Lauryn Hill sentenced to 3 Months in prison for Tax Evasion | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Tuesday 7 May 2013

Lauryn Hill sentenced to 3 Months in prison for Tax Evasion

Despite paying off her tax debt (at the last minute) Lauryn Hill was sentened to three months in federal prison for tax evasion!
According to her lawyer, she paid off nearly $970,000 in state and federal tax liabilities,the judge was unperturbed and sentenced Lauryn to 3 months behind bars, 3 months of house arrest AND 9 months of supervised release!

During the hearing, Lauryn defended her mounting tax debt by saying

"I was put into a system I didn't know the nature of. ... I'm a child of former slaves. I got into an economic paradigm and had that imposed on me." I sold 50 million units ... now I'm up here paying a tax debt. If that's not likened to slavery, I don't know what is."

5 comments:

  1. The prison wey dem go put am better pass our celebs houses for here

    ReplyDelete
  2. This can never happen in Nigeria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mehn, but America can be hard o. U spend as much as you earn on taxes. It is not easy some of them do not even know they are in debt cause they charge them more than they do regular citizens and they have workers who are not conscious enough to follow these taxes through.

      Delete
  3. Wow so sad to see black celebs in the news for tax evasion. You never hear of whites owing taxes. Smh

    ReplyDelete
  4. True talk i never hear of white celebs owing taxes.

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321