Blogger's Diary - How I Met the Governor!!!! | This Is Miss Petite Nigeria Blog

Tuesday 1 November 2011

Blogger's Diary - How I Met the Governor!!!!

Its been a while since I wrote,its sad considering the fact that,posts which shot me up the charts are my personal handwritten experiences.Well,on Saturday,there I was struggling to gain entrance into LTV 8(Lagos state television)Premises.The newly elected local government chairmen were being sworn in by the Executive Governor of Lagos State.


As a reporter, I was there to do my job.Using my influence(female charm),I gained access inside the already packed premises.From where I stood,it was impossible to go any further. I was still pondering when a perspiring female colleague,carrying a beautiful baby came up to me.She seemed to have scanned the faces of all the ladies and decided"I was more baby friendly,she could trust me not to run off with her baby"and begged that I carry her baby for a few mins.


Ok,i wasn't thrilled at first.There were a thousand people there, the heat was unbearable,I was trying to get an interview with a particular dignitary.Then on a second thought, I gladly accepted this blue eyed innocent being.How was I to know that single action would lead me to .......
As the mum wandered away and got lost in the crowd,I cuddled this bundle of joy close to my bosom and kept rocking her,with my eye on the high table, I pushed forward,the security pushed backwards.Then out of the blue,my baby began to cry,one of the Governor's security aides spotted me and stared at the baby and back at my flushed face.Taking that as a cue"I'm a reporter I yelled above a thousand angry voices which droned in my ears".He opened the barricade for me to pass by.There I was, in the VIP section."Lovely baby "he said with a smile.


Well,all the seats were occupied with the crème de la crème of Lagos state.I kept rocking my baby,sweating,and looked like a beautiful mother in distress.I kept inching closer to the high table.From my point of view, I could see the shocked expressions on the faces of fellow reporters.They envied me.
I thought to myself,"Now that I'm here,why not have an exclusive interview with BRF(Governor),yea its against the rules, and as an accredited correspondent,I know the rules,but the baby on my arm was my weapon, I was going to use it to the maximum.I was still pondering when a young man(probably an usher) walked up to me"excuse me"I turned around with a smile on my face"yes,can I help you?"You are a reporter right"?

I  blushed"yes I am".Well,the governor has asked that I give you a seat."I was stunned."Me?Are you sure?How,why?"Ignoring my questions he continued"You are a very beautiful mother,What's her name"? Princess, I said with a smile"Princess Emeh"




With a smile,he led me towards the left wing,where a lot of dignitaries were seated.He showed me a seat, and I sat down.I kept imagining questions I would ask the governor and things I would say"Mr Governor,Last year, i wrote an article in your favourite magazine(Megavision),rumours have it that,you tagged it as an all time favourite, how come i ain't riding a rangesport yet?(wink)lol..Well,what is your response to the recent  insinuations that you have slowed down drastically......."But why would the governor send for me?Knowing his status as a no-nonsense man.Maybe he realised who I was,or knowing his affection towards little children,hated the fact that I was keeping the child under the scorching sun...

Then I stopped in my tracks"something was wrong.I mean,baba governor hadn't even looked my way since.then I signalled to the usher ,and said,"Pls,can you remind mr governor that I and my lovely baby are still here".He nodded and said"Dont worry,Mr Governor has gone to receive a call,he would be back soon"."I BEG YOUR PARDON,which governor are you talking about?Is that not the governor seated onthe high table"?

He burst into laughter like he was crazy"Oh girl,you dey dream ohhh!so if dem leave you,you believe say na oga Fashola(Gov of Lagos State)dey call you abi?.I just dey here when that man(an impeccably dresses middle aged man walked towards us)say make I call you".

 I was agape when the gentleman took a seat besides me"Hello beautiful lady.What a pretty baby you have"I was too shocked to utter a word as the ceremony came to a close and I watched the real governor walk away with his entourage."My name is Ndubisi,but people call me "THE GOVERNOR".
I was stunned as I looked down at my baby (Princess)"Nice meeting you the "governor".I'm sorry I have to leave now,to go catch up with the real "GOVERNOR".


I walked away squeezing my fuming self and a crying princess Emeh,into the mammoth crowd.Of course,i never caught up the governor,there's always next time.But I cherished the feel of holding that blue eyed ,innocent baby close to my bosom.

9 comments:

  1. so how far wt d baby na? pls complete d gist

    ReplyDelete
  2. that high level suspense is not good for my heart ohh. what a wonderful piece

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg..lovely..emeh please where is the continuation?Can you make it complete?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL hahahaha the real governor ey

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmaoooo... 'the governor' indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. **almost choking on my laughter**


    Emeh (original Emeh o) has killed me!!
    Please, was the baby half caste or Caucasian? Cos Naija baby wey get blue eye must have some form of medical condition... oh lorD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaahaha..this is one funny and really intellligent writeup"The governor"i go slap am

    ReplyDelete
  8. damnn,..it wasn't the govenor..hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. emeh achanga.......u wont stop making me lafff.......lmaooooooo

    ReplyDelete



For Inquiries/Tipoff emepretty@gmail.com - Call 08095369321