a life partner.”

But just when some folks felt Omotayo’s parents were not in support of the affair, her father’s presence during her surprise birthday party, organised by Peter last year, shut many lips.

If everything goes on as planned, the lovers will be joining a 2face Idibia, who rose through many doubts and scandals to eventually tie the knot with Anie Macauley.  For now, many are watching and waiting with bated breath

Punch

33 comments:

  1. Lola is 40 and still got married to one of the hottest dudes inthe world? Somebory shoot me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Koba! U don die...Lmao!!!!

      Delete
  2. Thank God she rushed the child bearing cos menopause is so close 2 her. I wish them well sha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Age is of the mind! Trying times will always surface somewhere in ourlife.... how u pull tru time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis/bro age is nt a thing of d mind,its a fact dat women age faster than men.Demi Moore will tell u beta.by d time she is 50 d dude will be like 44.44 for a man is d begining,even @ 50 a man is sexually agile(so strong)But a woman?hmmmmmm can't say,some say d muscles of d watever slackens.Atleast posh and Beckham is just a year.Thou I wish dem all d best.(I am a woman)

      Delete
    2. Sharrap @11.55. When you understand what love, compatibility and happiness means you wont be analyzing the age difference in such manner. What is sex without any of the above mentioned? After all men will be men...How do you explain men married to very young beautiful ladies who still go out and cheat if sex was that ultimate to marital bliss. They have tested the waters and he feels she is very right for him...Best wishes to them both and am also a lady.

      Delete
  4. Wish the two all the best. @ pwety, how old are you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww she has been through a lot. Glad she had the last laugh just like Annie Idibia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh did Annie get d last laugh?didn't know

      Delete
    2. Mumu she had the last laugh and is still laughing. She got her man back. Lola also got her Man from Muna

      Delete
  6. Awwww. Visit www.ameriestyle.blogspot.com and see the latest trend for men

    ReplyDelete
  7. So wat exactly was this story trying to say? #yawns....sips alomo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Engagement no be for middle finger? She don rush put am for marriage finger,wen she come marry na for pinky finger e go be,mtchwwwwwe desperate baby machine.... #sips vodka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Engagement is originally meant 2 be worn on d ring finger wch I believe is wat u call d marriage finger, d diff is dat most engagement rings have a stone, cud be diamond, ruby etc, den d wedding ring is mostly a plain band... Nd its dnt her fault u dnt have a womb 2 make babies ok?

      Delete
    2. Nigerians re so local I see a lot of wannabes fixing the engagement ring on the middle finger.take correction babes stop been a bushmo. Since getting engaged with the ring is foreign we shuld either copy and do it well or nt copy at all. It's always annoying see dem putting d ring on the fuck u finger.

      Delete
    3. this Lola father Dipo Omotayo is a wicked man.. And peter okoye knew about my outstanding Court case with his inlaw Dipo Omotayo yet he can't advise him on it. This man Dipo Omotayo took me to JUJU house for an oracle, i sued him for forcefully taken me to a JUJU house for investigation of a missing 300,000 after a get together party in his house @5 mingi estae trans amadi portharcout.. High Court Portharcout granted me judgment for pouring a concoctions into my eyes and other part of my body... Their Marriage is not new to me, but the only thing that will be new to me now is for peter okoye to advise his inlaw Dipo Omotayo to pay the remaining 1million out of 2million Court awarded me fo my medical/hospital bill. Dipo Omotayo paid 1million under an execution to carry his property to Court for auction in order to get my 2million for my eye treatment... Ever since then this lola father has been sending me thugs to kill me, and last year, I arrested 3boys who confess that they were sent to poison me to death but police refused to investigate the my said matter.. I want to meet PRESS on this issue.. Pls help me pass this message to others or you can call me on 08068853195 for my complete story.. Thank you for reading... Nnaji

      Delete
    4. Olodo, that is the right place to place an engagement ring...Engagement and wedding rings are the culture of the white man and that's where they place their rings...chicken brain!!! and why insult her, what is desperate about her. She found happiness and her commitment has finally given her the title she so deserves...Go eat your brains out black belle.

      Delete
  9. My own bi se lola and her father Dipo Omotayo should pay my outstanding money which High Court Portharcout gave on my behalf for taking me to JUJU for oracle... Dipo Omotayo and his manager Usuff wrongly accused me of 300,000 (Three hundred thousand naira, after a get together party in his house 5,Mingi estae trans Amadi portharcout. He invited police who detained me for 24 hrs without food or water. He gave the police 150,000 ( hundred and fifty thousand naira to take me to JUJU house to get truth from me for the missing 300,000. They pushed me into Dipo's Jeep the next morning and his drive Napoleon with the two police men took me to JUJU house. This police officers took me to Ogoni far away from portharcout, and when they arrived Ogoni in Tai local government area, they forced me out of the Jeep and pushed me into the JUJU house,removed all I was putting on and poured a concoctions on my eyes and other part of my body. When they finished, the JUJU man told them I wasn't the person and they brought me back to portharcout and ask me to go my way. I quickly ran to a nearby police station and report the matter, and I consulted a lawyer who took up the matter to court. I was granted judgment of 2million for my medical treatment, and Dipo Paid. 1million through the help of Court bailiff via execution, and Dipo promise to pay the remaining 1million in 2months time... But as I speaks now,Dipo has refused to pay the balance and instead him and his manager and the police has been sending me thugs to kill me. I arrested 3boys last year who confess to the police I reported them to that they were sent to poison me to death... My fellow readers Pls help me figure this out or any help you can render to me Pls call me 08068853195. Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
  10. omo see gobe, nnaji you cant be serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, am serious ooh!! This is real my dear. All I want right now is the balance of the 1million cos I need eye surgery. If they fail to do that I will go to PRESS and expose them including his company Nosco oil and gas services Nigeria Limited, Portharcout..even P.square cannot advise his inlaw, instead he released a song telling me he will deal. With me personally@sing...

      Delete
    2. Babe you are delusional...So P.Square release song because of you....Mscheew!

      Delete
  11. These their over wealth will disgrace them someday... I cannot worship them or their money like others do, I hail from Enugu state and P.square is from Anabra state, married to Yoruba. So the world is a small world, I do see them in my state often when them come and make money. The funny thing is that this Lola father Dipo Omotayo was crying and pleading to the bailiff not carry his property the very day court workers came for an execution in his house in Portharcout,now he has refused to pay as he promised... His inlaw P.square and his multi million company are there!!! What happened to Nosco oil and Gas services Nigeria limited??? You will not carry all these your money to heaven or hell fire ooooooo... Everything end here. Advise no bi curs ooo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mercy please keep quiet...what were you doing in the so called party in the first place and why were you the only person who was accused of stealing?

      Delete
    2. hahhahahaha @ Mercy what are u trying to say?

      Delete
  12. sick mercy, you actually need mercy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mercy thunder fire u there! Nor bi p-square inlaw suppose pay u? Y u dae talk nonsense 4 dis place? Peter is not responsible 4 ur money go meet Lola's dad now nor bin ein court ask to pay u? Me eh ar dae happy 4 them well well, en ar dae pray say peter fit gee Lola another belle b-4 menoporse catch. Am Beoku correct yoruba borbor but ar Sierra leone if e be say ar dae naija dis tem eh ar 4 don gee peter 2 million naira 4 dis engagement i like lola alot

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mercy thunder fire u there! Nor bi p-square inlaw suppose pay u? Y u dae talk nonsense 4 dis place? Peter is not responsible 4 ur money go meet Lola's dad now nor bin ein court ask to pay u? Me eh ar dae happy 4 them well well, en ar dae pray say peter fit gee Lola another belle b-4 menoporse catch. Am Beoku correct yoruba borbor but ar Sierra leone if e be say ar dae naija dis tem eh ar 4 don gee peter 2 million naira 4 dis engagement i like lola alot

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish u D best in getin in to marriage with ur one and only true luv i wish D 2 of u D best in life@ dat was D right tin to do peter okoye. Luv is nt all abt age is wat u feel 4 each other dat matters u are still D man of D house peter okoye dat cn never change. True luv is D answer.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Point of correction Peter is 31, Lola is 40

    ReplyDelete
  17. So? How does it affect u wen both parties ar cool wit it. Gbe borun lo wa nkan se

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321